DirtyBird7000k

Greatest Falcon of All time???

203 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Thanks guys. Means a lot that some of you voted for me. Since I can’t vote for myself, I’ll give my two. Since it really depends on how you define greatness. 

Greatest importance to changing Franchise: Ryan

Greatest individual talent and team player/no diva HOFer: Julio

choosing one you gotta go Ryan though. Position matters. He’s a HOFer at the most vital position in sports (he’d be a first ballot lock if Shanny kicked a stupid FG)

imagine Ryan without Julio. Yeah not as good. 

Now imagine Julio with Joey Harrington. That’s just awful. 

We ***** about Ryan not being able to connect with Julio deep, Harrington would really have us in ***** and moan mode

NeonDeion likes this

1 minute ago, caponine said:

I became an Atlanta Fan the same year he was drafted. I just started watching football , and remember cant remember if it was week 2 or 3. But I saw him playing against the Panthers 

Yeah 2008 I coincidentally started watching the Falcons religiously since thats around the time(middle school) I fell in love with football.

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ridley doesn’t have the physical gifts Julio has. Hope you’re right though 

No yeah you're right Julio is an unreal athlete that's combined the nuance of the WR position to become a monster. I hope Ridley's bottom is at least Roddy. His game reminds me of TY Hilton and AB. I want him to be a double digit TD guy consistently just to contrast Julios mass yardage.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

58 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ridley doesn’t have the physical gifts Julio has. Hope you’re right though 

He isn't the freak that Julio is, but I think Ridley could best him in the end if he continues to progress skill and technique wise in his route running and hands.

Ovie_Lover and JD dirtybird21 like this

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

He may shatter the all time Falcon franchise receiving TD record if he builds off of his rookie season and get even better years to come.

It would be awesome if he builds off his rookie season. 10 TD's is nothing to sneeze at for a rookie receiver..he's part of the reason I kind of didn't want Sark to leave. He featured him well.

Edited by Jerz #Quinning
DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

The true test will be how Calvin does as a true  number 1 when Julio the decoy is gone.

JuJu sure is figuring out how hard that life is. 

I shouldn’t have mentioned a non falcon. Sorry 

DawnOfThemBirds and caponine like this

How do you define best??

Are we talking from a purely stat point of view...and then do you only count stats with the Falcons??

Are you talking overall meaning to the team?

22 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Yeah 2008 I coincidentally started watching the Falcons religiously since thats around the time(middle school) I fell in love with football.

No yeah you're right Julio is an unreal athlete that's combined the nuance of the WR position to become a monster. I hope Ridley's bottom is at least Roddy. His game reminds me of TY Hilton and AB. I want him to be a double digit TD guy consistently just to contrast Julios mass yardage.

Agreed. Ridleys game is similar to AB. The fact that he works with Julio everyday has hopefully set a standard for him in terms of work ethic. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Most Talent:

1. Michael Vick.   Quarterback with rocket arm, one of the best ever AND 4.2 speed.  

2. Deion Sanders. Could play both ways. 4.2 speed.

3. Julio Jones.  Most dominant receiver of his generation.  Hall of Fame career.

4. William Andrews.  Best runningback in the game when he played.  Could have been one of the greatest.

5. Claude Humphrey.  Dominant on the defensive line.

6. John Abraham.  Only Humphrey was better, and thats debatable.

Most Valuable to team:

1. Matt Ryan.  Longetivity.

2. Julio Jones.  Forces defense to double team him.

3.  Tony Gonzalez.  Helped Ryan become a pro quarterback. Reliable and dominant.

4.  Michael Vick.  Defenses couldn't stop him.

5. Deion Sanders.  Forced offenses to throw to one side of the field.

6. Steve Barktkowski.  Younger people don't know how good he was.  One of the best quarterbacks in the league after the Falcons got a offensive line to protect him.

Doctor Kildare likes this

14 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

The true test will be how Calvin does as a true  number 1 when Julio the decoy is gone.

I think he'll handle it well. He has tremendous route running ability to get open, he just needs to improve his hands.

Remember, Roddy held it down as the only real receiving threat a few seasons until Gonzalez and Julio got here.

Ridley is more shifty and athletic than Roddy was. Faster too. Roddy was bigger and stronger though.

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Most Talent:

1. Michael Vick.   Quarterback with rocket arm, one of the best ever AND 4.2 speed.  

3. Julio Jones.  Most dominant receiver of his generation.  Hall of Fame career.

4. William Andrews.  Best runningback in the game when he played.  Could have been one of the greatest.

Most Valuable to team:

3.  Tony Gonzalez.  Helped Ryan become a pro quarterback. Reliable and dominant.

6. Steve Barktkowski.  Younger people don't know how good he was.  One of the best quarterbacks in the league after the Falcons got a offensive line to protect him.

Can’t really disagree with this. Solid all around 

Spts1 likes this

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Most Talent:

Most Valuable to team:

Deion was more talented than Vick. Most talented NFL player of all time.

Not only did he shutdown his side of the field, he also was one of the most dangerous punt and kickoff returners of all time.

...........did I also mention he played WR at times as well???

...........while playing major league baseball.

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

How do you define best??

Are we talking from a purely stat point of view...and then do you only count stats with the Falcons??

Are you talking overall meaning to the team?

The question will never have a true answer..

Probably should have been ..Whos your favorite Falcon of all time..or top 5

falconsd56 likes this

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Deion was more talented than Vick. Most talented NFL player of all time.

Not only did he shutdown his side of the field, he also was one of the most dangerous punt and kickoff returners of all time.

...........did I also mention he played WR at times as well???

...........while playing major league baseball.

I have never been more into sports than when Deion played for the Falcons and the Braves.

Aaaahh, good times.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

5 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Only player in history to hit an in the park homer and run back a kickoff for a TD in the same day. B)

I bet Prime was tired as **** at the end of that day

There are different ways to answer this.

If you want to go most spectacular, it's a tie between Julio and Deion.

Most valuable...Matt Ryan easily.

But the best Falcon overall, considering longevity, skill, importance, consistency and quality every play.....

1443 best Classic Gridiron images on Pinterest | Vintage ...

IMO Roddy White is the most important falcon ever.

Say what you want, Julio may be a better player ( and honestly thats actually debatable). But the turnaround doesnt happen if 84 isnt here.