Kayoh

If Blank blows it up, who do you want him to target?

8 posts in this topic

curious what the board thinks.

Here are my choices (based purely in fantasy, I know, but I'm forever a delusional optimist) with brief explanations-

GM: Sashi Brown - I truly believe that no GM/scouting staff is better at actually identifying talent than any other GM/scouting staff, but Sashi's strategy of just accumulating picks and value is something that I was a huge fan of. Knowing that we already have a QB in place, his willingness to trade down like crazy and just accrue tons of draft capital with the idea being that even if you aren't better percentage wise than the rest of the league, you'll have the most picks and therefore the most hits, is very appealing to me.

HC: Todd Monken - loved his decision making for Tampa in 2018 and wish he would be calling plays for Cleveland this year. The fact that he isn't a HC this year is a crying shame but that just means he'll be available to look at for the job come February.

OC: Kendal Briles - I want Monken for his decision making but I want Briles for his scheme. This dude understands how to get the most out of an offense and how to take advantage of what defenses are expecting you to do on any given play. His use of play action is also something unheard of in the NFL over the course of a full season, and would rival that of Dallas and Tennessee in week 1 of this year, only over an actual full season.

DC: Dave Aranda - talk about an innovator. I love his mind for X's and O's and his willingness to think outside the box and adapt on the fly. Runs a tite/double eagle defense that focuses on stopping runs between the tackles with 4 guys (a 0 tech NT, two 3 techs, and an off ball LB), forcing runs to go east-west, playing tons of nickel/dime/quarter to get his best coverage players on the field, and gang tackling. Defenses go from whatever they were doing before (usually irrelevant or middling) to elite when he shows up. Give him a team full of fast NFL talent to work with and I think he could produce something truly special.

Don't know enough about front office possibilities, but would really be interested in Lincoln Riley as HC and a veteran DC

On 9/13/2019 at 4:41 AM, Smiler11 said:

I don't think TD and DQ come as a pair. I could see TD staying on regardless of what happens to DQ.

I think TD is gone before Quinn, if anything.

edit: Lol, nah.

Edited by cam-marino

11 hours ago, cam-marino said:

I think TD is gone before Quinn, if anything.

I doubt it. TD was here before and he'll be here after DQ. He's a top 5 GM in the league, two-time executive of the year and very well respected around the league. 

Man if we were going to get rid of TD Bill Polian’s my guy.

Been there seen it done it.Won Lost Built from scratch and had success in multiple places.Experience is what I’d replace TD with.

Coach DC I want to build from the front.

Rod Marinelli is a guy I’d look at Jim Schwartz is another I’d look at guys who build and are renown for having aggressive front 4s.

OC it would never happen but KS showed what this team could look like you marry that up with an aggressive defensive front 4 that would be me.

LSU's defense consistently underachieves. The good players are a product or talent more than anything imho. Don't get that interest.

Briles and Monken are interesting. Doubt Blank takes that chance though. Also not sure Monken has what it takes to be a HC in this league yet. But they're fun names to toss about.

Still looking at people personally, but apparently Zimmer is on a short leash in Minnesota. I'd love having him back as DC if he gets the axe.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, Francis York Morgan said:

LSU's defense consistently underachieves. The good players are a product or talent more than anything imho. Don't get that interest.

Briles and Monken are interesting. Doubt Blank takes that chance though. Also not sure Monken has what it takes to be a HC in this league yet. But they're fun names to toss about.

Still looking at people personally, but apparently Zimmer is on a short leash in Minnesota. I'd love having him back as DC if he gets the axe.

Zimmer's defense requires elite personnel to be effective.