DirtyBird7000k

Greatest Falcon of All time???

203 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ugh no. Julio might end up as one of the best in receiving yards, but unless he gets on his horse, he will probably not even scratch the top 20 receiving TD list. He's currently ranked 113th. What's more important? Yards or TDs? I know. Yards right? :rolleyes: Well he's only 39th in receiving yards. Ornamental.

Lol

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Nobis is my favorite player ever, and I can't even consider a someone that played for 4 different teams as my favorite Falcon. At his position Deion Sanders was 2nd only to **** 'Night Train' Lane. 14 picks in the era of a 12 game season still the record. Humphrey or Bartkowski my #2. Julio could replace #2 if he can go 18 seasons, become the all time receiving leader, and get a ring or two :-)

15 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depends on how long you’ve been alive and watching football. Us younger guys are gonna go with Julio and Matt cause that’s who we actually know and watched. The older guys will say Deion, Tuggle, etc. there’s no true answer

The older you get, the less relevant your heroes ~ and your opinions ~ become. :lol:

FA91 likes this

16 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Jessie Tuggle 1800 tackles in 13 years 5 time pro bowler league leader in tackles 4 times on some horrible defenses. 6 defensive TD (what?) 21 sacks

Drop mic...

Pick the mic back up because I can beat that with Claude Humphrey. 

Humphrey was first team All-Pro 5 times. and 2nd team 3x.  (Pro Bowls are a lot less prestigious that All Pro)

Also, Humphrey is the Falcons' only true HOFer.

Vandy and falcons007 like this

1 hour ago, falconfansince1968 said:

tossup between NOBIS and Sanders honorable mention to Claude Humphrey!

That was my first thought. Both were arguably Top 3 all time at their positions. Prime may be #1.

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ugh no. Julio might end up as one of the best in receiving yards, but unless he gets on his horse, he will probably not even scratch the top 20 receiving TD list. He's currently ranked 113th. What's more important? Yards or TDs? I know. Yards right? :rolleyes: Well he's only 39th in receiving yards. Ornamental.

Come on man, you’re better than that. Much like a baseball pitcher for wins, TDs are a team stat.

I know you know that. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol

I know, right? I mean, with an average Julio season this year he moves all the way up from 39th to Top 25.

He’s rapidly ascending up that list. Barring major injury, he’ll be Top 5 by the time he hangs them up.

27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I know, right? I mean, with an average Julio season this year he moves all the way up from 39th to Top 25.

He’s rapidly ascending up that list. Barring major injury, he’ll be Top 5 by the time he hangs them up.

I stopped taking him seriously about 5 years ago. He’s comic relief in this place. Can’t argue with a guy who leans on hindsight and twists everything to fit his agenda. Hence the TD thing against Julio. He’s only saying that so he can bash on TD for the Julio trade 

Vandy likes this

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I stopped taking him seriously about 5 years ago. He’s comic relief in this place. Can’t argue with a guy who leans on hindsight and twists everything to fit his agenda. Hence the TD thing against Julio. He’s only saying that so he can bash on TD for the Julio trade 

FF70 is one of my favorites in here, and yes comic relief is part of that, as well as being one of more knowledgeable posters in here (when you get past some of his ridiculousness such as shiny-hood Julio)

Plus how can anyone hate on any rabid falcon fan?

Edited by Vandy

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

FF70 is one of my favorites in here, and yes comic relief is part of that, as well as being one of more knowledgeable posters in here (when you get past some of his ridiculousness such as shiny-hood Julio)

Plus how can you hate on any rabid falcon fan?

I didn’t use the word hate. Just said I don’t take him seriously 

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I didn’t use the word hate. Just said I don’t take him seriously 

I didn’t mean to insinuate you did. Cleaned it up in my edit.

But a lot of posters in here live to bash the guy, which says more about them than it does him. But I digress....

Bottom line, I respect any long-time fan of this team who keeps coming back for more after near 40 years ((1970) of mostly heartbreak. 

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I didn’t mean to insinuate you did.

But a lot of posters in here live to bash the guy. I respect any long-time fan of this team who keeps coming back for more after near 40 years ((1970) of mostly heartbreak. 

Oh yea, he’s no troll. He loves this team. His judgement is just so compromised from years of hurt. Lol

Vandy and Boise Falcon Fan like this

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oh yea, he’s no troll. He loves this team. His judgement is just so compromised from years of hurt. Lol

Can’t blame him sometimes. :ninja:

But deep down, I think 70 gets a lot of perverse pleasure owning real estate (not saying you are one of them!) in quite a few TAFTer’s little head’s. Nobody can make a select few posters head’s come spinning completely off like our boy can. :) That’s where I see the comic relief.

Matt Ryan is the Greatest Falcon of all time. He got drafted right after the Michael Vick turmoil and immediately turned around the Falcons fortunes, and he did it without Julio. Matt Ryan is by far the best QB the Falcon organization has ever had. Matt Ryan is the only Falcon to win the MVP. Matt Ryan was at the helm when the Falcons finally had a back-to-back winning season, and back to back playoff births. Matt Ryan made the Falcons relevant through consistent play, and not with the hype machine that Vick rode to fame. It's not even debatable.

Edited by 4dabirds
Peyton and QtrRicanBird like this

Greatest Falcon of all time is I can narrow it down to Deion Sanders, but ahead of him is the Great Michael Vick!

Just now, slicksanders said:

Greatest Falcon of all time is I can narrow it down to Deion Sanders, but ahead of him is the Great Michael Vick!

How, oh how, is Vick the greatest Falcon of all time?

i have a bunch of favorites but i think my all time favorite has to be jessie tuggle.  he really had a passion to win.  always seemed like he really cared.  he was always on those underdog falcons teams that just couldn't quite get over the hump.  but i loved the way he brought it!  some of my favorite memories were the hits he put on steve young, randall cunningham and several other running backs--tuggle was my favorite player and my favorite team of all time were obviously those two super bowl teams--but that '91 falcons team was so much fun to watch!

22 hours ago, slicksanders said:

Funniest thing I've ever heard.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, Falcanuck said:

Yeah when all is said and done the Falcons will have two lifetime HOFers in Ryan and Julio. Ryan is easily the most important player in franchise history and Julio is definitely the best if position weren’t accounted for. Julio will be regarded as one of the GOATs. Ryan will be regarded as a very good QB. 

Easily the best isn't exactly true.  Love Julio, but no one was better then Neon. He is top 4 or 5 best NFL players ever IMHO.  Athletically maybe the best ever.