Sandy5prings

Eagles podcast - the Eagles *want* the Falcons to run the ball

39 posts in this topic

The passing game is the key in this one but the OL has to give Matt time.

Freeman can showcase he’s 100 percent in another game I really bought in that Freeman was back from what I was hearing out of camp so much so I drafted him in my fantasy league.

I hope he is but he looked slow against Minnesota.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Xfactor said:

Freeman can showcase he’s 100 percent in another game I really bought in that Freeman was back from what I was hearing out of camp so much so I drafted him in my fantasy league.

I also bought into freeman. In the few carries he has in preseason, he looked really good. 

11 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Falcons can't run between the guards against Eagles 

Both Freeman and Ito are good improvisors.  

Call run plays between the tackles and watch our little scat backs bounce to the open gap on the periphery.  Balance that with quicker passing routes to the midlevel across the field.

If Koetter continues to call slowly-developing routes, Matt will be in danger.   

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Naw the Vikings were just flying around man. They were feeding off the game and the crowd. It snowballs as the game goes on. I think Free will be fine. His first game back in a long time. They were trying to get him some downhill runs on the edge, which were a nice look. The OTs just weren't that great on getting him cleaner 1v1s with CBs out there. 

ShmevinShmarris and PokerSteve like this

27 minutes ago, falconfansince1968 said:

My House

On 9/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, Sandy5prings said:

This is a great podcast of a couple of Eagles beat guys. Fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark and listen. The Eagles D is vulnerable on the perimeter and the only way to beat them is to come out throwing and putting their DBs on skates.

I swear if we come out trying to %$%$^ establish the run, we will get smashed and I want DQ to be fired on the spot.

We should take the ball if we win the toss. First time we see cover 1 with a single safety back send 3 wide outs Jones, Ridley and any burner in motion.. Get them sold on the passing game early, only then will the run open up. None of this dump off to TE or RB at the los hoping for yac is not going to work, it has to be a shoot out. the OL MUST PROTECT RYAN, he doesn't need much time to read 4, 5 seconds at the most.

Bigbenright likes this

Last time we played the eagles they got big with us on offense with jay ajayi. Gave them short yardage situations all game. With Davidson, Bailey, and Jarrett I except this to be a completely different game

On 9/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, ChickenBiscuit said:

The weather for sunday in Philly is partly cloudy at 71* Fahrenheit w/ 5mph winds (A very light breeze). 

So hopefully both Matts (Bryant and Ryan) are accurate on Sunday.

I don't think we're worried about Philly's weather as we are playing at the MBD. 

We could see a lot of PI call in their DBs against Falcons offensive weapons—Julio could be beneficiary of 2-3 PI calls. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Don’t know why they insist on bringing the safeties in the box

That’s all they know. Keep beating their ***** deep. This could easily be a 2 score lead right now