Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vel

Fear and Loathing in Atlanta: Rise Up Edition

125 posts in this topic

Worst game in the Dan Quinn era?

Oh no.  That's 28-3

Worst regular season game?  So many to choose from.

There's the Steelers game last season.  Steelers were in shambles before that game.  AB was struggling and other numerous issues that were all resolved when they played the Falcons and won 41-17.

The Pats 'revenge' game in 2017.  All we heard about was how they were super motivated for this game and what happened?  They forgot to show up.

2015 - Losing to the Luckless Colts?  Probably the 38-0 thumping from the Panthers but they got revenge later that season so we forget about it.

2016 was the aberration.

In 3 out of the 4 years Quinn has been here there has been at least 1 game a season where the Falcons look completely over matched/unprepared and get blown out.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Vel needs to go into the locker room and give this speech!

Man if this were a locker room, most of these guys would take their pads off and leave. Scared after one game. Never faced adversity. Ready to mail it in after one game. 

Too much talent on this team. We could have lost 50-0 and I'd still be ready to ride on Sunday. It's one game. One. Not several. Especially when you look at the steady players that put up trash games. I keep going back to that. Matt, Julio, Jake, and Freeman. Just those four guys accounted for three turnovers, several drops, and several sacks. Those guys have never had a bad game all at the same time. And not to this magnitude. But these guys want to make it out like this game is going to happen every week until January. They want drama. They are scary little boys. Thankfully they aren't the ones playing on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh no.  That's 28-3

There's the Steelers game last season.  Steelers were in shambles before that game.  AB was struggling and other numerous issues that were all resolved when they played the Falcons.

The Pats 'revenge' game in 2017.  All we heard about was how they were super motivated for this game and what happened?  They forgot to show up.

2015 - Losing to the Luckless Colts?  Probably the 38-0 thumping from the Panthers but they got revenge later that season so we forget about it.

2016 was the aberration.

In 3 out of the 4 years Quinn has been here there has been at least 1 game a season where the Falcons look completely over matched/unprepared and get blown out.

Regular season game. That's what I said. 

You can try and find other bad games. That's why I said arguably this was the worst one. None of those teams were as talented and healthy. Period. 

capitan and Godzilla1985 like this

They gonna come out swinging with vengeance. Any one who played competitive sports know after a humiliating loss, you take it to next level. I won’t be surprised if they come out with play off intensity. Home opener is best time to put all the chicken littles to rest.

vel, Drew4719, Tim Mazetti and 3 others like this

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh no.  That's 28-3

There's the Steelers game last season.  Steelers were in shambles before that game.  AB was struggling and other numerous issues that were all resolved when they played the Falcons.

2016 was the aberration.

And in all four years there's been at least one game where the Falcons dominated their opponent. Stop being so reactionary. Even the Pats have ****** games.

vel, rings639, capitan and 5 others like this

2 minutes ago, No.11 said:

And in all four years there's been at least one game where the Falcons dominated their opponent. Stop being so reactionary. Even the Pats have ****** games.

That's all this is. Reactionary drama. People want to drag others into their misery. I'm not going for it. Any given Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh no.  That's 28-3

There's the Steelers game last season.  Steelers were in shambles before that game.  AB was struggling and other numerous issues that were all resolved when they played the Falcons and won 41-17.

2016 was the aberration.

That's true for like almost every team in the league though. It's rare indeed that a team doesn't have at least one really bad performance all year. 

vel likes this

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

That's true for like almost every team in the league though. It's rare indeed that a team doesn't have at least one really bad performance all year. 

The Vikings lost 27-6 to the Buffalo Bills last year. It's stupid. Only the emotional fans think teams won't have terrible games at least once a year.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

The Vikings lost 27-6 to the Buffalo Bills last year. It's stupid. Only the emotional fans think teams won't have terrible games at least once a year.

Aints lost in Min opening season on Road in 2017. They won NFC south that year.

vel likes this

Sorry Vel, Falcons are about to get busted in the mouth..again. Schwartz is going to bring the house down with a ton of blitzes and Matt is going to do what he does FOLD. Same ol Falcons.

Edited by Jerz #Quinning
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

15 minutes ago, vel said:

Regular season game. That's what I said. 

You can try and find other bad games. That's why I said arguably this was the worst one. None of those teams were as talented and healthy. Period. 

You could argue that the 2017 team was pretty talented but I get what you're saying.

Let see how this team responds against a good Eagles team.

Drew4719, vel and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Sorry Vel, Falcons are about to get busted in the mouth..again. Schwartz is going to bring the house down with a ton of blitzes and Matt is going to do what he does FOLD. Same ol Falcons.

Except.... Schwartz doesn't blitz lol so where do you get that from. 

Also, when has Matt had two bad games? When's he had a bad week two? 

Bring the facts or keep your emotions elsewhere. Yall never been punched in the mouth and punched back and it shows. 

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You could argue that the 2017 team was pretty talented but I get what you're saying.

Let see how this team responds against a good Eagles team.

That's all I'm saying. If they roll over again, then I'm fully on board with calling for their heads. But since DQ has been here, they've usually responded. Especially in week two. There is too much talent for them to not respond so if they don't, yes count me in the group of them being weak, soft, etc. But they have rarely shown that. 

Flyin' In DC and PokerSteve like this

Just now, vel said:

Bring the facts or keep your emotions elsewhere. Yall never been punched in the mouth and punched back and it shows. 

Just watch, the blueprint is out on Matt. He is definitely going to bring pressure. I don’t care about the past when Ryan would bounce back after a bad game. Our lineup these next few weeks are brutal and this OL is still in its infancy stage. It makes too much sense not to blitz.

Falcons don’t represent me. I’ve been punched plenty of times and I’m still kickin. 

Eagles/Vikings type teams are simply poor matchups for our offense.  The silver lining is we outplayed the Eagles the last two time we played them.  Should have been 2-0 vs Eagles the last two years.  They whipped our butts in 2016, though

0-2 wouldn’t surprise or worry me.   With that said, 0-3 would be very concerning 

Drew4719, vel and NashvilleFalcon01 like this

I don’t have faith in this team, I’m expecting another embarrassment for the Falcons

Falcons will never win when it counts, I’m willing to bet you made similar posts last year right before the Browns game when they fell apart as soon as the expectation became they could contend.

Falcons are losers, but their my losers and I reserve the right to be negative because it helps me feel better.

But... Falcons gonna win the SuperBowl one day, I just hope I’m alive for it

Stray Dog THA GAWD and MAD597 like this

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Just watch, the blueprint is out on Matt. He is definitely going to bring pressure. I don’t care about the past when Ryan would bounce back after a bad game. Our lineup these next few weeks are brutal and this OL is still in its infancy stage. It makes too much sense not to blitz.

Falcons don’t represent me. I’ve been punched plenty of times and I’m still kickin. 

Lol Schwartz got burned blitzing Case Keenum to the turn of 12 yards per attempt on Sunday. He's never blitzed Ryan. 

You also can't say you don't care about the past but then use the past to say the blueprint is out on Matt. One game and the blueprint is out? What get pressure on the QB? Wow, what a revelation. That's the same for Brees, Brady, etc.

Soft.

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Eagles/Vikings type teams are simply poor matchups for our offense.  The silver lining is we outplayed the Eagles the last two time we played them.  Should have been 2-0 vs Eagles the last two years.  They whipped our butts in 2016, though

Exactly. And on the road both times. Both games were playoff matchups. Yes, they lost, but it was literally one play differences. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

I don’t have faith in this team, I’m expecting another embarrassment for the Falcons

Falcons will never win when it counts, I’m willing to bet you made similar posts last year right before the Browns game when they fell apart as soon as the expectation became they could contend.

Falcons are losers, but their my losers and I reserve the right to be negative because it helps me feel better.

But... Falcons gonna win the SuperBowl one day, I just hope I’m alive for it

Sounds about right. 

Soft. 

rings639 likes this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

Show me facts that support we should expect any of the following:

Matt Ryan Beating Eagles pass defense 

Falcons 100 yard rushing be eagles

Falcons defense stopping Run vs Eagles

Wins and Losses vs Eagles under Quinn

#Hopium