Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, of course I would have had a meltdown had they called that a penalty against Auburn. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything since they didn't call it a penalty against Georgia and I was only making a general observation.

Why would you have a meltdown if it was a good call?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had offensive linemen banged up, one leave the game and one play through it. We had a starting corner not even dress and the other one got hurt early and missed the rest of the game... the 6’6 TE t

This is pure Class.  Tip my hat to you ND  

a few nuggets:        

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Great win tonight!!!  Top 10 matchup at home.. Everyone was watching this game and we delivered the W!!!  We got a lot to clean up and we got time to do it.   Go Dawgs!!!

People dismiss ND because Clemson destroyed them in the playoff semifinals.  But Clemson also destroyed Bama.  So ND was a very solid team.  A very solid win.

That said, Kirby need to let his creative offensive coaches run the offense. We look like the 80’s Broncos.  

51 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Why would you have a meltdown if it was a good call?

Because they don't call pass interference on hail mary's ever. I don't know how many times I must say I was just making a general observation. Georgia won the game. Why are you acting like a jackass about me making a simple comment? Nowhere am I suggesting that Georgia won because they didn't call PI on them. I never said that or have even come close to that. I've actually said twice that I was glad Georgia won. I just don't understand what your deal is right now.

a few nuggets:

QB Carson Beck (Jacksonville, Fla./Mandarin):

"I am so fired up. The atmosphere is 2nd to none! Noah Sewell, Darnell Washington, Theo Johnson and I went into the locker room after the game to see the players celebrating a huge win!"

B)

Five-star LB Noah Sewell (Orem, Utah/Orem):

"I'll tell you one thing. It was UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE. Never witnessed anything like it."

5-star TE Darnell Washington (Las Vegas/Desert Pines):

"Atmosphere is crazy. Never seen anything like it. Same goes for the locker room after the game. The official visit is going great!"

My biggest concern is seeing Kirby getting outcoached when he had every advantage he could possibly have.

How many ND players would start for UGA? 2 or 3?

We had more talent, depth and homefield.  Our coaching and their  coaching kept ND in the game all night.

I see Kirby consistently coach just too stiff and tight.   Throwing short when ND was playing tight to LOS to help load the box.  It was just odd.  You make opposition defense back off by burning them over the top.  2nd half coaching was somewhat better other than kicking FG on 4th & 1.   At the vet least you try and make them jump offsides there.

One target to Pickens...One!

Overall just glad we won but Kirby still not a good in-game coach yet - especially on offense.

On that first ND injury where the guy was pushed down by his teammate, I really think it’s clear that it was legit. The guy was wobbling and was not going to get set or be effective as we were hurrying on offense. His teammate who pushed him down to the ground was watching him for a few seconds and ran to put him down. You can even see from the way the guy falls down and how he walks off the field he was seeing stars.

On the second one I’m not really sure what happened to him but they were attending to him for a little while.

Working night shift and rewatching some of the clips. Stood out to me much more so than it did during the game that the first one at least was not a fake injury.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

On that first ND injury where the guy was pushed down by his teammate, I really think it’s clear that it was legit. The guy was wobbling and was not going to get set or be effective as we were hurrying on offense. His teammate who pushed him down to the ground was watching him for a few seconds and ran to put him down. You can even see from the way the guy falls down and how he walks off the field he was seeing stars.

On the second one I’m not really sure what happened to him but they were attending to him for a little while.

Working night shift and rewatching some of the clips. Stood out to me much more so than it did during the game that the first one at least was not a fake injury.

The one where Fromm was getting everybody to the line and he brushed against the ND guy, and he went down like he was a soccer player, was mighty suspect

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

My biggest concern is seeing Kirby getting outcoached when he had every advantage he could possibly have.

We had more talent, depth and homefield.  Our coaching and their  coaching kept ND in the game all night.

I see Kirby consistently coach just too stiff and tight.   Throwing short when ND was playing tight to LOS to help load the box.  It was just odd.  You make opposition defense back off by burning them over the top.  2nd half coaching was somewhat better other than kicking FG on 4th & 1.   At the vet least you try and make them jump offsides there.

Overall just glad we won but Kirby still not a good in-game coach yet - especially on offense.

First. Great win for the Dawgs.  Second,  i have been thinking the same thing.  Kirby seems to be one step behind in big games and plays too tight. Georgia's depth and talent won the game.  Georgia has TWO plays in big games: a handoff to Swift and a back shoulder throw to a receiver.  They have to get better than that on offense.  

I called a blowout before the game because I thought Kirby was gonna take the training wheels off and let the offense loose. I was completely wrong. It’s really hard to get excited about this team when the offense is playing so passively. 

A lot of credit goes to ND for playing a great game but if we’re gonna play offense with one arm tied behind our back we’re not going to meet our expectations and this teams potential. Our idea of opening up the offense is running cute motions and passed behind the line of scrimmage. And it’s so frustrating because we see flashes of the offense looking totally dominant at times.

ND played a lot of 2 deep safety to take away the deep pass game. The 10-15 yard passing routes should have been there all night especially in the middle with the run game threat but we didn’t go there very often. 

Another thing I noticed is any time we get rushed on offense with the play clock running down we check into a play that is designed to go to the check down. ND saw it too and blanketed the back every time we let the play clock get down. I saw it happen at least 4 times in the game. 

Thats been our go-to for a couple years now and we need to find another target we can rely on in those situations. 

With all that said, I’m super stoked about the game. Great win when I felt like we didn’t have our best. I can’t imagine what that kind of close 4 quarter game and atmosphere did for the recruits. GO DAWGS!!!

The atmosphere and crowd for that game was just amazing.  SUPERBOWLS are not as exciting as what I saw last night. The look of the stadium at night on tv, it was just beautiful. I've been watching college football since 1976 and that was the most beautiful game I've ever seen. It was better than a Walt Disney produced movie.  The other networks had to be looking at that game with extreme jealousy.  The college football playoffs will not even approach that.

CBS also took note of how Georgia half filled Notre Dames Stadium a couple of years ago and that there were barely any Irish fans at the Georgia game.  Why is this important? Its important because you can say that Georgia fans are not used to big out of conference games like this.  But you know what? THATS what created the atmosphere for that game.  No other fanbase in the country does this. No other stadium in the country does this. If you have to create a encyclopedia on college football and need a picture, pick any one from last night...

Edited by slickgadawg
28 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Another thing I noticed is any time we get rushed on offense with the play clock running down we check into a play that is designed to go to the check down. ND saw it too and blanketed the back every time we let the play clock get down. I saw it happen at least 4 times in the game. 

Thats been our go-to for a couple years now and we need to find another target we can rely on in those situations. 

With all that said, I’m super stoked about the game. Great win when I felt like we didn’t have our best. I can’t imagine what that kind of close 4 quarter game and atmosphere did for the recruits. GO DAWGS!!!

If I'm a recruit with a commit to Bama or Clemson, I'm backing out and going to Georgia.  WHO wouldn't want to be a part of what I saw last night?

Edited by slickgadawg
5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Great post, G-dawg.   Kirby can certainly coach defense.  He also has few, if any, peers with regards to recruiting. With that said, it’s becoming clear that if we win a NC, it will be on the back of an elite defense and simply having more talented players.

I suspect Kirby has a vision for how his offense should be run, and that vision was perfect in 1980.    It is now antiquated.  Chaney & Coley seemingly call the exact same game, and the common denominator is Kirby.  The completions are all contested.  The throws are all difficult.  Why are we only successful throwing outside the numbers?  Can’t we attack the seams?  With our rushing attack, our PA should be lethal. And I like Herrien, but where were our other playmaking rb’s last night?

With all this talent, there should be more pitch & catch.  The first half passing attack was a complete joke.   5 ypc is pop warner bad.  And Kirby needs to hire an in-game assistant coach

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

And Kirby really needs to figure out WHEN TO CALL A TIMEOUT! 

24 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I don’t know what game you were watching but Fromm played great. Almost every throw was on the money and his decision making was on point. 

I watched the Vandy game and last night’s.  All of the games I’ve seen so far this year, he has looked like a game manager.  Game managers can throw screens and checkdowns on point, but I don’t think they can beat Dabo or Nick.

Maybe he will get better as the season goes on.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan