Carter

Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

1,127 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I wasn't saying we'd do it this year against Auburn just that's the kind of team we would. One we play every year and is actually decent.

A&M I was gonna say but we dont play them often, could see it though.

yeah, I see that as a perfect game to do it - that game might need a little more juice if A&M loses 2-3 more games before we play them - also, won't be crazy hot in November - A&M is no slouch team and UGA shouldn't take them lightly.   Maybe the black shirts is perfect for that game.

Ovie_Lover and sdogg like this

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Better win NO MATTER WHAT! 

Well that goes without saying lol. Losing at home in a special jersey that’s rarely been worn is extra embarrassing though.

Georgia gonna be seriously considered to be voted number one  by the voters after this beat down...

Edited by slickgadawg
sdogg likes this

21 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Georgia gonna be seriously considered to be voted number one  by the voters after this beat down...

Unless UGA wins by 70, they won't be ranked #1.

Sounds like Simmons is the only injured player that is likely to play.  Rusty and Jake don't seem so confident about Wilson, Campbell, or DRob.

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Sounds like Simmons is the only injured player that is likely to play.  Rusty and Jake don't seem so confident about Wilson, Campbell, or DRob.

Woof. Those are all tough losses. Really shows how important the depth on this team will be.

2 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Unless UGA wins by 70, they won't be ranked #1.

Heck, the media was pumping LSU after they beat Texas to be number one.   Georgia is gonna either be voted number one OR get some first place votes.   They definitely jumping over Alabama after this beat down...

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Ugh, I thought DRob and Wilson would be a go. 

I must say, impressed that all these GA fans are so confident.  I wish I felt that way about ANY Bama game!

No matter what year, what opponent, I always feel a little trepidation. We are playing Southern Mississippi tomorrow and I don't automatically give us a win like you guys are talking about playing ND. Wish I could have that feeling for games!

21 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Trying to figure out why the word “beatdown” must be used?

I’ll take a win and be happy 

my bad i didn't spell it right:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beatdown

Examples of beatdown in a Sentence

Recent Examples on the Web

At this year’s Pac-12 media day, Shaw brought up a scenario from the 2017 season, when USC went 11-2 and won the Pac-12 championship with its lone losses a nail-biter at Washington State and a beatdown at Notre Dame.
Edited by slickgadawg

4 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

I remember my first experience as a UGA student living on campus on game day at Reed Hall (right next to stadium).

Walk down the hall to head to showers in my towel.   Walk in and there are like 15 old men decked out in red & black from head to toe in there taking a leak.   I was like WTH is this?  GTFO of my bathroom.

AutumnEffect likes this

Same game....my roommate and I parked in lot next to Stadium - dorm lot.   We go to game - the one where we beat #1 ranked Clemson after being down 20-3 at halftime and come back to win like 26-23 on Butler’s 60yd FG.

Soooo excited!

Later after game we go to get our cars to go out and - lo and behold both of my and roommate’s cars are gone - towed!   

First introduction to boosters take over everything on game day.

Like see drob and Wilson Campbell too but developing depth against a good team will help us down the road if in fact we do win lol- ol, wr, cb.. just end up seeing more Blaylock and Stevenson which imo is a good thing 

21 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I must say, impressed that all these GA fans are so confident.  I wish I felt that way about ANY Bama game!

No matter what year, what opponent, I always feel a little trepidation. We are playing Southern Mississippi tomorrow and I don't automatically give us a win like you guys are talking about playing ND. Wish I could have that feeling for games!

If you’re worried about southern miss, I think you have bigger issues.  Saban could probably put in all 2nd string and still beat them by a comfortable margin.

4 hours ago, richham said:

If you’re worried about southern miss, I think you have bigger issues.  Saban could probably put in all 2nd string and still beat them by a comfortable margin.

Not worried, I said trepidation.  Anxious.

I was giving UGA fans a compliment,  why be negative?