125 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

Show me facts that support we should expect any of the following:

Matt Ryan Beating Eagles pass defense 

Falcons 100 yard rushing be eagles

Falcons defense stopping Run vs Eagles

Wins and Losses vs Eagles under Quinn

#Hopium

Facts? Look at Eagles D on the road vs at home, including the last couple times we played them in our house.

Drew4719 likes this

7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Facts? Look at Eagles D on the road vs at home, including the last couple times we played them in our house.

From early 2018:

Scoring

HOME: The Eagles are No. 1 in the league, allowing 12.7 points per game at the Linc since opening day 2017. Nobody else is under 15.

ROAD: On the road that figures nearly doubles, to 24.1. That’s only 19th best in the NFL during the same span.

Yards allowed

HOME: The Eagles allow 281 yards per game at the Linc, third best behind the Vikings and Jaguars.

ROAD: On the road that figure increases to 349, which is 24th best.

Pass defense

HOME: Opposing quarterbacks are completing 59 percent of their passes (sixth best) with a 72.8 passer rating (third best) and 14 TD passes (seventh best) and 14 interceptions (second best).

ROAD: QBs are completing 64 percent of their passes (17th) with a 91.9 passer rating (14th) and 19 TDs (29th) and 10 INTs (seventh best) against the Eagles away from the Linc.

Rush defense

HOME: Opposing backs are averaging 3.6 yards per carry at the Linc, fifth best, and have scored just one TD (No. 1 in the league).

ROAD: That figure goes up to 3.9 on the road (10th best) with eight TDs (15th best).

Third-down conversions 

HOME: Eagles are at 25.8, which is a fraction of a percentage point behind the Vikings for second best in the league

ROAD: That figure goes down to 37.3, still good for 10th best but far worse than the home figure.

Yards allowed per play

HOME: Eagles are third best in the league since 2017 at 4.6.

ROAD: Eagles are 23rd in the league at 5.7.

Big plays

HOME: Eagles are best in the league at preventing big plays at home, allowing just two plays of 40 yards or more in 12 home games since the start of last year.

ROAD: The Eagles have allowed 11 plays of 40 yards or more over the last two years, and only the Texans have allowed more.

3 minutes ago, vel said:

From early 2018:

Scoring

HOME: The Eagles are No. 1 in the league, allowing 12.7 points per game at the Linc since opening day 2017. Nobody else is under 15.

ROAD: On the road that figures nearly doubles, to 24.1. That’s only 19th best in the NFL during the same span.

Yards allowed

HOME: The Eagles allow 281 yards per game at the Linc, third best behind the Vikings and Jaguars.

ROAD: On the road that figure increases to 349, which is 24th best.

Pass defense

HOME: Opposing quarterbacks are completing 59 percent of their passes (sixth best) with a 72.8 passer rating (third best) and 14 TD passes (seventh best) and 14 interceptions (second best).

ROAD: QBs are completing 64 percent of their passes (17th) with a 91.9 passer rating (14th) and 19 TDs (29th) and 10 INTs (seventh best) against the Eagles away from the Linc.

Rush defense

HOME: Opposing backs are averaging 3.6 yards per carry at the Linc, fifth best, and have scored just one TD (No. 1 in the league).

ROAD: That figure goes up to 3.9 on the road (10th best) with eight TDs (15th best).

Third-down conversions 

HOME: Eagles are at 25.8, which is a fraction of a percentage point behind the Vikings for second best in the league

ROAD: That figure goes down to 37.3, still good for 10th best but far worse than the home figure.

Yards allowed per play

HOME: Eagles are third best in the league since 2017 at 4.6.

ROAD: Eagles are 23rd in the league at 5.7.

Big plays

HOME: Eagles are best in the league at preventing big plays at home, allowing just two plays of 40 yards or more in 12 home games since the start of last year.

ROAD: The Eagles have allowed 11 plays of 40 yards or more over the last two years, and only the Texans have allowed more.

Probably has to do with that ****** field they play on. 

Drew4719 likes this

In the 34 regular-season games under Schwartz, the defense has given up an average of 13.9 points at home and 23.6 points on the road. That's quite a disparity, and one that can't simply be explained by the fact that the opposing offense can operate with the crowd's support and relative silence at home, while it must contend with the vociferous screams of Eagles fans in Lincoln Financial Field.

gazoo likes this

9 minutes ago, vel said:

In the 34 regular-season games under Schwartz, the defense has given up an average of 13.9 points at home and 23.6 points on the road. That's quite a disparity, and one that can't simply be explained by the fact that the opposing offense can operate with the crowd's support and relative silence at home, while it must contend with the vociferous screams of Eagles fans in Lincoln Financial Field.

They also play on grass which can throw offenses off.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Eagles/Vikings type teams are simply poor matchups for our offense.  The silver lining is we outplayed the Eagles the last two time we played them.  Should have been 2-0 vs Eagles the last two years.  They whipped our butts in 2016, though

0-2 wouldn’t surprise or worry me.   With that said, 0-3 would be very concerning 

Yes, an 0-3 start would be concerning, disconcerting and basically fatal. You have a 2.8 percent chance of making the play-offs with an 0-3 beginning. Probably also about a 2.8 percent chance Quinn's still the HC at end of the season with an 0-3 start as well. lol.

Drew4719, vel and FalconsIn2012 like this

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes, an 0-3 start would be concerning, disconcerting and basically fatal. You have a 2.8 percent chance of making the play-offs with an 0-3 beginning. Probably also about a 2.8 percent chance Quinn's still the HC at end of the season with an 0-3 start as well. lol.

If we can enter week 5 at 2-2, that'd be a win. The first month of our schedule entering the season was easily the most brutal part of it. Imagine if we had to play Andrew Luck next week...

Drew4719, PokerSteve, gazoo and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If we can enter week 5 at 2-2, that'd be a win. The first month of our schedule entering the season was easily the most brutal part of it. Imagine if we had to play Andrew Luck next week...

Going into week Five 2-2 would be great. Wheels back on the asphalt and heading toward the checkered flag. A lighter, brighter TATF. :lol:

Edit: Yeah, going against Andrew next week we would quite likely be out of....wait for it.....Luck.  :ninja:

Vel is right! MR2 said he would play better and he will not throw inexplicable interceptions while missing the open receiver. He will throw sharp, accurate passes to only our guys.  DQ will make awesome coaching decisions and great adjustments at halftime. He trusts the process! I think everything has just clicked for Vic and Takk, they will start getting pressure and stop letting sweeps go for 20 yards. I think Oliver has had a breakthrough and will cover like a glove. Deion Jones will not get trucked by a runner and will get off blocks. Free will shake off the whatever's been wrong and run like Emmitt Smith in his prime. Jake will understand that he must block at least one of the men in front of him. Sambrailo will man up and allow no pressures. The entire offensive line will not get knocked back two yards when we need to gain one yard. Julio will catch everything that hits his hands and will get f'n set. Special teams will be special again. Bosh can wait until the gunners are standing on either side of the punt return man to kick it. The officials will call holding and PI when the Eagles commit those fouls.

It is going to be great! The Eagles have just got to be scared. It is absolutely insane that two thirds of sports writers are picking the Eagles to win in our house. Don't they know we've turned it around?

PokerSteve and HouseofEuphoria like this

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Edited by NWFALCON

4 hours ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

Show me facts that support we should expect any of the following:

Matt Ryan Beating Eagles pass defense 

Falcons 100 yard rushing be eagles

Falcons defense stopping Run vs Eagles

Wins and Losses vs Eagles under Quinn

#Hopium

How about you check Ryan and the Falcons' stats at home versus the Eagles. They're better than on the road as one would expect.

DQ's first win as an NFL head coach came against the Eagles in Atlanta.

Butudontseeme™ likes this

Just now, No.11 said:

How about you check Ryan and the Falcons' stats at home versus the Eagles. They're better than on the road as one would expect.

DQ's first win as an NFL head coach came against the Eagles in Atlanta.

Who was the coach? Quarterback?

Jerz #Quinning likes this

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

0 - 2 will be fatal in a division with the Saints this year. Straight up. Saints are going hard for the title.

****, i thought we were?? 

Even if we made a wild card it's road dog for playoffs. Which is doom and gloom. Imagine matching up against the Saints in the playoffs in their house?  I'm looking at Sunday night as a serious benchmark after that awful performance in Minn.

After all, we came into this season believing we are talented SB contenders. Gotta get home field and/or division for that to happen. This belief could change quick.

PokerSteve likes this

18 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

0 - 2 will be fatal in a division with the Saints this year. Straight up. Saints are going hard for the title.

****, i thought we were?? 

Even if we made a wild card it's road dog for playoffs. Which is doom and gloom. Imagine matching up against the Saints in the playoffs in their house?  I'm looking at Sunday night as a serious benchmark after that awful performance in Minn.

After all, we came into this season believing we are talented SB contenders. Gotta get home field and/or division for that to happen. This belief could change quick.

I agree with every word of this, especially the bold. Stains look like a powerhouse. Hopefully the Falcons pull this one out somehow and get on track toward the Lombardi we were fantasizing about pre-Vikings debacle.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

13 hours ago, vel said:

Man...

Is the season over? I didn't know football seasons were decided after one game. 

Yes, we just witnessed arguably the single worst regular season game in the DQ era. This team was healthy, fully loaded, and laid a massive egg. No way around it. But if you think this is going to continue for 15 more games, then don't even bother reading the rest of this. You're mind is made up after one game. Move on and accept you're going to root for a miserable team until January. 

As for the rest of us, let's carry on. If you've ever done anything worth doing in life, you've laid an egg doing it. Period. Public speaking. Sports. Anything with any level of effort, you've dropped the ball despite being prepared. Shlt happens. You get your a** handed to you. Either you stay down or you bounce back. You let it define you or you rewrite the script. For some, that scares the crap out of you. The unknown. You want somebody to tell you it's going to be ok. That's not this. The Falcons have to stand in their shlt right now. That's exactly what they've been doing. They've accepted just how terrible they looked. We all know that's now who they are, that's why everybody is so pissed. I mean come on:

When's the last time Julio plain ole played bad? Against the Eagles, Julio averages 7 catches, 120 yards, and 1 TD. Coming off a bad game, when he's had less than 50 yards, every single time he's bounced back with a massive game since DQ has been here. He's not one man who stays on the turf. 

Matt Ryan:

I told yall on Tuesday, since DQ has been here, Matt has averaged a 113.1 passer rating with a 7:2 TD/INT ratio in week two compared to 94.1 passer rating and a 5:3 split in week one. Again, you think Matt isn't pissed? You think he's going to keep making poor decisions? Lol stupid. He hasn't done that since 2017. Matt has been mediocre in week one games for years now. He's bounced back every single time. 

Jake Matthews:

When's the last time Jake had a game this embarrassing? Name it. Not since he was a rookie. Jake looked like Sam Baker. But is that Jake Matthews? 

You think he ain't bouncing back? Lol ok

We all knew how much talent was on this roster going into the season. That didn't disappear after one game. This isn't Space Jam and they all lost their powers or some childish shlt. They lost. Bad. The Steelers just got held to 3 points. You think they're only going to score 48 points all year? That's stupid. The Saints let the Bucs score 48 points in the Superdump last year and only gave up over 28 points at home once more (vs LA). Week one lies. But if you want to believe it, go ahead. I bet you believe Julio is washed, Jake is trash, Matt needs to be traded, etc. Don't turn the game on. Don't post anything. Don't even speak on shlt. Just go somewhere and cry in your cheerios. 

This is football. You'll lose. You'll look bad. The infamous "We're on to Cincinnati" meme was after the Patriots were destroyed 41-14 on MNF. Brady was washed and the dynasty was over. Except they got the f*ck off the mat and kept destroying teams. If you don't think the Falcons can do that, I feel bad for you. It was one game. One game doesn't make a season. Never does. Especially not week one. 

Rise Up. Or Get Gone. Period.

Amen...

9 hours ago, vel said:

It’s not abnormal to be 8-10 points different between home and away.  

Last season we scored 22 ppg away and 31 ppg at home.

14 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Worst game in the Dan Quinn era?

Oh no.  That's 28-3

Worst regular season game?  So many to choose from.

There's the Steelers game last season.  Steelers were in shambles before that game.  AB was struggling and other numerous issues that were all resolved when they played the Falcons and won 41-17.

The Pats 'revenge' game in 2017.  All we heard about was how they were super motivated for this game and what happened?  They forgot to show up.

2015 - Losing to the Luckless Colts?  Probably the 38-0 thumping from the Panthers but they got revenge later that season so we forget about it.

2016 was the aberration.

In 3 out of the 4 years Quinn has been here there has been at least 1 game a season where the Falcons look completely over matched/unprepared and get blown out.

The Browns game hurt too last year.. I had that as a easy W.. Was i ever shocked

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s not abnormal to be 8-10 points different between home and away.  

Last season we scored 22 ppg away and 31 ppg at home.

They go from the very best defense at home to the 21st ranked defense. That's a massive shift. 

PokerSteve and gazoo like this

There are months of football left to play and anything can happen to any team.

What happened 2 or 3 years ago doesn't matter for the 2019 season. Things change. Players, coaches, schemes.

The Falcons have a very good roster. It's just a matter of everything coming together at the right time.

vel likes this

I actually didn’t feel terrible about the game last week. They started looking a lot better toward the end, probably due to Minnesota knowing they had the game in hand already. That being said the o-line is what makes me chew my finger nails off. They looked absolutely awful. Run protection and pass protection. It was garbage. If that continues, this season is truly a wrap.

7 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I actually didn’t feel terrible about the game last week. They started looking a lot better toward the end, probably due to Minnesota knowing they had the game in hand already. That being said the o-line is what makes me chew my finger nails off. They looked absolutely awful. Run protection and pass protection. It was garbage. If that continues, this season is truly a wrap.

Yeah, when you've got O-line issues, blocked punts and a problem stopping the run....

Well, that's pretty much a wrap.

Hope they look completely different this week.

I'll be getting my drink on, cooking out, and dressed in red and black, regardless!

On 9/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, PokerSteve said:

Going into week Five 2-2 would be great. Wheels back on the asphalt and heading toward the checkered flag. A lighter, brighter TATF. :lol:

Edit: Yeah, going against Andrew next week we would quite likely be out of....wait for it.....Luck.  :ninja:

Agreed Steve, by week 5 we will have found and inserted the Cotter Pin! 

And we really Lucked out game 3 :) 

PokerSteve likes this

12 hours ago, vel said:

They go from the very best defense at home to the 21st ranked defense. That's a massive shift. 

That’s really good stuff on the research you did of Eagles at home vs the road. I had no idea that disparity existed with them

PokerSteve and vel like this