Sandy5prings

Eagles podcast - the Eagles *want* the Falcons to run the ball

39 posts in this topic

This is a great podcast of a couple of Eagles beat guys. Fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark and listen. The Eagles D is vulnerable on the perimeter and the only way to beat them is to come out throwing and putting their DBs on skates.

I swear if we come out trying to %$%$^ establish the run, we will get smashed and I want DQ to be fired on the spot.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m sure they do. Cause they know they can’t stop the pass

Yeah those DBs got roasted by nobodies from Washington. If Matt has even a little bit of time that secondary will get eaten alive. A lot easier said than done though. However, the redskins have an even worse o-line than ours and put up 27 on them. 

11 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:
This is a great podcast of a couple of Eagles beat guys. Fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark and listen. The Eagles D is vulnerable on the perimeter and the only way to beat them is to come out throwing and putting their DBs on skates.

I swear if we come out trying to %$%$^ establish the run, we will get smashed and I want DQ to be fired on the spot.

DQ preaches it's not about what they do, it's about us. lol :shrug: 

Rah rah coach fittin' to be embarrassed again.

shock, PokerSteve and sdogg like this

Don’t get me wrong (and just so you know, my unbiased opinion has the Eagles winning and that’s also not from a negative nancy standpoint), I respect the Eagles defense and all. In fact, in 2017 I said the Eagles are a team to keep an eye on. With that said, let’s be real. I don’t believe this current Eagles defense is on the same level as the Vikings defense we just played. 

Even with expected growing pains while under a new OC shift, it’s going to be whether our defense can limit that Eagles offense which IS better than the offense we just played. 

Edited by CTann
ChickenBiscuit and Atl Falcon like this

21 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah those DBs got roasted by nobodies from Washington. If Matt has even a little bit of time that secondary will get eaten alive. A lot easier said than done though. However, the redskins have an even worse o-line than ours and put up 27 on them. 

In Philly too

vel and ChickenBiscuit like this

38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m sure they do. Cause they know they can’t stop the pass

Somehow man.... watch Dirk and Matt not test these guys. They will somehow end up looking competent against us. Looking forward to the defense. 

Edited by ShadyRef
ya_boi_j likes this

The weather for sunday in Philly is partly cloudy at 71* Fahrenheit w/ 5mph winds (A very light breeze). 

So hopefully both Matts (Bryant and Ryan) are accurate on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Somehow man.... watch Dirk and Matt not test these guys. They will somehow end up looking competent against us. Looking forward to the defense. 

Remember when DK under Mike Smith would force the run no matter how bad we were getting stuffed? That **** used to infuriate me, I really hope he doesn't pull that tomorrow.

We need the even year Ryan to show up.

ShadyRef likes this

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Remember when DK under Mike Smith would force the run no matter how bad we were getting stuffed? That **** used to infuriate me, I really hope he doesn't pull that tomorrow.

We need the even year Ryan to show up.

It’ll be interesting because they didn’t run much last week. 

I’d like to see the pass set up the run. Ito on a draw would be nice. 

Edited by NWFALCON
HouseofEuphoria likes this

Just now, NWFALCON said:

It’ll be interesting because they didn’t run much last week. 

I’d like to see the pass set up the run. Ito on some draws would be nice. 

Yeah, he didn't seem to force it much last Sunday. And Ryan wasn't even that bad on Sunday, he just threw some really really awful INTs. He's likely gonna be more safe with the ball this week but hopefully not too safe. I honestly think he can probably get away with some risky throws against Philly's secondary. Julio *should* eat if Ryan gets enough time.

22 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The weather for sunday in Philly is partly cloudy at 71* Fahrenheit w/ 5mph winds (A very light breeze). 

So hopefully both Matts (Bryant and Ryan) are accurate on Sunday.

Shiz is perfect in the dome, homeboy. ^_^

Even the vikings wanted the falcons to run the ball. Having Matt ryan throw on only 3rd down isn't the best way for the falcons to score with all of these weapons 

How many reps have Julio, Ridley and Sanu had with Ryan in game action to get their timing down? I sure hope enough.

This offense is built to establish the pass in order to have a run game. If they keep trying to force a run game it's just going to be wasted drives. When you have the best are in the league with some dangerous rbs that can catch you play to your stengths. Just let Matt Ryan control the offense. May not see as much hurry up as we want until Mcagary gets back in game shape

Atl Falcon likes this

33 minutes ago, gazoo said:

How many reps have Julio, Ridley and Sanu had with Ryan in game action to get their timing down? I sure hope enough.

Julio didn’t look right either. I think his foot is still jacked. 

Atl Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Julio didn’t look right either. I think his foot is still jacked. 

Yep. His timing with Ryan could take a little time to get back.

And Run we will you CUNY’s!!  And, we will throw a few passes as well beyoutches! You ain’t going to be able to touch this....twatsters  

Edited by roguebeaver

2 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Dirk likes to throw

ShadyRef likes this

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dirk is a pass happy coordinator and does well against Philly.

Honestly forgot that Fitzmagic lit that D up like one week after our game. Hopefully we can replicate that. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this