droopy1592

Ok, so about those bubble screens...

24 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Makaveli96 said:

I still remember everyone on this forum screeching about those during Koetter's final year here before leaving.

Run them 100 times it's bound to work at least once.

Just now, hjerry said:

after those same people spent years screaming about Mularkey never running them

Imma defend that first group. Not because we didn’t run them, but because his bull squeeze excuse was we didn’t have the personnel to run screens. As if you have to have linebackers at the guard and tackle spots to pull it off. And as if our line was built up of road graders. 

I’ve never wanted a coach fired more than him. I’m cool with him as TE coach but keep his arrogant butt away from the game plan. 

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Imma defend that first group. Not because we didn’t run them, but because his bull squeeze excuse was we didn’t have the personnel to run screens. As if you have to have linebackers at the guard and tackle spots to pull it off. And as if our line was built up of road graders. 

I’ve never wanted a coach fired more than him. I’m cool with him as TE coach but keep his arrogant butt away from the game plan. 

Mularkeybook-jpg-168c955b6b1957e03418d01e1099ac5d

28 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Run them 100 times it's bound to work at least once.

Their chances of success really aren't different than other plays. It's a matter of timing and execution. We executed it perfectly at a time when the Eagles were being overly aggressive and susceptible to it. 

JDaveG likes this

Ran it last season against Washingon.  Got Julio his 1st TD of season.  Matthews crushed Josh Norman

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It was brilliant to keep that play in his back pocket until THAT moment because Schwartz was blitzing all game. Bit him in the @ss. 

Did Koetter call that or Ryan audible to that?

22 minutes ago, hjerry said:

after those same people spent years screaming about Mularkey never running them

I think most of us just want a happy balance but we ran a couple screens tonight and then all were positive

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Ryan was saying they gave them the look they wanted so it seems that was the play from upstairs. But it looked as if Matt changed the original play at the line to that play. So they probably had an original play and if they got an all out blitz with cover 0 they would go with the screen. Matt seemed GK get excited when he saw that look. 

falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Ryan was saying they gave them the look they wanted so it seems that was the play from upstairs. But it looked as if Matt changed the original play at the line to that play. So they probably had an original play and if they got an all out blitz with cover 0 they would go with the screen. Matt seemed GK get excited when he saw that look. 

Yeah, I just saw Matt on Sportscenter say that he audibled out of the play call to that screen.

TheFatboi likes this

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Yeah, I just saw Matt on Sportscenter say that he audibled out of the play call to that screen.

Yep. I saw the check. Pederson said he checked out of the original play too. 

falcons007 likes this

18 minutes ago, fuego said:

Could be a play they decided to audible into when last on the sideline and had a conversation about all of the pressure. These are adjustments. 

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yeah. Matt did say DK called the play earlier. He checked the look he got and audibled at the line for the screen.

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Could be a play they decided to audible into when last on the sideline and had a conversation about all of the pressure. These are adjustments. 

I just saw Matt on Sportscenter. He said he audibled out of the original play.