AllStarHandyMan

Minkah Fitzpatrick able to seek trade.

32 posts in this topic

Is this a person that can be brought in to help us? He is cheap and we are able to afford his contract. But might have to give up some higher draft picks to get him... 

I really dont know much about him.. other then what I read off people's "ranking" of cb..

So would this be a move you want to see.?

3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

He isn't a CB. He's a FS.

I haven't followed him much since he's been in the NFL because the Dolphins have been bad.

I was reading something this morning where he was complaining about being used incorrectly. He's been complaining about having to play SS mostly but has been playing 4 positions total. I always thought he was a CB. His mom was talking about it as well. I didn't completely read it but that's what I caught at quick glance.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was reading something this morning where he was complaining about being used incorrectly. He's been complaining about having to play SS mostly but has been playing 4 positions total. I always thought he was a CB. His mom was talking about it as well. I didn't completely read it but that's what I caught at quick glance.

Had no idea.

Only remembered him being drafted to play FS lol.

Fitzpatrick would be a pretty big CB that would fit the mold of what Quinn likes at CB if Oliver were to continue to struggle. I think he could also play FS so he does have versatility.

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Had no idea.

Only remembered him being drafted to play FS lol.

Fitzpatrick would be a pretty big CB that would fit the mold of what Quinn likes at CB if Oliver were to continue to struggle. I think he could also play FS so he does have versatility.

Yeah the dude is pretty versatile. He would probably play a similar role to Kazee if we brought him in. At Alabama he played mainly NB from what I saw, but he can play FS as well. 

I would be completely down for it. Dudes got talent and was one of the top prospects just a year ago. Provides a lot of flexibility for our secondary if we were able to somehow get him. Doubt we make a move though. 

Just now, Jesus said:

All these guys quitting on the Dolphins might not be the best guys to bring into a team atmosphere.

On most cases I would agree.. but the dolphins quit on them! Heck they quit on them for more then a few seasons ago... you dont improve your QB spot,Oline,WR,TE nothing... so I would try and to get some of the younger guys to mold them... dont get me wrong I dont know alot about Minkah Fitzpatrick.... but has to be able to beat what we have down the CB rotation..

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

All these guys quitting on the Dolphins might not be the best guys to bring into a team atmosphere.

That organization is submarining the team. They get what they deserve. The players should want to go to a better team. This dude has a pretty good gripe.

4 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

On most cases I would agree.. but the dolphins quit on them! Heck they quit on them for more then a few seasons ago... you dont improve your QB spot,Oline,WR,TE nothing... so I would try and to get some of the younger guys to mold them... dont get me wrong I dont know alot about Minkah Fitzpatrick.... but has to be able to beat what we have down the CB rotation..

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

That organization is submarining the team. They get what they deserve. The players should want to go to a better team. This dude has a pretty good gripe.

We don't know for sure that the Dolphins are tanking. That's just newsspeak. The players are upset but hey they were on the field last Sunday. The Ravens passing game destroyed this guy and the rest of the secondary.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

We don't know for sure that the Dolphins are tanking. That's just newsspeak. The players are upset but hey they were on the field last Sunday. The Ravens passing game destroyed this guy and the rest of the secondary.

They traded away their two best offensive players and Kiko Alonzo. They have Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB and 27 of their 53 players are on rookie contracts. There's now this:

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later.

The Dolphins have been, and will continue to be one of the leagues worst franchises.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Well I'm just looking at what I see from what the team are doing.. they have yet to try and really improve the team... the QB they had they kept and never tried to find anything better. Then if your gonna do that give him weapons!! They didnt do that.... heck the brown was none stop looking for a QB! Missed alot but they showed they where trying!! They messed up alot and now looked to be getting on track.... 

56 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

He isn't a CB. He's a FS.

I haven't followed him much since he's been in the NFL because the Dolphins have been bad.

He’s a nickel corner that’s where he plays best that’s why he wants a trade 

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m in, I’d trade for him immediately, start him at RCB

I agree with you guys but what are we willing to give up.  Dolphins want a 1st for him 

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

I agree with you guys but what are we willing to give up.  Dolphins want a 1st for him 

I’d do it. We are going all in this season. After this year, several guys are going to be cut. This is it, right here

KCFalcon22 and AllStarHandyMan like this

14 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

I would go unrealistically, balls to the wall, off-the-deep-end, ballistic if we got Fitzpatrick. Dude is a GAMER. 

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m in, I’d trade for him immediately, start him at RCB

39 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I would be completely down for it. Dudes got talent and was one of the top prospects just a year ago. Provides a lot of flexibility for our secondary if we were able to somehow get him. Doubt we make a move though. 

I would even try and do a madden kind of trade give up a full draft and Freeman. For 3 players Wilkins,Minkah Fitzpatrick,Drake... you get 3 starters for very cheap... and give up your next years draft!! (Still think Freeman has a little left) but not for his contract lol but you give them draft to free up money

NEVER WOULD HAPPEN but as a GM I would try lol ok done playing madden.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

13 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Well I'm just looking at what I see from what the team are doing.. they have yet to try and really improve the team... the QB they had they kept and never tried to find anything better. Then if your gonna do that give him weapons!! They didnt do that.... heck the brown was none stop looking for a QB! Missed alot but they showed they where trying!! They messed up alot and now looked to be getting on track.... 

It's something in the water in Miami. The Marlins did this years ago (twice!) After winning penants. 

There are teams that have had decades of suck (Bills, Browns, etc) players didn't jump ship after one game. There a lot going on behind the scenes to be sure. The thing with football is of you choose to tank it can be very dangerous to your health.

If it's true then the NFL should investigate for the integrity of the game.

Just now, Jesus said:

It's something in the water in Miami. The Marlins did this years ago (twice!) After winning penants. 

There are teams that have had decades of suck (Bills, Browns, etc) players didn't jump ship after one game. There a lot going on behind the scenes to be sure. The thing with football is of you choose to tank it can be very dangerous to your health.

If it's true then the NFL should investigate for the integrity of the game.

What might actually fix that problem is to go lottery style in the draft like the NBA does. Tank all you want, it doesn't guarantee you the 1st overall pick. 

Jesus likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

What might actually fix that problem is to go lottery style in the draft like the NBA does. Tank all you want, it doesn't guarantee you the 1st overall pick. 

Or let anyone sign players and get rid of the draft like all the previous lawsuits have argued. Of course that would destroy team's salaries and etc.

Just now, Jesus said:

Or let anyone sign players and get rid of the draft like all the previous lawsuits have argued. Of course that would destroy team's salaries and etc.

I would personally hate that. I love the draft and I actually like the Franchise tag too. I wish the NBA had one. Superteams are bad for the sport but that's JMO

Oliver is a guy they spent a 2nd round pick on. He had a late 1st round grade by several experts heading into that draft. He’s made just ONE start at CB, and that was in the first game of the season when things haven’t totally gelled yet, w/ both safeties getting back to speed after missing basically all of last season, and against what some consider to be one of the best WR duos in the entire NFL.

I have a very, very, very hard time seeing TD & DQ giving up on Oliver so soon like so many here are already doing.

Considering they also drafted 2 CBs this offseason and have Kazee coming off a promising season, I highly doubt they’d make a trade for Fitzpatrick.

slick0ne likes this

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I dont like that style.. but in the nfl I see that it could work! Because yes you have them "easy to spot" beast!! But you also have so many more players that can easily be that... unlike the NBA if you not top 5 then you most likely not getting anything...

Jesus likes this

1 minute ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I dont like that style.. but in the nfl I see that it could work! Because yes you have them "easy to spot" beast!! But you also have so many more players that can easily be that... unlike the NBA if you not top 5 then you most likely not getting anything...

Yea. But when a guy like Trevor Lawrence is coming...just watch 

AllStarHandyMan likes this