Carter

Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

1,127 posts in this topic

The big difference is on a Hail Mary, everyone is playing the jump ball and the defensive guy has as much right to the area as the offensive guy. He backed into our guy and everyone is playing the ball. There was no PI, thus it wasn’t called. It’s like a pop fly and everyone is trying to catch it.

Edited by richham
frankly88 likes this

Just now, jeffro2000 said:

They survived. I expected it to be a lot closer than most. Hopefully UGA cleans up the mistakes, avoid any more injuries, get some guys back and make a run like the last 2 yrs.

Same  here.   I had a feelling all week with NOONE giving ND a chance that this was going to be a game.  I am ecstatic that we won. 

jeffro2000 and mike teevee like this

1 minute ago, richham said:

The big difference is on a Hail Mary, everyone is playing the jump ball and the defensive guy has as much right to the area as the offensive guy. He backed into our guy and everyone is playing the ball. There was no PI, thus it wasn’t called.

LOL!! Ok, I guess the Georgia guy having his hand inside the receiver's jersey and a hold of his shoulder pads isn't PI anymore? Not like it matters. But just making a general observation that officials never call Pi on hail mary's. Most of the time you really can't tell who's doing what to who because it's just a mass of bodies. But on that one you could actually clearly see the Georgia guy pull the receiver down by having his hand inside the jersey at the shoulder pad. But they decided not to call it. That's not me hating Georgia. That's me calling it objectively. But much like the Auburn/A&M game earlier, there were lots of non PI calls on both sides that could and probably should have been called.

BamaBirdLady likes this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Guys! We won! It’s ok to be a little happy about it! :lol: 

I’m happy we won, but we have a lot to work on.

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, richham said:

The big difference is on a Hail Mary, everyone is playing the jump ball and the defensive guy has as much right to the area as the offensive guy. He backed into our guy and everyone is playing the ball. There was no PI, thus it wasn’t called. It’s like a pop fly and everyone is trying to catch it.

He actually grabbed his jersey and pulled him back. But I ain't complaining about the no call. 

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! Ok, I guess the Georgia guy having his hand inside the receiver's jersey and a hold of his shoulder pads isn't PI anymore? Not like it matters. But just making a general observation that officials never call Pi on hail mary's. Most of the time you really can't tell who's doing what to who because it's just a mass of bodies. But on that one you could actually clearly see the Georgia guy pull the receiver down by having his hand inside the jersey at the shoulder pad. But they decided not to call it. That's not me hating Georgia. That's me calling it objectively. But much like the Auburn/A&M game earlier, there were lots of non PI calls on both sides that could and probably should have been called.

Oh I’m sorry I missed all those other objective times you complained about the Nd player doing the same thing.  

Just now, fuego said:

He actually grabbed his jersey and pulled him back. But I ain't complaining about the no call. 

He actually got his hand inside the jersey and pulled him down. But it doesn't matter. Like I said, it was just a general observation. Glad Georgia won. Like I said on the last page, the Auburn/Georgia matchup this year is shaping up to be another massive game with the national championship on the line.

Just now, richham said:

Oh I’m sorry I missed all those other objective times you complained about the Nd player doing the same thing.  

Did you read the entire post where I said the officials weren't calling stuff tonight on either side?

I have to give props to the ND football team.  They were physical and hungry.  They simply ran out of gas and our depth won out.

With that said, I’m not impressed with our offensive philosophy.  Kirby needs to stick to defense and let his OC get creative.

mqg96 likes this

The first few games showed there were a lot of things we needed to work on, and that we were, at a lot of positions, and in a lot of ways, a very young team, that had some "growing up" to do. 

Thusly, there was warranted concern over whether we were ready for such a top matchup this soon. 

I think more than anything, we simply out talented them the more the game went on, though of course there was more too it than that. We won though, and now we get an off week, followed by 3 VERY winnable games, with only the weakest being an away game, followed by another week off before finishing off the toughest stretch of our schedule.

Great win tonight!!!  Top 10 matchup at home.. Everyone was watching this game and we delivered the W!!!  We got a lot to clean up and we got time to do it.   Go Dawgs!!!

7 minutes ago, richham said:

I’m happy we won, but we have a lot to work on.

Well yeah, of course! It’s September. We just won a top 10 matchup, had to come from behind in the 2nd half. A lot of good coachable moments to take from this one, but it’s a big big win and we are still the only SEC team Notre Dame has never beaten. :D

A lot to improve on, I agree. Nothing that’s going to keep me from enjoying this win though. ^_^

95Dawg, mike teevee and TheTrue7 like this

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He actually got his hand inside the jersey and pulled him down. But it doesn't matter. Like I said, it was just a general observation. Glad Georgia won. Like I said on the last page, the Auburn/Georgia matchup this year is shaping up to be another massive game with the national championship on the line.

Don’t act like you wouldn’t have had a meltdown if your team had been flagged for that penalty. 

36 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not unlike what ND DB's did three times inside the end zone.  

Yeah the Auburn/Georgia matchup will have a big impact on Georgia's championship aspirations. 

Edited by frankly88

39 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Don’t act like you wouldn’t have had a meltdown if your team had been flagged for that penalty. 

Yes, of course I would have had a meltdown had they called that a penalty against Auburn. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything since they didn't call it a penalty against Georgia and I was only making a general observation.