To all the doubters!!!

12 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

In fairness, Ryan is the one who read the defense and called that play so he does get some of the credit.

Exactly... he read cover 0 and audible to the WR screen.  It looked very similar to the play last year when they finally got Julio a TD against Washington.  Matthew blasted Josh Norman..  Matthews (& Sanu) came up clutch.  For those that want to discredit Ryan.. or our team, then so be it.  Your prerogative.  I'm excited as **** that we won that game.  We are 1-1.  Now we have to go on the road to face a touch Colts team.  But we can win that game as well....  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wins a win. Fix the INT's and it's not even close.

Man screw the haters lol. I'm just happy we won. Philly's defense was still relatively healthy lol. And I mean, they still have a good QB along with one of the best TE's in the game

In fairness, Ryan is the one who read the defense and called that play so he does get some of the credit.

Posted Images

Just now, rings639 said:

I’m not worried about health.  I’m concerned about those that complain non stop and maybe, just maybe, why we have to pump noise into our stadium because our fan base sucks.  But please tell me why I’m the problem on why I believe in the team you don’t.

you think the people with THOUSANDS of posts on a message board dedicated to the Falcons are the reason we have to pump noise into the stadium? ok

season is early there is plenty of room for improvement.  no team wants to be 0-4 when hit their stride. just hang in their....philly great defense, got beat up on Offense. but hey so are we , this is just the way it is in the NFL.  I will take the Win next....Can't win the SB in Sept.  any get what im saying.  I remember a pack and giants team played crappy all year squeked into the post season then went on to win the SB, is my point.

2 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I hope for your sake the OP doesn’t see this post

Did we make progress from week one to week two?  Holy sh*t.  That’s amazing.  It’s almost like the tenured fans were calm and the garbage casual fans who haven’t been there before freaked out and were amazed by this.

Just now, rings639 said:

Did we make progress from week one to week two?  Holy sh*t.  That’s amazing.  It’s almost like the tenured fans were calm and the garbage casual fans who haven’t been there before freaked out and were amazed by this.

Cue the “you’re not real fans” rant. You bore me and I’m sure others as well.

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

you think the people with THOUSANDS of posts on a message board dedicated to the Falcons are the reason we have to pump noise into the stadium? ok

Yes.  I can live in a different country and post on a message board.  That doesn’t help noise in a stadium.  Is this rocket science?

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Agreed on that. Fortunately I think there were enough positive signs from the offense today. We moved the ball pretty well against a good defense. Had a missed FG and an awful red zone INT plus a few other terrible INTs. We have some unforced errors by veteran players tonight. I think Ryan is going to watch film and make adjustments. The running game worries me a bit. Too much dancing and such in the back field before the play starts. Even then, we averaged 3.4 YPC tonight on 17 carries. Far from where we want to be, but that's something to build on. 

Yeah if Ryan gets his head right and stops forcing the ball and the Oline holds up we should be in better shape. Definitely think Ito needs to get the lions share of the carries. He just always seems to make something happen.

28 minutes ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Dude, they still suck. No way should this game have been this close. Half their players were hurt!

Please, injuries, bad plays, turnovers, all of that is a part of the game; A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. The Falcons made more plays, and played better overall. GTFO with your "half their players were hurt". The Eagles defense still played the game.

2 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Cue the “you’re not real fans” rant. You bore me and I’m sure others as well.

I'm skeptical of anyone that gatekeeps like that. Like who tf are you to call anyone someone else a "fake" fan. It's just a lazy argument to avoid any criticism.

I saw some guy on here the other day that wrote about how much the Falcons disappoint him and how he has no hope for the future and how this franchise only brings him pain, etc.. but for some reason the dude still watches every sunday and even posts online about the team. Is that healthy? No. Would I do that? No. Is he a real fan? absolutely. No sane person would go through that kind of self-harm if they weren't a fan.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'm skeptical of anyone that gatekeeps like that. Like who tf are you to call anyone someone else a "fake" fan. It's just a lazy argument to avoid any criticism.

I saw some guy on here the other day that wrote about how much the Falcons disappoint him and how he has no hope for the future and how this franchise only brings him pain, etc.. but for some reason the dude still watches every sunday and even posts online about the team. Is that healthy? No. Would I do that? No. Is he a real fan? absolutely. No sane person would go through that kind of self-harm if they weren't a fan.

Yeah nothing wrong at all with being cautiously optimistic given the two performances we have seen so far. But yeah anyone who goes to “ you’re not a fan” just because they don’t like your opinion is automatically put in the idiot column

50 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I would think this post would rally on why we can be excited.  Instead it is excuses on why they still aren’t good.  Please, go root for someone else.  You are proof on why this is why we have one of the weakest fan bases in the nfl.

The still sucks posts are from oppo fans.  If we continue to improve at this rate we will crush our enemies and hear the lamentations of their women.

The INT issue should clean up over the next few weeks.  We go through this every time we change OCs.   Turnovers go through the roof early in the year, then everyone finally masters the playbook and the offense clicks.  

This is Ryan’s fourth coordinator change.   Malarkey to Koetter to Shanahan to Sarkisian and back to Koetter.   Each time he finally gets the hang of the system the OC either takes a HC job or gets run out of town

1 hour ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Dude, they still suck. No way should this game have been this close. Half their players were hurt!

This lol ....we GOT LUCKY to win AT HOME vs a team that was riddled with injuries...a team that literally asked a women broadcaster if she wanna come out and play for them at half. WE 100% deserved to lose this game. 

QUINN doing quin things on that 4-14 last drive doing the stupid prevent play that has 100% FAIL RATE !!!!

We gave up 25+ points in 1.5 quarters in superbowl loss playing the stupid zone prevent defense and this stupid coach still has not learned that crap dont work. Why cant he just keep doing what has worked the whole game why change it up and play that stupid soft defense every time we go up by 10+ points.

6 hours ago, dmo_dlo said:

Freeman still sucked, and so did Jake except breaking that DB into half. 

Freeman looked like himself on that shovel pass.  He seems to be struggling making something out of nothing.  I have a feeling our run game as a whole will be a work in progress this year, especially if we continue having to move our lineman in and out due to injury.  Was very happy to see McGary come back in last night.  I think I actually yelled out in excitement when I realized it.  

Jake was fine imo, he was left alone most the night once McGary went down and he did well considering they had to shift TE help over to Sambralo.  He has had two rough matchups and made progress week over week, should look better the next few weeks as well.

5 minutes ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Wow, that was ugly. I had to change my screen name because it was “offensive”. Threads get locked up because people express complaints about this team. But this, THIS, is okay???...

Maybe it was harsh, but I have no tolerance for people who are miserable and do everything they can to make other join in their misery.  We won.  We as a fan base should be happy and celebrate together.  If you want to just find reasons to complain non stop go root for the Dolphins this year....you’ll be in much better company.

I'm enjoying the win but if you choose not to remember Jefferies and Jackson didnt play you are just being Homers. 

Imagine if ryan played without ridley and julio. Not the same level but it makes a difference. 

The game was way closer than it should have been but we won.  On to the next.

11 hours ago, rings639 said:

It was one week.  Tru sucks.  Freeman sucks.  Oliver sucks.  Jake Mathews sucks.  And most importantly Quinn sucks.  I can not wait for all the crow to be eaten in this soft fan base!!!!!0

I learned a long time ago that the Falcons and Braves performance is inversely proportionate to the praise I give them. I intend to trash them before the next game.