Spts1

Alabama vs South Carolina

42 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

With a true freshman QB playing only his 2nd college game. Alabama's defense looks extremely vulnerable. That being said, their offense looks downright unstoppable, at least their passing game. They still haven't run the ball very well, but when you can pass it the way they can, well who needs to run it?

They will need to be able to once or twice this year.  That’s when we will see if Sark has progressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

They will need to be able to once or twice this year.  That’s when we will see if Sark has progressed

Right now, I think LSU beats them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be nice to "know" that your team never ever gets away with ANY missed calls. I mean as a fan who pulls for GA as my #2 school, I don't think I have ever seen them hold and not get called for it. It is just amazing has disciplined their players are, wish Bama could play that clean!;)

And for the record, Bama had 11 penalities for 92 yards, SC had 5 for 32 yards. I can see where everyone say Bama had the refs in their back pockets!

Edited by BamaBirdLady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It must be nice to "know" that your team never ever gets away with ANY missed calls. I mean as a fan who pulls for GA as my #2 school, I don't think I have ever seen them hold and not get called for it. It is just amazing has disciplined their players are, wish Bama could play that clean!;)

And for the record, Bama had 11 penalities for 92 yards, SC had 5 for 32 yards. I can see where everyone say Bama had the refs in their back pockets!

Honestly had nothing to with it being Bama but there were some key penalties and calls not made in that game that just happened to go on favor of Bama. There was an obvious OPI on a crossing route and that play right before the half that prevented this game from being closer, didn’t affect the end result but it hurts the perspectives of it.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Honestly had nothing to with it being Bama but there were some key penalties and calls not made in that game that just happened to go on favor of Bama. There was an obvious OPI on a crossing route and that play right before the half that prevented this game from being closer, didn’t affect the end result but it hurts the perspectives of it.

My point is that every game, no matter the team, doesn't get every penalty called against them Bama had over double the amount of penalties called them than SC, but still the conversation contiues with GA fans about the refs not calling penalites against Bama.

I love GA, all my family except my household are Dawgs, but this same ole complaining about missed calls just keeps going on and on. What you think about TN fans complaining about GA teams getting away with penalites on a board in a game that TN wasn't even playing in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Right now, I think LSU beats them.

i can see that.. the issue for me is tua struggles against better defenses and that oline for bama isn't playing the way they have in the past.. as well as the defense also is giving up a lot more than they should be.  if lsu was running the ball more effectively i would pick them in the upset, but one dimensional teams are usually schemed very well by nick and his staff.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

My point is that every game, no matter the team, doesn't get every penalty called against them Bama had over double the amount of penalties called them than SC, but still the conversation contiues with GA fans about the refs not calling penalites against Bama.

I love GA, all my family except my household are Dawgs, but this same ole complaining about missed calls just keeps going on and on. What you think about TN fans complaining about GA teams getting away with penalites on a board in a game that TN wasn't even playing in?

I live in Tennessee, doesn’t bother me much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

I live in Tennessee, doesn’t bother me much 

Yea, probably doesn't happen every time GA plays a football game!

GA is good enough to beat Bama, no doubt. Fans just need to give up the same carrying on about penalities not being called against Bama, which is furthest from the truth if you look at that stats,  ie Bama vs SC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It must be nice to "know" that your team never ever gets away with ANY missed calls. I mean as a fan who pulls for GA as my #2 school, I don't think I have ever seen them hold and not get called for it. It is just amazing has disciplined their players are, wish Bama could play that clean!;)

And for the record, Bama had 11 penalities for 92 yards, SC had 5 for 32 yards. I can see where everyone say Bama had the refs in their back pockets!

Penalties didn't decide the winner because South Carolina wasn't going to win this game either way but you're being extremely naive and a blind homer if you don't see how those calls or non calls early in the game went against the Gamecocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i can see that.. the issue for me is tua struggles against better defenses and that oline for bama isn't playing the way they have in the past.. as well as the defense also is giving up a lot more than they should be.  if lsu was running the ball more effectively i would pick them in the upset, but one dimensional teams are usually schemed very well by nick and his staff.. 

LSU appears to have a legit passing game this year and that's why I think they can take down Bama for the first time in forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LSU appears to have a legit passing game this year and that's why I think they can take down Bama for the first time in forever.

i don't disagree with you.. those wideouts finally have a system and a qb that can score points.. i can see them beating bama for sure.. i just want them to show me they can run the ball better.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Honestly had nothing to with it being Bama but there were some key penalties and calls not made in that game that just happened to go on favor of Bama. There was an obvious OPI on a crossing route and that play right before the half that prevented this game from being closer, didn’t affect the end result but it hurts the perspectives of it.

Here's the thing about penalties, anyone can sit there and look at the final penalty numbers and say, well Alabama didn't get any favorable calls because they were called for twice as many peoples as South Carolina. What those numbers don't tell you is when those penalties were called, what type of penalties they were, and how they affected the outcome of those specific plays. The final numbers don't tell you any of that so unless you watch the game and actual see it with an honest conscious, you're just not being objective. And I only quoted you @Bdawg58 to build on your post.

Bdawg58 and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Penalties didn't decide the winner because South Carolina wasn't going to win this game either way but you're being extremely naive and a blind homer if you don't see how those calls or non calls early in the game went against the Gamecocks.

It was clearly a hold on fake kick. He had Lee by the front and then the back of his jersey. 

I know that's not what everyone wants to see, but take off your red and black glasses and look again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It was clearly a hold on fake kick. He had Lee by the front and then the back of his jersey. 

I know that's not what everyone wants to see, but take off your red and black glasses and look again.

He's not a Georgia fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It was clearly a hold on fake kick. He had Lee by the front and then the back of his jersey. 

I know that's not what everyone wants to see, but take off your red and black glasses and look again.

Yes it was a hold, even if it was an extremely weak hold. but then on the punt on South Carolina's very next possession the was a clear cut hold of the exact same severely committed by Alabama that was NOT called. That is what I'm talking about when I say just looking at the final penalty numbers doesn't tell you the whole story. But the most clear cut missed penalty was the non OPI call against Jeudy on the long Harris TD. Jeudy was clearly blocking, not trying to run a route and it was so clear cut and totally went ignored by everyone from the booth down to the field. What makes it even worse is how many times during games in my years of watching football that I've seen guys get called OPI on that exact type of play because they are running a route and aren't even trying to sell that they're running a route. What pissed me off about those two plays was they happened so close together in time and that it was only the next possession after a penalty wiped out a South Carolina TD.

SacFalcFan and Bdawg58 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes it was a hold, even if it was an extremely weak hold. but then on the punt on South Carolina's very next possession the was a clear cut hold of the exact same severely committed by Alabama that was NOT called. That is what I'm talking about when I say just looking at the final penalty numbers doesn't tell you the whole story. But the most clear cut missed penalty was the non OPI call against Jeudy on the long Harris TD. Jeudy was clearly blocking, not trying to run a route and it was so clear cut and totally went ignored by everyone from the booth down to the field. What makes it even worse is how many times during games in my years of watching football that I've seen guys get called OPI on that exact type of play because they are running a route and aren't even trying to sell that they're running a route. What pissed me off about those two plays was they happened so close together in time and that it was only the next possession after a penalty wiped out a South Carolina TD.

I am very sorry that you are so angry about plays in a game that your didn't play in.

You do know we had a TD called back? You do know we had a player ejected?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I am very sorry that you are so angry about plays in a game that your didn't play in.

You do know we had a TD called back? You do know we had a player ejected?

There's no need for me to even continue to try to have an objective conversation with you if you're just going to say weird off the wall stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now