DirtyBird7000k

Greatest Falcon of All time???

203 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

He isn't the freak that Julio is, but I think Ridley could best him in the end if he continues to progress skill and technique wise in his route running and hands.

No he won’t. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

The question will never have a true answer..

Probably should have been ..Whos your favorite Falcon of all time..or top 5

Julio

Matt

Andrews

Roddy

nobis 

Honorable mention Humphrey & Tuggle

can’t put Neion Deion in Top 5, he left us too soon to go make his coin with other teams. 

 

Dirtier Bird and RING OF HONOR like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No he won’t. 

 

Why not?

 

It's possible if Ridley masters his technique and skills.

 

There are plenty of WRs currently ahead of Julio on many of the all-time receiving record lists who were nowhere near the athletic and physical freak that Julio is.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Why not?

 

It's possible if Ridley masters his technique and skills.

 

There are plenty of WRs currently ahead of Julio on many of the all-time receiving record lists who were nowhere near the athletic and physical freak that Julio is.

Uh, because Julio will end his career a Top 5 WR of all time. 

Calvin’s a good player, but he’s not gonna come close to julio’s accomplishments. Maybe he’ll catch Roddy.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked in the comments section of that post. Baffled to see so many Vick’s. To this day I still can’t understand the infatuation with pure scrambling quarterbacks. Guess it’s just a personal bias I have to traditional quarterbacks that could actually throw consistent accurate passes and do their job as a QB, only running when absolutely necessary. 

JD dirtybird21 and Nobis_Ghost like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I looked in the comments section of that post. Baffled to see so many Vick’s. To this day I still can’t understand the infatuation with pure scrambling quarterbacks. Guess it’s just a personal bias I have to traditional quarterbacks that could actually throw consistent accurate passes and do their job as a QB, only running when absolutely necessary. 

That's the least of the reasons I didn't like him, I volunteer at no kill shelters. It's difficult after you've seen first hand the senseless brutality.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Because Julio will end his career a Top 5 WR of all time. 

Calvin’s a good player, but he’s not gonna come close to julio’s accomplishments.

 

That all depends on how long and how well Julio plays into his 30s.

 

He will still have to catch up with

Chris Carter

Terrell Owens

Tim Brown

Larry Fitzgerald(who's still playing)

Issac Bruce

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Andre Johnson

and many others in many WR records before solidifying himself as a sure top 3 or 5 WR of all time.

 

He can pass most of them in receiving yards, but I think it may be too late in his career to catch most of them in career TDs. Especially since Julio has yet to still ever have a 10+ TD season.

 

Ridley already has 1 10+ TD season in his Rookie year.

FA91, ya_boi_j, Nobis_Ghost and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

That's the least of the reasons I didn't like him, I volunteer at no kill shelters. It's difficult after you've seen first hand the senseless brutality.

The whole animal thing didn’t bother me. I don’t really have a soft spot in my heart for animals like that. I just don’t like quarterbacks that can’t truly play the position 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I looked in the comments section of that post. Baffled to see so many Vick’s. To this day I still can’t understand the infatuation with pure scrambling quarterbacks. Guess it’s just a personal bias I have to traditional quarterbacks that could actually throw consistent accurate passes and do their job as a QB, only running when absolutely necessary. 

 

Yep

 

It is also hard to list Vick as the most talented. 

 

Athletically? Sure, one of the most gifted in that aspect.

 

But people don't realize that the will and ability to sit your *** down and learn your playbook from front to back and study defenses is a major talent of it's own.

 

It's probably the most important, especially for Qbs. That's what separates the Peyton's, Montana's, Brees', Marino's, and Brady's from the boys.

Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep

 

It is also hard to list Vick as the most talented. 

 

Athletically? Sure, one of the most gifted in that aspect.

 

But people don't realize that the will and ability to sit your *** down and learn your playbook from front to back and study defenses is a major talent of it's own.

 

It's probably the most important, especially for Qbs.

Yessir. This dude at work told me I was racist because I said I don’t like Vick lol. I don’t care how far you can throw, it doesn’t mean anything when you can’t read coverages and hit receivers with pure accuracy consistently. The times I saw him have great passing games was when he wanted to prove points to the media. I’d never in my life consider him the greatest falcon of all time, definitely not top 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yessir. This dude at work told me I was racist because I said I don’t like Vick lol. I don’t care how far you can throw, it doesn’t mean anything when you can’t read coverages and hit receivers with pure accuracy consistently. The times I saw him have great passing games was when he wanted to prove points to the media. I’d never in my life consider him the greatest falcon of all time, definitely not top 5

 

Lmao, he must be the one who's racist for thinking just because you don't put Vick on a pedestal then you hate him because he's black.

 

There are black QBs who were better than Vick during their careers. Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair come to mind.

 

Russell Wilson, who I really don't know wtf he actually is but he considers himself black from what I heard him say in an interview a couple of years ago so I'll take his word for it.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Lmao, he must be the one racist for thinking just because you don't put Vick on a pedestal then you hate him because he's black.

 

There are black QBs who were better than Vick during their careers. Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair come to mind.

 

Russell Wilson, who I really don't know wtf he actually is but he considers himself black from what I heard him say in an interview a couple of years ago so I'll take his word for it.

**** im black lol. I’ll take Cunningham, McNair, McNabb, Wilson anyday over Vick. I’d even take Cam over Vick

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modern era would be Sanders, if he stayed here. I'll only consider players that played their entire career in Atlanta. Jones will be a top 2 receiver after he fixes whatever the **** happened to him last week who will be the my choice once he takes the top stop of all time passing yards.

and here's an interesting fact of one my favs;

Bartkowski was chosen with the first overall pick in the 1975 NFL Draft, ahead of Walter Payton, by the Atlanta Falcons and was the NFL Rookie of the Year as well as The Sporting News NFC Rookie of the Year in 1975. Sounds familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** im black lol. I’ll take Cunningham, McNair, McNabb, Wilson anyday over Vick. I’d even take Cam over Vick

 

Yep, it's crazy how people lose their **** when you say Vick did not live up to expectations.

 

I don't understand why I forgot to mention Cam lol. Cam is a lot more dangerous than Vick when he gets it going.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep, it's crazy how people lose their **** when you say Vick did not live up to expectations.

 

I don't understand why I forgot to mention Cam lol. Cam is a lot more dangerous than Vick when gets it going.

Heck yeah he is. But you know how it is. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

That all depends on how long and how well Julio plays into his 30s.

 

He will still have to catch up with

Chris Carter

Terrell Owens

Tim Brown

Larry Fitzgerald(who's still playing)

Issac Bruce

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Andre Johnson

and many others in many WR records before solidifying himself as a sure top 3 or 5 WR of all time.

 

He can pass most of them in receiving yards, but I think it may be too late in his career to catch most of them in career TDs. Especially since Julio has yet to still ever have a 10+ TD season.

 

Ridley already has 1 10+ TD season in his Rookie year.

Of course it depends on how long he plays. But as last year proved, if anything Julio appears to be getting stronger/better as he ages, not regressing as most of TAFT (not saying you) have been predicting for years. 

And you do know Ridley’s TD’s were in large part because he has JJ drawing defense’s focus in double coverage, yes?

Again, not saying Calvin’s not going to be a very good receiver, but his career numbers will be a couple notches below jones IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s difficult to have just one that is the greatest in skill, talent, athletic achievement, team skills etc

but it boils down to these five

1.) Tommy Nobis

2.) Deion Sanders

3.) Mike Vick

4.) Jesse Tuggle

5.) Julio Jones

Notice that Matt Ryan is not on this list? It’s not about Stats! It’s about the Overall package and Ryan has been a huge disappointment since the disaster of a Super Bowl against New England! He literally cannot do anything in the red zone even with the type of receivers we have??? Inexcusable!

*TMo* likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Of course it depends on how long he plays. But as last year proved, if anything Julio appears to be stronger as he ages, not regressing as most of TAFT (not saying you) have been predicting for years. 

And you do know Ridley’s TD’s were in large part because he has JJ drawing defense’s focus in double coverage, yes?

Again, not saying Calvin’s not going to be a very good receiver, but his career numbers will be a couple notches below jones IMO. 

 

Julio just turned 30, we'll see his level of play and career as he gets to 32, 33, 34, and 35.

 

I think Julio can play that long at a high level, but that's still very rare territory.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Tommy Nobis Hands down.Can't understand why his story isn't Hall of Fame Material:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Nobis

Tommy_Nobis.jpg.b3f8a38c866d29228bdbac1b7f2b15bb.jpg

Without a doubt he was Hall of Game material. He played on a bad team that was ignored by the media, just like today. Lots of offensive players from their time called him better than Butkus. I believe he was just as good at the very least. I always enjoyed the way he destroyed pulling guards to get to the running backs on sweeps. He had that Luke Kuechly instinct to find the ball. He was physical and could run when he first got here. The speed declined with surgeries but even then he was a beast.

Nobis_Ghost and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Without a doubt he was Hall of Game material. He played on a bad team that was ignored by the media, just like today. Lots of offensive players from their time called him better than Butkus. I believe he was just as good at the very least. I always enjoyed the way he destroyed pulling guards to get to the running backs on sweeps. He had that Luke Kuechly instinct to find the ball. He was physical and could run when he first got here. The speed declined with surgeries but even then he was a beast.

He's a legend and HoF'ere for the Longhorns:  Nobis is one of college football's all-time greatest linebackers. In his tenure with the Texas Longhorns (19631965) he averaged nearly 20 tackles a game and, as the only sophomore starter, was an important participant on the Longhorns' 1963 national championship team, which defeated #2 Navy led by Heisman Trophy winner Roger Staubach in the Cotton Bowl. Nobis was also a member of the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity at the university.

And for the Falcons:

Tommy Nobis joined the Falcons for their inaugural season in 1966. That season, he won the league's NFL Rookie of the Year, was voted to the Pro Bowl and amassed 294 combined tackles which still stands today as the team's all-time single-season record,[1]and is unofficially the most tackles ever credited to one player, in a season, in NFL history. In eleven professional seasons he led the Falcons in tackles nine times, went to five Pro Bowls (one in 1972 after two knee surgeries), was named All-Pro twice and was chosen for the NFL's "All-Decade Team" for the 1960s. Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against **** Butkus than Nobis," and Falcons coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis' locker and proclaimed, "There's where our football team dresses."

*TMo* and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I gotta go with the shiny hood ornament some call Julio Jones

Ugh no. Julio might end up as one of the best in receiving yards, but unless he gets on his horse, he will probably not even scratch the top 20 receiving TD list. He's currently ranked 113th. What's more important? Yards or TDs? I know. Yards right? :rolleyes: Well he's only 39th in receiving yards. Ornamental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now