Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

23 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Are we acting like UGA wasn’t one defensive failure away from winning one two years ago?  It can be done.

No, we're acting like Fromm is far more than just a game manager. Anyone that thinks that is all he is has limited football knowledge and should probably stop talking. I'm in no way saying you are doing that, just seemed like a good time to hammer that point home. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had offensive linemen banged up, one leave the game and one play through it. We had a starting corner not even dress and the other one got hurt early and missed the rest of the game... the 6’6 TE t

This is pure Class.  Tip my hat to you ND  

a few nuggets:        

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No, we're acting like Fromm is far more than just a game manager. Anyone that thinks that is all he is has limited football knowledge and should probably stop talking. I'm in no way saying.you are doing that, just seemed like a good time to hammer.that point.home. 

You may be acting that way but a few others are saying a game manager can’t win a a national championship.

19 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

People dismiss ND because Clemson destroyed them in the playoff semifinals.  But Clemson also destroyed Bama.  So ND was a very solid team.  A very solid win.

That said, Kirby need to let his creative offensive coaches run the offense. We look like the 80’s Broncos.  

that's the big issue and that includes many UGA fans.. if we use that logic then bama isn't a solid team either because they got their butts kicked by clemson.. the reality is notre dame is a top 10 team.  they are a very good team and gave us a terrific battle. 

10 hours ago, The Great American said:

I suppose we'll drop in the rankings with LSU and Ohio State's performance but I'm very happy with the win.  Every one is harping on the offense but I got a little frustrated with our lack of pass rushing at times.     

we won't drop.. we beat a top 10 team..  ohio state beat up on another crap team and they have done nothing this year to prove anything.. lsu gave up 38 points to a vandy team that could only muster 6 points against us..  yesterday's game should only help our resume.  in fact we picked up a 1st place vote.. 

25 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No, we're acting like Fromm is far more than just a game manager. Anyone that thinks that is all he is has limited football knowledge and should probably stop talking. I'm in no way saying.you are doing that, just seemed like a good time to hammer.that point.home. 

people have no clue what a game manager is and isn't.. fromm is far from that.  i just ignore people who say that.. it's clear they have no clue what that is.. Fromm is freaking amazing.  just amazing. 

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Are we acting like UGA wasn’t one defensive failure away from winning one two years ago?  It can be done.

Fromm played like a game manager in the 2nd half and Tua played like a star in the 2nd half. That should tell you everything you need to know about that. Game managers don't win National championships any longer. Your QB better make plays and play to win

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Fromm played like a game manager in the 2nd half and Tua played like a star in the 2nd half. That should tell you everything you need to know about that. Game managers don't win National championships any longer. Your QB better make plays and play to win

It’s easier to play like a star when you have 3 top 10 WRs in college on your roster... Tua, while he’s extremely accurate, can throw a 5 yard slant that turns into a 70 yard TD. If Bama didn’t have those studs on the outside do you really think he’d throw for over 300 yards every game? Tua is a good QB but his receivers make him great and I’m not sure you could change my mind 

28 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we won't drop.. we beat a top 10 team..  ohio state beat up on another crap team and they have done nothing this year to prove anything.. lsu gave up 38 points to a vandy team that could only muster 6 points against us..  yesterday's game should only help our resume.  in fact we picked up a 1st place vote.. 

I'm glad we didn't drop.  Could not be happier to be wrong about something!!

7 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s easier to play like a star when you have 3 top 10 WRs in college on your roster... Tua, while he’s extremely accurate, can throw a 5 yard slant that turns into a 70 yard TD. If Bama didn’t have those studs on the outside do you really think he’d throw for over 300 yards every game? Tua is a good QB but his receivers make him great and I’m not sure you could change my mind 

In 2016 Devonta Smith only had 8 catches for 160 yards. Jeudy had 14 catches for 264 yards. Tua is a good college QB. He has star moments.

9 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

And I’m sorry, in college you can win Championships without your QB throwing for 300 a game if you have a great defense and a run game that can eat clock. UGA is literally a defensive secondary breakdown from having a National Championship so I’m confused where this thought comes from

You can play the what ifs game all day. They didn't win. Falcons could have won the Super bowl in 2016. They didn't. Means nothing that you almost did something. Either you do it or you don't. That's it. If UGA wins the Natty it will be because of Fromm. He is capable of doing it

15 hours ago, Carter said:

On that first ND injury where the guy was pushed down by his teammate, I really think it’s clear that it was legit. The guy was wobbling and was not going to get set or be effective as we were hurrying on offense. His teammate who pushed him down to the ground was watching him for a few seconds and ran to put him down. You can even see from the way the guy falls down and how he walks off the field he was seeing stars.

On the second one I’m not really sure what happened to him but they were attending to him for a little while.

Working night shift and rewatching some of the clips. Stood out to me much more so than it did during the game that the first one at least was not a fake injury.

that was not a real injury period.  it's pretty easy to see #20 was first going to go down, but then the other player was told to drop.. they faked that injury and there is no other explanation for what happened on that play.. so agree to disagree. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

You can play the what ifs game all day. They didn't win. Falcons could have won the Super bowl in 2016. They didn't. Means nothing that you almost did something. Either you do it or you don't. That's it. If UGA wins the Natty it will be because of Fromm. He is capable of doing it

That’s not an if, dude. That’s a fact. I agree it will be because of Fromm but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will have to throw it all over field to do it 

5 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

That’s not an if, dude. That’s a fact. I agree it will be because of Fromm but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will have to throw it all over field to do it 

It's a fact Bama won. That's all that matters. Win or lose. That's it. Who said Fromm has to do that? I don't even know what point you're arguing. You might have me confused with someone else

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

It's a fact Bama won. That's all that matters. Win or lose. That's it. Who said Fromm has to do that? I don't even know what point you're arguing. You might have me confused with someone else

It where you said Fromm played like a game manager. I could’ve completely misunderstood what you were saying and if so I do apologize 

10 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

that was not a real injury period.  it's pretty easy to see #20 was first going to go down, but then the other player was told to drop.. they faked that injury and there is no other explanation for what happened on that play.. so agree to disagree. 

Meh, to me he obviously looks very wobbly in that clip but I don’t really care too much so whatever. :lol: 

Go Dawgs! Man I’m so happy with this win. A lot to build on but you can see we are a legit contender. One game at a time.

All these folks COMPLAINING about winning have had me laughing man. You’d think we just had a struggle win against Georgia State or something.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Meh, to me he obviously looks very wobbly in that clip but I don’t really care too much so whatever. :lol: 

Go Dawgs! Man I’m so happy with this win. A lot to build on but you can see we are a legit contender. One game at a time.

All these folks COMPLAINING about winning have had me laughing man. You’d think we just had a struggle win against Georgia State or something.

again look at #20.. he was about to be the one who went down and then looked at the other player who was instructed to drop..  it's pretty clear to see..  it was clear communication was sent in from the sideline..  i don't get all of the whining after we won.. we beat a top 10 team.. our fans are getting spoiled well before we win any title. 

10 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Fromm did everything he needed to do to put us in a position to win that game. You can argue whether the defense let us down or whether Tua won that game. Same for Hurts/Bama and Watson/Clemson. 

The weird thing about this argument of game managers is neither you nor Bdawg are saying Fromm is a game manager. 

College football is cyclical. After the HUNH came into being Offense was on top. Saban brought back defensive dominance. Now it’s the RPO. Offensive football has been trending up for a while and I don’t think that’ll change with the rules and officials opening things up for offenses but defensive minded football isn’t dead. Clemson has a great offense last year but they don’t win without that sick front 4. 

Championships are won IMO with playmakers. Defenses don’t have to be dominant every play. You have to find guys that can force negative plays and turnovers. I think back to those Packers and Saints defenses in the mid 2000s that weren’t great but forced mistakes. That’s what it takes, IMO to win with defense these days. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

again look at #20.. he was about to be the one who went down and then looked at the other player who was instructed to drop..  it's pretty clear to see..  it was clear communication was sent in from the sideline..  i don't get all of the whining after we won.. we beat a top 10 team.. our fans are getting spoiled well before we win any title. 

I think the coaches probably saw the wobbly player 6 and were screaming for him to get down and 20 was in front of him so he thought they were talking to him. Like maybe 20 was willing to fake it lol but I think 6 was in a different dimension at the moment. I understand what you’re saying about 20 but I think the sideline was instructing 6 to get on the ground.