Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sandy5prings

Eagles podcast - the Eagles *want* the Falcons to run the ball

Recommended Posts

This is a great podcast of a couple of Eagles beat guys. Fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark and listen. The Eagles D is vulnerable on the perimeter and the only way to beat them is to come out throwing and putting their DBs on skates.

I swear if we come out trying to %$%$^ establish the run, we will get smashed and I want DQ to be fired on the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m sure they do. Cause they know they can’t stop the pass

Yeah those DBs got roasted by nobodies from Washington. If Matt has even a little bit of time that secondary will get eaten alive. A lot easier said than done though. However, the redskins have an even worse o-line than ours and put up 27 on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:
This is a great podcast of a couple of Eagles beat guys. Fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark and listen. The Eagles D is vulnerable on the perimeter and the only way to beat them is to come out throwing and putting their DBs on skates.

I swear if we come out trying to %$%$^ establish the run, we will get smashed and I want DQ to be fired on the spot.

DQ preaches it's not about what they do, it's about us. lol :shrug: 

Rah rah coach fittin' to be embarrassed again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t get me wrong (and just so you know, my unbiased opinion has the Eagles winning and that’s also not from a negative nancy standpoint), I respect the Eagles defense and all. In fact, in 2017 I said the Eagles are a team to keep an eye on. With that said, let’s be real. I don’t believe this current Eagles defense is on the same level as the Vikings defense we just played. 

Even with expected growing pains while under a new OC shift, it’s going to be whether our defense can limit that Eagles offense which IS better than the offense we just played. 

Edited by CTann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah those DBs got roasted by nobodies from Washington. If Matt has even a little bit of time that secondary will get eaten alive. A lot easier said than done though. However, the redskins have an even worse o-line than ours and put up 27 on them. 

In Philly too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m sure they do. Cause they know they can’t stop the pass

Somehow man.... watch Dirk and Matt not test these guys. They will somehow end up looking competent against us. Looking forward to the defense. 

Edited by ShadyRef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Somehow man.... watch Dirk and Matt not test these guys. They will somehow end up looking competent against us. Looking forward to the defense. 

Remember when DK under Mike Smith would force the run no matter how bad we were getting stuffed? That **** used to infuriate me, I really hope he doesn't pull that tomorrow.

We need the even year Ryan to show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Remember when DK under Mike Smith would force the run no matter how bad we were getting stuffed? That **** used to infuriate me, I really hope he doesn't pull that tomorrow.

We need the even year Ryan to show up.

It’ll be interesting because they didn’t run much last week. 

I’d like to see the pass set up the run. Ito on a draw would be nice. 

Edited by NWFALCON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWFALCON said:

It’ll be interesting because they didn’t run much last week. 

I’d like to see the pass set up the run. Ito on some draws would be nice. 

Yeah, he didn't seem to force it much last Sunday. And Ryan wasn't even that bad on Sunday, he just threw some really really awful INTs. He's likely gonna be more safe with the ball this week but hopefully not too safe. I honestly think he can probably get away with some risky throws against Philly's secondary. Julio *should* eat if Ryan gets enough time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This offense is built to establish the pass in order to have a run game. If they keep trying to force a run game it's just going to be wasted drives. When you have the best are in the league with some dangerous rbs that can catch you play to your stengths. Just let Matt Ryan control the offense. May not see as much hurry up as we want until Mcagary gets back in game shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...