Carter

Notre Dame vs Georgia Thread

1,127 posts in this topic

Did y’all know UGA is the only SEC team with a winning record against Notre Dame? One of only a handful in the country with a winning record against them. And one of only 2 teams in the entire country that has never lost to the Irish with 2 or more meetings.

Could make that an AFLAC trivia question. No one will ever guess the other team though... it’s Oregon State.

I think the Dawgs win this one big.

We are 14 point favorites according to Vegas. 

I feel good about our run game success going into this one. In their first games against Louisville and New Mexico they gave up on average 235 yards rushing per game and 5.1 yards per carry. 

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

Did y’all know UGA is the only SEC team with a winning record against Notre Dame? One of only a handful in the country with a winning record against them. And one of only 2 teams in the entire country that has never lost to the Irish with 2 or more meetings.

Could make that an AFLAC trivia question. No one will ever guess the other team though... it’s Oregon State.

They'll win, but I think it will be a fight. Neither team has really been tested yet. 

Vandy for UGA and Louisville for ND is the best they've done so far. I'll go into this with lowered expectations. 

Granted if UGA demolishes them I believe it will be LSU vs UGA in Atlanta. 

35 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

They'll win, but I think it will be a fight. Neither team has really been tested yet. 

Vandy for UGA and Louisville for ND is the best they've done so far. I'll go into this with lowered expectations. 

If it’s too much of a fight it won’t bode well for year end.  UGA should beat ND by three TDs at home.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If it’s too much of a fight it won’t bode well for year end.  UGA should beat ND by three TDs at home.

Well it might help it did back in 2017 cause it turned out ND was no fluke. Hopefully it helps this year as well.

56 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I find hilarious this new narrative that LSU is going to overtake Bama in the west. How quick some seem to forget last year's score in their game, much less the recent history. And while we're at it, **** that! I want to go through both Bama and Clemson on the way to our hard earned and well deserved championship. 

29 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I find hilarious this new narrative that LSU is going to overtake Bama in the west. How quick some seem to forget last year's score in their game, much less the recent history. And while we're at it, **** that! I want to go through both Bama and Clemson on the way to our hard earned and well deserved championship. 

I don't trust Tua that's the issue I have with Alabama. 

15 hours ago, mike teevee said:

We are 14 point favorites according to Vegas. 

I feel good about our run game success going into this one. In their first games against Louisville and New Mexico they gave up on average 235 yards rushing per game and 5.1 yards per carry. 

I figured the line was huge.  I would put them as a 17 point favorite.  They SHOULD bounce ahead of BOTH  bama and Clemson in the poll but most likely bounce ahead of only bama...

15 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

I'm interested to hear the status of Wilson for this game

And D Rob and Simmons.  Could use D Rob's speed and Simmons blocking.

18 hours ago, Carter said:

That is an interesting fact. I have one too. Did y'all know that Notre Dame was the only school that Bear Bryant never beat! That is why the NCG in Miami was so much fun, watching them tuck their tails and walk away.

I think GA will win,no doubt. GA is just a much better coached team, better talent, and much deeper talent. This Bama fan is all Dawgs during this game!

RedandBlack4Life! likes this

16 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

neither do i..  tua's numbers against high ranked defenses is pretty poor.  however i don't trust lsu either because they are not running the ball at all.. throwing all of the time works against lower tier teams, but when you face better defenses that is a big struggle. 

23 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

That's okay, Bama fans and more importantly Coach Saban trust Tua.

23 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

My only concern so far is pass coverage, think we are way above avg just about everywhere else, but be curious to see how we do against a real team good receivers and qb 

i don't feel the same way.. yeah we will give up some yards and points this weekend, but i think our secondary is pretty dang good at defending the pass.  i don't worry with our rotation or the talent.  what concerns me is can we get pressure on the qb and shorten the passing windows?  i don't care how good your secondary is, if the qb has time to throw he will find guys open.  the key as it is in any game is to make the qb uncomfortable.  we do that and we will have a heck of a win. 

33 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That's okay, Bama fans and more importantly Coach Saban trust Tua.

You can trust him, but last year proved a lot to me hopefully you have a hurts lined up behind him at QB. 

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't feel the same way.. yeah we will give up some yards and points this weekend, but i think our secondary is pretty dang good at defending the pass.  i don't worry with our rotation or the talent.  what concerns me is can we get pressure on the qb and shorten the passing windows?  i don't care how good your secondary is, if the qb has time to throw he will find guys open.  the key as it is in any game is to make the qb uncomfortable.  we do that and we will have a heck of a win. 

As deep as we are at LB, we should be looking like Dawn of the Dead runners jetting into that backfield. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm very excited to see this defense turned loose.

13 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

You can trust him, but last year proved a lot to me hopefully you have a hurts lined up behind him at QB. 

You worry about your team. Why are GA fans so obsessed with Bama?

On 9/15/2019 at 5:14 PM, Zone#7 said:

Tua caught Georgia by surprise when they prepared for the running quarterback ( hurts) in the title game.  Once they prepared for Tua as a passer they have shut him down.  Teams have seen enough tape on him now to know that you WANT him to be a runner...

SacFalcFan likes this

44 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You worry about your team. Why are GA fans so obsessed with Bama?

Maybe its because you are on a Falcon/Georgia board?

tdub0199 likes this