Carter

Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

1,127 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I hope you are right..  I always get this uneasy feeling when I am this confident on a game.. LOL  

Fah real.  Same.   Notre Dame’s path to victory is very narrow.  Dawgs turn the ball over three times, unable to pressure Ian Book and he plays out of his mind.

If UGA plays relatively clean without a ton of mistakes we should win by 2-3 TDs.

31 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I hope you are right..  I always get this uneasy feeling when I am this confident on a game.. LOL  

I understand but these are different times. 

4 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Like Stevenson best of all our cover cbs  love to see him never come off the field 

I thought he played really well on Saturday.

All I have to say is in 2 games ND has given up almost 450 rushing yds, which is our bread and butter.  Play action is going to be deadly.  This game is really simple for me.  OLine needs to come out swinging, control the line of scrimmage and our defense just needs to play fast and physical.  Oh and no stupid penalties.

95Dawg and sdogg like this

3 minutes ago, richham said:

All I have to say is in 2 games ND has given up almost 450 rushing yds, which is our bread and butter.  Play action is going to be deadly.  This game is really simple for me.  OLine needs to come out swinging, control the line of scrimmage and our defense just needs to play fast and physical.  Oh and no stupid penalties.

read somewhere that ND has decent secondary.   Gotta believe the ND gameplan is likely to commit 8 men in the box and make Kirby go away from what he likes - or - not and hope they can stop us running w/ the loaded box.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

read somewhere that ND has decent secondary.   Gotta believe the ND gameplan is likely to commit 8 men in the box and make Kirby go away from what he likes - or - not and hope they can stop us running w/ the loaded box.

They are upperclassmen heavy in the secondary. LB and interior DL is their weakest spot. I look for the RB's and TE's to have a big day.

sdogg and g-dawg like this

Anything can happen, it could be a slugfest. However the ND I watched play Louisville couldn't stop the run. They couldn't handle the speed of Louisville on the outside. If their runner got to the edge it was over. That was Louisville RB's without the help of a legit QB. ND better have a plan for that or it's going to get wild between the hedges.

sdogg and 95Dawg like this

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

The story of every UGA fan alive during the Richt days... I’m nervous too lol

I am more old school going back to the dooley days.  lol  i will never forget that pittsburgh loss, penn state loss in big bowl games, and clemson loss in 1982.. :) 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am more old school going back to the dooley days.  lol  i will never forget that pittsburgh loss, penn state loss in big bowl games, and clemson loss in 1982.. :) 

Yeah definitely don’t remember the Dooley days well, I was born in 83. There were many big games under Goff and Donnan lol

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If they commit to 8 in the box we will have a great day in offense imo

sdogg, Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

This game reminds me of miss st coming into Athens a few years ago. People were worried but the team was laser focused.  I think ND is walking into a buzzsaw. If they load the box to stop the run Fromm will burn them, if they don't load the box we will average 8 yds a carry again.  Kirby has this team deep, focused and most of all, hungry. I think uga makes a statement to college football on Saturday night.

sdogg likes this

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

The story of every UGA fan alive during the Richt days... I’m nervous too lol

Please. Richt is long gone. Jesus. Get used to winning and blowing teams out. That’s the new normal.  Notre Dame doesn’t have a chance. They’ll get destroyed Saturday night. UGA will be ready and physically superior. That’s that. Get used to winning, easily too.  Get over your PTSD. This is not those days.  Those days are over. They are. 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:10 PM, Guest said:

While you guys talking about going to the game I live here, and have to deal with traffic coming from work.:bang:

Someone got banned lol

5 hours ago, Carter said:

Someone got banned lol

Jus for curiosity, what does one do to get banned? 

I have never gone to a game without a ticket and not been able to find one (usually for around face value or a little more).   The most I have ever paid was in South Bend $300. Not sure if I'm coming this weekend or not to try and get one.   I believe there will be some available close to kickoff for a decent price though as some of these folks trying to get $600-$700 per ticket may be still holding them at that time.