DirtyBird7000k

Greatest Falcon of All time???

203 posts in this topic

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Matt is the most valuable 

Julio is the best ever 

Nope, let's be real if julio was available in the 2008 draft class and they drafted him. He still wouldn't do what Ryan has done for this organization. 

Just now, caponine said:

Nope, let's be real if julio was available in the 2008 draft class and they drafted him. He still wouldn't do what Ryan has done for this organization. 

Julio has been top 2 at his position for about 7 years now. Ryan is top 10. Don’t mistake valuable for greatness. Julio is one of the best receivers ever and easily the most talented player to ever play for this franchise. The only player that comes even close is Sanders

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Julio has been top 2 at his position for about 7 years now. Ryan is top 10. Don’t mistake valuable for greatness. Julio is one of the best receivers ever and easily the most talented player to ever play for this franchise. The only player that comes even close is Sanders

I'm sure you remember how Ryan brought this team out of the gutter and back to relevancy. After Vick, Joey, and Bobby Petrino. He gave this fanbase hope again. That's why to me he is the greatest 

Edited by caponine

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

I'm sure you remember how Ryan brought this team out of the gutter and back to irrelevancy. After Vick, Joey, and Bobby Petrino. He gave this fanbase hope again. That's why to me he is the greatest 

Again man, you’re speaking to value, not greatness. I don’t disagree that Ryan is easily the best thing to ever happen to the franchise. He’s easily the most valuable player this franchise has ever had. But he’s not better at what he does than Julio or Deion. Both Julio and Deion are top 100 all time players. Ryan is not. To me, Julio is the greatest player to play for the falcons. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Again man, you’re speaking to value, not greatness. I don’t disagree that Ryan is easily the best thing to ever happen to franchise. He’s easily the most valuable player this franchise has ever had. But he’s not better at what he does than Julio or Deion. Both Julio and Deion are top 100 all time players. Ryan is not. To me, Julio is the greatest player to play for the falcons. 

I disagree however I respect your opinion. Ryan is definitely up there with some of great QBs 

Edited by caponine

Yeah when all is said and done the Falcons will have two lifetime HOFers in Ryan and Julio. Ryan is easily the most important player in franchise history and Julio is definitely the best if position weren’t accounted for. Julio will be regarded as one of the GOATs. Ryan will be regarded as a very good QB. 

I will put Jessie Tuggle as the greatest Falcon on a total career basis right now.

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will eventually exceed him and possibly have already but they also could regress and actually hurt themselves.  If either become big contracts in a few years we are just wishing to get rid of, that will hurt how they are viewed.  Note how Roddy White really fell off in his last years.

I also would love to say Tony Gonzalez was a lifetime Falcon but, of course, he was not.  However, I would probably label him right now as the greatest player right now with ties to the Falcons.

PokerSteve and Captain Falcon like this

Depends on how long you’ve been alive and watching football. Us younger guys are gonna go with Julio and Matt cause that’s who we actually know and watched. The older guys will say Deion, Tuggle, etc. there’s no true answer

PokerSteve and JD dirtybird21 like this

48 minutes ago, caponine said:

I disagree however I respect your opinion. Ryan is definitely up there with some of great QBs 

Since when do you like Ryan

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Depends on how long you’ve been alive and watching football. Us younger guys are gonna go with Julio and Matt cause that’s who we actually know and watched. The older guys will say Deion, Tuggle, etc. there’s no true answer

Yea even coming up with a Mt Rushmore is hard

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea even coming up with a Mt Rushmore is hard

It really is. I always say we name names today, 10 years from now it’s gonna be someone new. Remember when everyone was calling Roddy the greatest ever. Only took Julio what, 5 years or less to jump over him

PokerSteve likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It really is. I always say we name names today, 10 years from now it’s gonna be someone new. Remember when everyone was calling Roddy the greatest ever. Only took Julio what, 5 years or less to jump over him

Yea I remember. I’m not sure it can get better than Julio in terms of receivers. If it does, that’d be pretty sick.

OrthoPTSD likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea I remember. I’m not sure it can get better than Julio in terms of receivers. If it does, that’d be pretty sick.

Give it about 5-10 years after he retires. These receivers these days are getting better and better. A lot of big bodied receivers with speed in college. Some don’t get noticed because of the school they go to

JD dirtybird21 likes this

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Calvin Ridley says hello

FA91 likes this

Thanks guys. Means a lot that some of you voted for me. Since I can’t vote for myself, I’ll give my two. Since it really depends on how you define greatness. 

Greatest importance to changing Franchise: Ryan

Greatest individual talent and team player/no diva HOFer: Julio

choosing one you gotta go Ryan though. Position matters. He’s a HOFer at the most vital position in sports (he’d be a first ballot lock if Shanny kicked a stupid FG)

imagine Ryan without Julio. Yeah not as good. 

Now imagine Julio with Joey Harrington. That’s just awful. 

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Idk maybe I'm mistaken but I just never knew you were so fond of him.

I became an Atlanta Fan the same year he was drafted. I just started watching football , and remember cant remember if it was week 2 or 3. But I saw him playing against the Panthers