UGABOZ

If we start 0-2 we don't climb out of it!

127 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, cyofish said:

It was mostly 1 or 2 games being out of place on defense and miscommunication on offense.  Jake Matthews is at best an average LT.  He benefited from the Matthews pedigree but Taylor Llewan had better combine and measurables.  He also has the nastiness you want in an OL.  The pundits said Llewan in the top 15 was a reach but he didn't grade out as well as Matthews. It turned out to have a better pro career than Matthews. 

Matthews has been better than lewan..

By nearly every measure he has been better

vel likes this

2 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

They can climb out of 0-2. It all depends on how competitive the game is. If they almost win or it's close, there's hope. If they get beat as to where it's over by halftime, you can start looking at next season.

For sure, how they play will be a much better indicator than the result. Plenty of teams have climbed out of an 0-2 start. Eagles are a legit SB contender so dropping a close one to them would prove we can at least compete at a high level this year. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Matthews has been better than lewan..

By nearly every measure he has been better

I just ignored that post lol Lewan is good. Yes he has Pro Bowls. But in a weak conference for LT play. Matthews is stuck behind guys like Peters, Armstead, Bahktiari, Williams, Whitworth.

falconsd56 likes this

5 hours ago, vel said:

Lol yall can be pessimistic. But if they were mentally weak, they would have wallowed in their misery after the worst SB collapse. Them losing that game wasn't mentally weak, that was stupid coaching. 

And yes two seasons ago. Want last season? They could have tanked and folded after all of the injuries but found a way to fight and win some games late. 2015, in the middle of a midseason skid that they were 6-1, they found a way to ruin Carolina's 15-0 record by beating them. 

Mentally weak? No. Several examples. 

You better have a successful marriage with all this extra loyalty you got man cause honestly it couldn't be me. The pessimism is a defense mechanism, I'm not getting invested.

They could turn it around. I would not bet on it. I wouldn't mind eating some crow, though. I'd prefer it, actually.

PokerSteve likes this

13 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

While I think we’re more talented than each and every one of those teams, you know we have trouble with AFC teams. We’ve gone 1-7 against AFC teams the past two years and haven’t beaten one at home since 2015. Those games won’t be easy at all especially for us. 

3-1 vs AFC South 2015 and 2011

Atlantafan21 likes this

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

You're right. We did get back to the play-offs in 2017, but that came by playing in a league with only about 8 teams out of 32 that don't suck and still having the MVP QB and just about all the players on an offense that was the 7th best of all-time the year prior.

The Falcons weren't going back to the SB in 2017. They certainly weren't going to beat the Patriots if by some miracle they did make it back. They underlined that by self-destructing on the Phillie's goal line to end their season.

This year's team needs to step it up and show they're among the handful capable of making a deep run. They can't afford to play the sloppy, penalty and turnover-filled game Sunday they trotted out last week. They can do it, right? These players are who we think they are, right? Rise Up! Get your respect back. Show the world what you're made of.

Matt Ryan plays much better during even years.

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan plays much better during even years.

The hale you say. This ain't an even year. OMG Is Tyrod Taylor still out there somewhere??!  :(

20 hours ago, vel said:

Mentally weak? Blew a 28-3 lead and was the only NFC team to return to the postseason, beat a good Rams team on the road, and was one play away from a return to the NFCCG. 

Please. Try harder. 

lol you are kidding right

20 hours ago, rings639 said:

If we start 0-2, we then play the Colts, Titans, Texans and Cardinals.  Should go 3-1 in that stretch at worst.  We will be fine.

not at all 3-1 in that stretch would be luck

11 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Why were we down big? Because we had a punt blocked, threw an Interception on our side of the field, a fumble in the redzone, 2 Drives inside FG range derailed by penalties and an INT on the goalline...

Ryan rarely has multi interception games, Punt blocks rarely happen, Fumbles rarely happen and penalties can be corrected.

Everything that could go wrong...did go wrong. Yet it was 14-14 after the first few minutes of the game the rest of the way. (If we just kicked XPs)

but feel free to continue to let the sky fall.

I team not prepared is a team also mentally weak but feel free to live in a dream world

3 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

I team not prepared is a team also mentally weak but feel free to live in a dream world

Stick to watching college football.

6 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

These two things have nothing to do with each other.  Preparing allows you to go into a game knowing what their tendencies are, what they do and having a game plan for that.  If/when that doesn’t go as planned, mental toughness allows you to adapt and overcome obstacles you didn’t foresee being there.  You can be prepared and mentally soft, you can be unprepared and be mentally tough.

5 hours ago, rings639 said:

These two things have nothing to do with each other.  Preparing allows you to go into a game knowing what their tendencies are, what they do and having a game plan for that.  If/when that doesn’t go as planned, mental toughness allows you to adapt and overcome obstacles you didn’t foresee being there.  You can be prepared and mentally soft, you can be unprepared and be mentally tough.

they do go together and work hand in hand.

2 hours ago, kschreck said:

MB sports psychiatry at it's finnest. 

Yeah, my bad, I get annoyed when people make absurd statements.  Bad opinions are everywhere, but those debates will go on forever, so I took some low hanging fruit lol

We need to use our YOung Guns at RB,,  I've always been Frees number one fan from the day we drafted him.. But we need to take acvantage of letting our bigger backs do some pounding in the first half,, Get the opposing DLs wore down,, and use Free in the 2nd half of the games...  They need to reallize that Hill and Ollison would be better in the first half of the game ,, Come on Quinn,, use that Brain man.. Play smart,, 

vel and Jerz #Quinning like this

These types of threads are freakin old and tired.  There are 31 other teams some of you fairweather fans can go cheer for.  I have a great feeling about our birds bouncing back this Sunday night with a W!

vel likes this

The OP reads a bit like click bait...BUT...since 1990 teams that start 0-2 have 12% rate of making the playoffs. Not desperation time but it’s within sight. 

Upwards of 80% of teams that start 0-2 miss the playoffs.

Got beat to it but yeah

Edited by HEIST

20 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

These types of threads are freakin old and tired.  There are 31 other teams some of you fairweather fans can go cheer for.  I have a great feeling about our birds bouncing back this Sunday night with a W!

yet you comment in it. just ignore or skip pal