Spts1

Alabama vs South Carolina

42 posts in this topic

The Tide plays their first conference game.   The Gamecocks don't stand a chance,  Bama in a landslide...

3 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

HOLY SH—! That was an amazing TD

That should have been pass interference on Jerry there. He was clearly blocking down field before the ball was thrown. But because it's Alabama he doesn't get called for it just like they didn't call holding against Alabama on that punt return.

Just now, mike teevee said:

Regardless, It was still an impressive run. 

It was an impressive run. Just hate when the refs have to get involved like they have so far. Extremely weak holding call against South Carolina cost them a TD and then the exact same hold isn't called against Bama. Then that play, clearly blocking down field before the ball was thrown and no penalty called. That's a 14-point swing and the difference in the game right now.

mike teevee likes this

Just now, LawDawg said:

Missed opportunity for SC right before the half. Too bad.

His knee clearly didn't touch and should have been a TD and they didn't even review it. Ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

His knee clearly didn't touch and should have been a TD and they didn't even review it. Ridiculous.

Yup.

That hold also brought back that TD from the fake FG.

This game could very different, but of course the ball is rolling Bama's way.

Falconsfan567 likes this

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lol you may wanna watch the play again. I agree it was probably a TD, but it wasn’t super obvious. His knee was close. 

Maybe Muschamp should have called a timeout and given them time to review it. That goes on Muschamp for not slowing the offense down. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Alabama isn’t even trying to run the ball right now. Take out those 2 sacks and they have run 8 times for 49 yards. I’d like to see the running game at least try more.

But if you don’t need to do it, I guess there isn’t any need to do it 

43 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Lol you may wanna watch the play again. I agree it was probably a TD, but it wasn’t super obvious. His knee was close. 

Maybe Muschamp should have called a timeout and given them time to review it. That goes on Muschamp for not slowing the offense down. 

Did you hear what they said at the start of the 3rd quarter? Replay official didn't stop it because he didn't want the clock to stop to give the Gamecocks a free timeout. What a load of crap!

South Carolina wasn't going to win this game either way, but it's been far from officiated fairly. If this game is 24-17 or 17-17 at halftime or something of that nature it takes on a completely different tone for the start of the 3rd quarter and might have been competitive a while longer before Bama pulled away.

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did you hear what they said at the start of the 3rd quarter? Replay official didn't stop it because he didn't want the clock to stop to give the Gamecocks a free timeout. What a load of crap!

South Carolina wasn't going to win this game either way, but it's been far from officiated fairly. If this game is 24-17 or 17-17 at halftime or something of that nature it takes on a completely different tone for the start of the 3rd quarter and might have been competitive a while longer before Bama pulled away.

If it makes you feel any better, they took away a Td from Alabama too. So I guess it’s even. Alabama should have called a TO as well

BamaBirdLady likes this

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If it makes you feel any better, they took away a Td from Alabama too. So I guess it’s even. Alabama should have called a TO as well

LOL! Taking a TD away from Alabama after they're up 40-16 is much different than taking a TD away that would have given your team the lead when the outcome was still in doubt. Stay classy Alabama!

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL! Taking a TD away from Alabama after they're up 40-16 is much different than taking a TD away that would have given your team the lead when the outcome was still in doubt. Stay classy Alabama!

Wait why is that a stay classy lol? Im just pointing out that it wasn’t a slam dunk call. Plus that would have not given Carolina the lead because the score was 24-10 Alabama at that point. Muschamp still should have called a TO at that point still. 

i mean take a look. That’s CLOSE. Idk if you can possible overturn that. I understand that people don’t like Alabama, but that’s CLOSE.  I’m not sure why you are telling me to stay classy still tbh.

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Wait why is that a stay classy lol? Im just pointing out that it wasn’t a slam dunk call. Plus that would have not given Carolina the lead because the score was 24-10 Alabama at that point. Muschamp still should have called a TO at that point still. 

i mean take a look. That’s CLOSE. Idk if you can possible overturn that. I understand that people don’t like Alabama, but that’s CLOSE.  I’m not sure why you are telling me to stay classy still tbh.

The stay classy part was just me being annoyed.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The stay classy part was just me being annoyed.

All good bro. Lets go Braves fr 

2 hours ago, frankly88 said:

Something to make note of South Carolina had 459 yards of offense.  

With a true freshman QB playing only his 2nd college game. Alabama's defense looks extremely vulnerable. That being said, their offense looks downright unstoppable, at least their passing game. They still haven't run the ball very well, but when you can pass it the way they can, well who needs to run it?