UGABOZ

If we start 0-2 we don't climb out of it!

127 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

These types of threads are freakin old and tired.  There are 31 other teams some of you fairweather fans can go cheer for.  I have a great feeling about our birds bouncing back this Sunday night with a W!

A fairweather fan just sits on their hand puts up with crappy teams. If you were a real fan you would not accept this crappy team and youd demand better.

Supporting crap isnt being a real fan

45 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

A fairweather fan just sits on their hand puts up with crappy teams. If you were a real fan you would not accept this crappy team and youd demand better.

Mad, I disagree totally. A fair weather fan hates or doesn’t support on their team when they are down. A true fan supports the team regardless. 

Although I don’t appreciate a losing team, I still support to a certain degree. I will agree it’s NOT acceptable for a fan to “just accept losing.” If a product continues being garbage it could eventually be sold off or simply just goes away.

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

yet you comment in it. just ignore or skip pal

You’re added to my list.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Should have already put you on my list for sure.  You complain about something you don’t have the power to change is truly pathetic but hey enjoy your unsuccessful *****ing and moaning!!!

gazoo likes this

42 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Mad, I disagree totally. A fair weather fan hates or doesn’t support on their team when they are down. A true fan supports the team regardless. 

Although I don’t appreciate a losing team, I still support to a certain degree. I will agree it’s NOT acceptable for a fan to “just accept losing.” If a product continues being garbage it could eventually be sold off or simply just goes away.

If you accept losing and keep giving money to AB even when they put crap on the field you are telling the Franchise its ok to suck. You are part of the problem.

After more than 50 years of crap the city would be better of shuffling the Falcons to St Louis and starting over with an expansion team.

The Falcons have no historical significance to this city other than losing in horrible ways.

Agreed. The good news is that Matt Ryan is 10-1 at home in season openers. Funny enough, the only year Matt Ryan lost a season opener we went to the Super Bowl. More of my analysis on the Eagles and Colts coming right up once I drive home.

On 9/13/2019 at 0:03 AM, ChickenBiscuit said:

You could've just ended the post there. Nothing really justifies or makes that better except a Super Bowl.

There was no weaker showing in 2016 than the Falcons losing the Super Bowl, except for the other 30 teams and 1590 other NFL players who were sitting on their couches watching it who weren’t good enough to be there themselves.

other than every single team in the NFL than the Patriots, the Falcons were the weakest.

Some of you fellers here in the boards have such deep perspective

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

There was no weaker showing in 2016 than the Falcons losing the Super Bowl, except for the other 30 teams and 1590 other NFL players who were sitting on their couches watching it who weren’t good enough to be there themselves.

other than every single team in the NFL than the Patriots, the Falcons were the weakest.

Losing to GB two weeks earlier would have been a better outcome than 28-3. Thats a franchise killing collapse.

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You've been wrong such a gross amount of times, I don't think really need your advice on 'deep perspective' but thanks 

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

12 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

You've been wrong such a gross amount of times, I don't think really need your advice on 'deep perspective' but thanks 

Uhh, gee, duH, Falcons beat our 30 other NFL teams and lose in overtime by 7 points in the Super Bowl against the best team of our generation, but are the weakest in NFL! 

brilliant! 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Uhh, gee, duH, Falcons beat our 30 other NFL teams and lose in overtime by 7 points in the Super Bowl against the best team of our generation, but are the weakest in NFL! 

brilliant! 

99.6% chance to win that game going into the 4th quarter. 25 pt lead, by far the hugest lead held by any losing team in Super Bowl history. Thew blew it.

See how framing makes all the difference? and stop straw-manning, it's all you're good at it. I never said we were the "weakest".

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

:slick:

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You’re added to my list.

Should have already put you on my list for sure.  You complain about something you don’t have the power to change is truly pathetic but hey enjoy your unsuccessful *****ing and moaning!!!

you are still here ?

11 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

99.6% chance to win that game going into the 4th quarter. 25 pt lead, by far the hugest lead held by any losing team in Super Bowl history. Thew blew it.

See how framing makes all the difference? and stop straw-manning, it's all you're good at it. I never said we were the "weakest".

In order to lose a Super Bowl in overtime by 6 points to the best team of our generation and best team in NFL history, you have to first beat out 30 other NFL teams, you also have to have played that team head to head toe to toe, matched their brilliance and ability dead even for 4 quarters in biggest game of the year.

We outplayed them for 3/4ers and they outplayed us 1 quarter. 

You are ignoring the fact it was a very close, competitive 4 quarter plus OT game.

4 hours ago, SoldMySoul said:

so saying if we start 0-2 and could be bad is not a good fan lol? Truth hurts man

15 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

so saying if we start 0-2 and could be bad is not a good fan lol? Truth hurts man

If the Falcons lose tonight it does not bode well for the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

If the Falcons lose tonight it does not bode well for the rest of the season.

ok

Just now, gazoo said:

In order to lose a Super Bowl in overtime by 6 points to the best team of our generation and best team in NFL history, you have to first beat out 30 other NFL teams, you also have to have played that team head to head toe to toe, matched their brilliance and ability dead even for 4 quarters in biggest game of the year.

We outplayed them for 3/4ers and they outplayed us 1 quarter. 

You are ignoring the fact it was a very close, competitive 4 quarter plus OT game.

Every failure was actually a success, cool. anything else but the trophy does not matter. Do you think Bills fans care that they made the Super Bowl 4x in a row? 

Unless you get the trophy, no one cares. It was a good effort and you can celebrate Ls through your 'deep perspective' but I'll stick to calling it how I see it.

36 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

28 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Apparently accepting any crap this team puts on the field is the Mark of a true fan. My time and money is worth more than the effort this team has put into its games lately.

I guess this fan base enjoys suffering.

@Atlantafan21 You are correct about our issues against the AFC. It actually goes as far back as 2013. Since 2013, the Falcons have lost every AFC home game except for the Houston Texans in 2015, which was Dan Quinn's 1st AFC home game and only AFC home win as our head coach, and we ended up in the Super Bowl in Houston the following year. So yeah. We've truly been that bad at home vs. AFC opponents for the past 6 or 7 seasons. 2012 was the last time the Falcons had success at home vs. the AFC. Matt Ryan started 9-1 at home vs AFC opponents his first 5 seasons. Since then he's 1-11. 

Atlantafan21 likes this

Quinn is behind the 8 ball.  Seahawks and 49ers are 2-0.  I’ve been waiting years for the revenge game against Shanahan.  And he better not put Blair Walsh in against the Seahawks.

2 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

then why are you replying to me instead of the guy that actually said it?

You are right, I saw a quote I thought was attributed to you. You are a much smarter poster than to have said that so I should have known better.

I just think our players played their hearts out that game and poor clock management coupled with a lot of luck ( patriot receivers catches passes with their buttocks for instance) is wha lost the game. 

I see too many posters shame our players for that game, and I find it repulsive.  

35 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You are right, I saw a quote I thought was attributed to you. You are a much smarter poster than to have said that so I should have known better.

I just think our players played their hearts out that game and poor clock management coupled with a lot of luck ( patriot receivers catches passes with their buttocks for instance) is wha lost the game. 

I see too many posters shame our players for that game, and I find it repulsive.  

100%. The players came out and WON THEIR MATCHUPS. Which is all you can ask of them. The coaches gameplan worked, and when it didn't, their stuck to their guns and ended up losing for it.

It was a mix of coaching incompetency, luck and exhaustion. It was the perfect storm for a choke, but that does not mean that the PLAYERS are mentally weak. It's just that when I hear someone say "yeah we blew a 25 pt lead BUT" it's almost like there's nothing justifies the previous statement. There's nothing that justifies blowing that huge of a opportunity, and the only way you can make it better is by winning and proving people wrong. But the PLAYERS aren't mentally weak, the players are guys that have worked their whole lives to be in this position. 

gazoo likes this