Monoxide

*** Official Eagles Vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

3,465 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, EddieK said:

Now I can watch NFL Network in peace for a week

Not like they’ll talk about us tho .. we rarely get coverage they’ll prob talk more about the eagles losing than us winning 

roguebeaver likes this

2 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

He’s running out of leg. He’ll be automatic inside of 50. I think he’ll struggle from 50+

He just shanked that second kick.

Field position hurt the falcons all game long. Wonder if Tavecchio can punt?

Schwarzwald likes this

7 minutes ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

Game was given to us due to injuries and 1 turnover by eagles.

When the Falcons get beat by the Colts next week don’t get mad at me for saying I told you so.

plain and simple we are 8-8 team who just. Squeaked our an ugly ugly win.

It may be true I have no idea yet but I hate to say it 8-8  might win the division cam seems done I still don't trust Winston and who knows what's going on with Breeze he stayed in LA to get his hand looked at

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

New line.

They have faces ELITE DL’s these first 2 weeks.

McGary coming back from the knee injury was HUGE. He may be eased back to 100%, but they gotta build off what needs correcting and take the positives.

Matt hasn’t had INT problems since like 2015. Eagles were pressuring all game. Blitzing at that. We were not running the ball. Matt forced a couple and had 2 bad INTs and one off a receivers hands and the Deep shot INT that was a bad throw flat footed.

We got the right check vs Cover-0 FINALLY on 4th and 3. A quicker outlet pass instead of just trying to chunk it before blitz hits.

Yeah for sure. The play to hooper where he was picked off shocked me because stocker was right in front of him. Online let up 1 sack. Swartz is a good d coordinator. Dialed up some great looks but we will definitely continue to improve. Big fan of Mcgary too

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Nobody is gonna be completely open. You still have to make those plays. Even on the double coverage to Ridley in the end zone, he would have made the catch. Matt did what he was supposed to do in those situations. Results were not in our favor. I'm happy we were able to take those shots. 

No the ball shouldn’t have been thrown into double cover to Calvin. Those are the types of decisions that get you beat.

Cover-0 is the easiest blitz in football to see. Tim F’ng Tebow beat cover 0. Throwing the ball up for grabs is not what a QB of Matt’s caliber does. You get the ball quick into our best athletes’ hands and let them be football players... like what he did on 4th and 3 when we had to have it.

Thats what supposed to happen when you throw a cover-0 at an NFL offense which is the reason why it’s also the most rarely used blitz.

Ryan almost gave the game away with forcing throws in double coverage. We have so many other variables that can cost us games, we dont need Ryan adding to this with interceptions. We should have had at least 17 more points. Im glad we won against a tough Eagles team that always give us ****. Even though half their team was hurt. Saints lost and Falcons won. A good week!!!

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ryan did give them those INTs and Bryant missed a FG badly. A rare sight on both accounts.

When was the last time Ryan threw multiple picks in back to back games?

Not often. Both teams had there share of mistakes. There was some good defense in there. 

Schwarzwald and PokerSteve like this

4 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Nobody is gonna be completely open. You still have to make those plays. Even on the double coverage to Ridley in the end zone, he would have made the catch. Matt did what he was supposed to do in those situations. Results were not in our favor. I'm happy we were able to take those shots. 

Honestly the throw to Ridley was his best throw of the night IMO

It was double coverage but only one guy had a chance at it....Ridley.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Particularly the front 7.

They beat up on a good Oline...both on the edge and up the middle...if seemed like everyone of our Dlinemen had their named called making plays

Yep. Soon they’ll finish the tackle on the QB or at least attack the ball for strip fumbles. 

Schwarzwald likes this

14 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

That last catch to Agholor shouldn't have happen. Coaching needs to fix these kinds of things. 

FULL CREDIT TO DEFENSE TONIGHT THOUGH!!!

That or Agholor running free for a TD had he not dropped it. Not sure what was worse :ninja:

Point taken. Defense bailed out our turnovers. We got 2 INTs from Tru of all guys. Takk and Vic got good pressure vs the vaunted Eagles OL. The forced fumble by Sheffield. Those things are needed in team wins.

4 minutes ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

It’s football man, don’t take it to seriously. 

I don’t believe in TD and Quinn anymore and want them gone. 

I will enjoy watching the game win or lose cause either we going to the playoffs or Quinn and Co getting fired. Either way I’m happy 

and you’re making some pretty serious accusations there, show me proof of me trying to sell someone fake tickets. @JD dirtybird21 I need you to address this slander on my name 

You have a short memory if you dont remember offer tickets at the 50 yesterday for 20.00

5 minutes ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

It’s football man, don’t take it to seriously. 

I don’t believe in TD and Quinn anymore and want them gone. 

I will enjoy watching the game win or lose cause either we going to the playoffs or Quinn and Co getting fired. Either way I’m happy 

and you’re making some pretty serious accusations there, show me proof of me trying to sell someone fake tickets. @JD dirtybird21 I need you to address this slander on my name 

I'm done with you, ill just block you. I dont waste my time on scrubs like you. Peace out

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No the ball shouldn’t have been thrown into double cover to Calvin. Those are the types of decisions that get you beat.

Cover-0 is the easiest blitz in football to see. Tim F’ng Tebow beat cover 0. Throwing the ball up for grabs is not what a QB of Matt’s caliber does. You get the ball quick into our best athletes’ hands and let them be football players... like what he did on 4th and 3 when we had to have it.

Thats what supposed to happen when you throw a cover-0 at an NFL offense which is the reason why it’s also the most rarely used blitz.

E.g., TD to JJ to win the game. Proof!!!!

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

The decision was not the best....but it was a great throw.

It is annoying but that is what you get with great QBS....sometimes they trust their guys too much

falcons357 likes this

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

I kinda feel like we should’ve blown them out.  That got way too uncomfortable for my old ***.

In a close game that we should have been up by 24 or so.

Mescalito likes this

Just now, coastiemike said:

Bwahahaha still ******* stupid for believing in karma.  Dumb ****.

Go be a scumbag falcon fan and celebrate a player's injury. 

Schwarzwald likes this