DirtyBird7000k

Greatest Falcon of All time???

203 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Not even close to true. Coaches feared Vick.  They don't fear Cam.

Defenses are definitely more fit to stop a running quarterback these days, but yeah, as of now, Vick definitely looks like he’s going to go down as the better quarterback. Although Cam was a beast his MVP season. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not near like they had to with Vick.

19 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Not even close to true. Coaches feared Vick.  They don't fear Cam.

Saying DCs don't fear Can is not true.

7 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

Defenses are definitely more fit to stop a running quarterback these days, but yeah, as of now, Vick definitely looks like he’s going to go down as the better quarterback. Although Cam was a beast his MVP season. 

Teams only feared Vick as a runner. Look at how the Bucs play Vick back in the Gruden days. They limited him running and forced him to try and beat them with his passing.

Cam is feared more as a duel threat QB. Cam also has a much better work ethic than Vick ever had.

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

But Deion is inducted in the HOF as a Falcon. What does that mean? Got to mean something...

He just chose the Falcons, only means that he probably feels bad for us.   If anyone thinks of Deion Sanders, the Falcons aren't the first thing that comes to mind.

Its doubtful he makes the HOF if not for his time at the 49ers and Cowboys.  He and Charles Haley were the deciding balance of power players during those years.  

10 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

He just chose the Falcons, only means that he probably feels bad for us.   If anyone thinks of Deion Sanders, the Falcons aren't the first thing that comes to mind.

Its doubtful he makes the HOF if not for his time at the 49ers and Cowboys.  He and Charles Haley were the deciding balance of power players during those years.  

At least somebody feels for us. But it depends on who you ask when it comes down to what team come to mind.

JeffAtl likes this

On 9/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Again man, you’re speaking to value, not greatness. I don’t disagree that Ryan is easily the best thing to ever happen to the franchise. He’s easily the most valuable player this franchise has ever had. But he’s not better at what he does than Julio or Deion. Both Julio and Deion are top 100 all time players. Ryan is not. To me, Julio is the greatest player to play for the falcons. 

Well its subjective if you think the greatest falcon ever is the most valuable or most physically gifted. 

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Saying DCs don't fear Can is not true.

Teams only feared Vick as a runner. Look at how the Bucs play Vick back in the Gruden days. They limited him running and forced him to try and beat them with his passing.

Cam is feared more as a duel threat QB. Cam also has a much better work ethic than Vick ever had.

LOL...Bucs also had a Top 10-15 Defense of all-time. 

I’m not a Cam hater, teams do need to plan for his unique skills.....but nothing like they had to with Vick. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL...Bucs also had a Top 10 Defense of all-time. 

I’m not a Cam hater, teams do need to plan for his unique skills.....but nothing like they had to with Vick. 

Plenty of teams started to figure out how to play Vick, not just Bucs.

Vick never evolved his game as a Falcon and teams were able to start capitalizing on it. Vick would still have big runs, those didn't equal to wins most of his seasons here outside of 2002 and 2004.

We would be having a different talk if Vick had taken his career seriously when he should have, not when it was too late.

Cam is a more dangerous passer than Vick was. Cam has more passing TDs right now than Vick has had his entire career. Same with passing yards.

Cam also already has more rushing TDs(58) than Vick(36) had in his entire career. Vick only has more rushing yards.

Vick has never won an MVP or been a 1st team All-Pro or an All-Pro in general.

Cam is better than Vick ever was.

20 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Plenty of teams started to figure out how to play Vick, not just Bucs.

Vick never evolved his game as a Falcon and teams were able to start capitalizing on it. Vick would still have big runs, those didn't equal to wins most of his seasons here outside of 2002 and 2004.

We would be having a different talk if Vick had taken his career seriously when he should have, not when it was too late.

Cam is a more dangerous passer than Vick was. Cam has more passing TDs right now than Vick has had his entire career. Same with passing yards.

Cam also already has more rushing TDs(58) than Vick(36) had in his entire career. Vick only has more rushing yards.

Vick has never won an MVP or been a 1st team All-Pro or an All-Pro in general.

Cam is better than Vick ever was.

Nobody argued that Vick was a ‘better’ QB than Cam. The discussion was who was more dangerous and required more planning for defenses to defend. 

And yes, teams started figuring MV out toward the end of his time in ATL and now we all know why.

But he showed a glimpse of what he could have been here during that 1 1/2 year period in philly when he evolved as a passer. He was even more dangerous than Cam is when he figured that part out. 

And for whatever it’s worth, Matt Ryan is a much better QB than either. :ninja:

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nobody argued that Vick was a ‘better’ QB than Cam. The discussion was who was more dangerous and required more planning for defenses to defend. 

And yes, teams started figuring MV out toward the end of his time in ATL and now we all know why.

But he showed a glimpse of what he could have been here during that 1 1/2 year period in philly when he evolved as a passer. He was even more dangerous than Cam is when he figured that part out. 

And for whatever it’s worth, Matt Ryan is a much better QB than either. :ninja:

Vick was only more dangerous as a fast elusive runner.

Cam was more dangerous as a passer and his speed for his size(although not faster than Vick) is still the most dangerous part of Cam's game.

Cam is more dangerous than Vick because Vick was also more one dimensional than Cam is. Cam as a duel threat makes him more dangerous than Vick.

12 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Vick was only more dangerous as a fast elusive runner.

Cam was more dangerous as a passer and his speed for his size(although not faster than Vick) is still the most dangerous part of Cam's game.

Cam is more dangerous than Vick because Vick was also more one dimensional than Cam is. Cam as a duel threat makes him more dangerous than Vick.

Cam had that one magic season in 2015, but Both QBs were/are more what-could-have-beens in my book. But in those early days whenever Vick came onto field, most DC’s got lumps in their throats. 

And again, check out Vick’s time in philly...,he was much more than just a runner under Andy Reid until  injuries caught up with him. 

3 hours ago, E. T. said:

At least somebody feels for us. But it depends on who you ask when it comes down to what team come to mind.

Was on a Cowboys board the other day and Sanders came up.  A few of the posters were surprised that he ever played for Falcons.  Most thought he came straight from the 49ers.

Unfortunately, the Falcons didn't get a lot of prime time games during Sanders' time with the Falcons.  Most of the highlights I remember see on national sows during that time (other than the punt returns) was Sanders getting beat by Jerry Rice.

It's a shame that the Falcons were considered such a backwater franchise for so long.  

Edited by JeffAtl

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Cam had that one magic season in 2015, but Both QBs were/are more what-could-have-beens in my book. 

And again, check out Vick’s time in philly...,he was much more than just a runner under Andy Reid until  injuries caught up with him. 

Vick had one good season(2010) in Philly, and it wasn't nearly as good as Cam's MVP 1st team All-Pro season.

Most of Cam's seasons are better than most of Vick's seasons.

48 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Vick had one good season(2010) in Philly, and it wasn't nearly as good as Cam's MVP 1st team All-Pro season.

Most of Cam's seasons are better than most of Vick's seasons.

As a passer, yeah, although neither QB stuck fear in DCs as passers. But not as a more dangerous player he hasn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

As a thrower, yeah. But not as a more dangerous player he hasn’t. 

Cam's as a thrower along with his ability as a runner makes him more dangerous than Vick.

Cam has better duel threat ability, which make him more dangerous than Vick because DCs have to worry and account for that in a huge way.

Cam can run all on you as well, he isn't slow. He's just not all world speed like Vick was. Cam has enough speed to take it to the house as well.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:56 PM, caponine said:

Nope, let's be real if julio was available in the 2008 draft class and they drafted him. He still wouldn't do what Ryan has done for this organization. 

Matt Ryan came in when the organization was in shambles. Most people remember the Vick/Petrino saga of 2007. It was almost a weekly gut-punch. I thought it would take almost a full decade of "suck" to recover. 

The next year, with Ryan at the helm, we went 11-5. There isn't a year he's been the starter that I don't think we aren't capable of competing for a Super Bowl. 

The team that needed a QB, and didn't draft him (Miami), is still recovering from that mistake - and is likely in the throws of what will likely be their worst campaign in franchise history. Just google "Miami Dolphins Matt Ryan," and you can see articles from both the local and national news rags detailing the damage of not selecting Ryan that draft. 

I love Julio. Heck, even had several classes with him at Alabama. Outside of Deion, he's likely the only "slam dunk" Hall of Famer in the past 3 decades for this franchise. But without Ryan, I'd imagine Julio's career isn't as much of a HOF slam dunk as he is now. 

caponine likes this

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Cam's as a thrower along with his ability as a runner makes him more dangerous than Vick.

Cam has better duel threat ability, which make him more dangerous than Vick because DCs have to worry and account for that in a huge way.

Cam can run all on you as well, he isn't slow. He's just not all world speed like Vick was. Cam has enough speed to take it to the house as well.

Naw man, I know you don’t like him, but cam nor any other QB could do what Vick could do. And again, plays like these are what kept DC’s up at night. 

VTCrunkler likes this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Naw man, I know you don’t like him, but no QB could do what Vick could do. And again, plays like these are what kept DC’s up at night. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dl97ED3nwiI

How I don't like Vick?

I had an away Vick jersey lol

Just because I don't agree that Vick was more dangerous than Cam?

A healthy Cam keeps DCs up as well. Saying otherwise is just false. Vick was exciting, but he wasn't more dangerous than Cam has been overall.

19 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

How I don't like Vick?

I had an away Vick jersey lol

Just because I don't agree that Vick was more dangerous than Cam?

A healthy Cam keeps DCs up as well. Saying otherwise is just false. Vick was exciting, but he wasn't more dangerous than Cam has been overall.

That’s not saying much. Who didn’t have a Vick jersey back then, until...

And I think saying cam was as dangerous  or worried DCs as much as Vick did  is false. 

But whatever. Agree to disagree. 

Just now, Vandy said:

That’s not saying much. Who didn’t have a Vick jersey back then, until...

But whatever. Agree to disagree. 

Then why would I spend my hard earned money on a player that I didn't like?

That logic seems off man.

I still like Vick. I'm just not agreeing that he was more dangerous than Cam.

Then why would I spend my hard earned money on a player that I didn't like?

That logic seems off man.

I still like Vick. I'm just not agreeing that he was more dangerous than Cam.

LOL....come on man. Because everybody bought a Vick jersey back then whether they could afford it or not until the dog thingy came out. 

If you say you still like Vick, that’s cool. That’s wasn’t my point anyway. We just disagree as to who was the more dangerous player. 

Just now, Vandy said:

LOL....come on man. Because everybody bought a Vick jersey whether they could afford it or not until the dog thingy came out. 

If you say you still like Vick, that’s cool. That’s wasn’t my point anyway. We just disagree as to who was the more dangerous player. 

Like I said, why would I pay money on an expensive jersey if I didn't like the player?

Have you ever thought that people who bought jerseys of Vick were fans of Vick? I knew plenty of Vick fans who weren't Falcon fans.

With that said, agree to disagree.

Like I said, why would I pay money on an expensive jersey if I didn't like the player?

Have you ever thought that people who bought jerseys of Vick were fans of Vick? I knew plenty of Vick fans who weren't Falcon fans.

With that said, agree to disagree.

Now you’re just being silly. 

My point is many fans who bought MV jerseys back when he was the most popular athlete in sports are no longer fans of him after the dog killings came out. Which is understandable. If you say that’s not true of you, okay, but the fact you keep making a big deal out of it is kinda funny. 

And yes, like I said several posts ago, agree to disagree. 

Cam at his best was MVP of the NFL and his team won 15 games and made it to the superbowl. To say DCs weren't worried about Cam as much as Vick is kind of ridiculous. Now, to say that Vick did some things that Cam could never do and provided DCs with a completely unique set of problems is also true. 

JeffAtl and DawnOfThemBirds like this