Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tmodel66

Don’t you just hate Collinsworth?

43 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Not sure what game you watched. He had positives for just about every Falcon player. Don’t let your hate cover your ears.

He praised “players” sure. But he constantly celebrated every positive play philly had

I didn't hate him as much tonight. He definitely seems to have a rooting interest in certain teams but I did appreciate how much time he spent talking **** Ricardo Allen's play in the redzone 

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Collinsworth was actively rooting for the Eagles. He should be banned from broadcasting 

No he wasn't.

16 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

No he wasn't.

He was ecstatic Wentz knee wasn’t down. He whined when they got called for holding. And a lot more. I had to put him on mute. 

Edited by NeonDeion

I hate fringe fans on game days coming out of the dark corners acting like they know something. All I see in my brain is a redneck wearing a UGA hat backward with a lip full of Copenhagen. 

I thought he did harp on the Eagles injuries a bit too much but not as bad as Buck/Aikman vs Green Bay in 2016.

Collinsworth doesn't bother me generally. I think he is a very good analyst.

However when he does some teams games, GB and Patriots primarily, the gushing is a bit too much for me. The guy has a ton of Sports Emmys so somebody thinks he is doing a good job for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Collinsworth doesn’t bother me. I enjoy listening to him. He’s smug, arrogant, and tenured. I enjoy arguing with him...even though he can’t hear me

Same. He prepares for games better than any announcer out there does.

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

He was ecstatic Wentz knee wasn’t down. He whined when they got called for holding. And a lot more. I had to put him on mute. 

The holding complaint was a general statement that just happened to be after it was called on Philly. I see his point because it’s so often a drive killer. 

Just now, dmite said:

The holding complaint was a general statement that just happened to be after it was called on Philly. I see his point because it’s so often a drive killer. 

I would agree with you except he kept doing it every time something bad happened to them. I rarely mute commentators but I had to mute him 

6 hours ago, Jesus said:

Well the blitzes were working and their defense was creating turnovers and keeping them in the game. That was a **** of a throw by Wentz that kept them in the game. He was, you know calling the game.

How about you mention how many times he called Jarrett great or how he made excuses for Matt on all the ints?

He was also amazed at the adjustment Ricardo Allen made on that hit in the end zone.

Jesus likes this

7 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

He did throw some love our way shortly after this post, but even as we were getting set on fourth down, he was still stroking Schwartz...BTW, it sounded like he was ready to blow Wentz when he threw as he was being tackled...and when was it mentioned that Tru, who had two picks, was out for Philly’s last two drives?

And, stereotyping anybody you don’t know as intellectually inferior is a sign of...Oh, well, you’re a smart guy, figure it out for yourself.

Dude, just stop. This is so stupid. If you want a homer broadcast listen to Wes and Archer. 

rings639 likes this