Falcons Fan MVP

which do you trust more our offense or our defense?

28 posts in this topic

We still have 15 weeks left. Our offense and defense have not played well so far. Which unit do you have the most faith in going into the next 15 games our offense or our defense? Which unit do you think has a better chance to be a top 5-10 unit for the next 15 games?

ShadyRef and FalconsIn2012 like this

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Can we have a third option?

Beat me to it...lol 

I think the more appropriate question is which set of coaches do you trust more, offense or defense?

Because we have more than enough talent on both sides of the football to win a Super Bowl. This year comes down to coaching. And I don’t love what I saw last week… Wish we could’ve held onto Manuel as our secondaries coach.  Drastically overpay him if need be

Defense should be able to play at a peak level much quicker than the offense. Defense should be able to rebound Sunday to a large degree but they still need more snaps as a starting unit to develop the kind of chemistry to dominate. Shouldn’t take long, a few games. Most of our key defenders have been playing together a long time.

My concern on offense is the timing between the OL and running backs in running game. That takes time and a lot of snaps to perfect and all these changes along OL all through camp and preseason and a rusty Freeman might make our running game struggle at times. I’d think it will peak by mid season but start getting far better by game 3

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We still have 15 weeks left. Our offense and defense have not played well so far. Which unit do you have the most faith in going into the next 15 games our offense or our defense? Which unit do you think has a better chance to be a top 5-10 unit for the next 15 games?

Defense for me. With the exception of 2 or 3 years during Matt's tenure, the norm is for them to underachieve. Until I see Quinn field a bad defense under his control for a full season, he has given me enough to trust him on that side of the ball. 

As far as offense goes, I miss when we had a bonafide top tier running back in Turner that was the main focus of defenses before the front office changed their focus to trying to make Ryan the next Peyton Manning.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Just now, ShadyRef said:

Defense for me. With the exception of 2 or 3 years during Matt's tenure, the norm is for them to underachieve. Until I see Quinn field a bad defense under his control for a full season, he has given me enough to trust him on that side of the ball. 

As far as offense goes, I miss when we had a bonafide top tier running back in Turner that was the main focus of defenses before the front office changed their focus to trying to make Ryan the next Peyton Manning.

This post...oof...

ShadyRef likes this

Both units have things that you point to as things that "if this gets cleaned up"

I think I trust Ryan and the offense more.....simply because there is a known history of success.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

I never make homer post, but here I go.

I think both. I think Minny was a wake up call. I think they were smelling themselves, and not doing any joint practices this off season didn't give them the feel of the enemy hitting you back. 

So what i'm saying is. Fighting your brother (Brotherhood) and winning some and loosing some is all fun and good, but is significantly different from getting your lunch money taken while being punched from the dude down the street. If you're any kinda man, it stings, turns your guts inside out just thinking how you crapped all over yourself in front of everyone around.

The boys got embarrassed. Don't mean they are some punks, just caught off guard. If they are who I think they are. I'm positive that both Offense and Defense will play better. They have the potential to pull each other out of a whole when one is struggling and still win, Heck we almost saw it last Sunday if it wasn't for a fumble and a second interception.

Special teams are still gonna suck, cause that's just who we are. But the Shaky Offense and the Leaky Defense is not what we are, so I don't expect to that again.

Have faith and hold on...it's gonna be a great ride.

1 hour ago, slick0ne said:

I never make homer post, but here I go.

I think both. I think Minny was a wake up call. I think they were smelling themselves, and not doing any joint practices this off season didn't give them the feel of the enemy hitting you back. 

So what i'm saying is. Fighting your brother (Brotherhood) and winning some and loosing some is all fun and good, but is significantly different from getting your lunch money taken while being punched from the dude down the street. If you're any kinda man, it stings, turns your guts inside out just thinking how you crapped all over yourself in front of everyone around.

The boys got embarrassed. Don't mean they are some punks, just caught off guard. If they are who I think they are. I'm positive that both Offense and Defense will play better. They have the potential to pull each other out of a whole when one is struggling and still win, Heck we almost saw it last Sunday if it wasn't for a fumble and a second interception.

Special teams are still gonna suck, cause that's just who we are. But the Shaky Offense and the Leaky Defense is not what we are, so I don't expect to that again.

Have faith and hold on...it's gonna be a great ride.

Homer.

All jokes aside I have no reason to believe the bolded. Being a Falcons fan is literally hearing the roller coaster click and click and click while going up.....and then bam you got to get off.

2 hours ago, kschreck said:

"So far?"

It was 1 game

that one game could be the difference between making the playoffs, winning the division, getting a first round bye etc. There is no reason why they should have laid a giant stink egg like that. They should have at least been competitive.