UGABOZ

If we start 0-2 we don't climb out of it!

127 posts in this topic

Just now, MAD597 said:

The only thing soft is this team, the fans aren't the ones folding like lawn chairs on the field.

Lol one game and they're soft. You'll sold. Like Long Shot said, there are 31 other teams to root for. Other historically bad teams to root for. Other fan bases for you to join. 

Your fandom is fragile. It's that simple. And yes, I'm calling you out on it. 

TheTrue7, Dr Long Shot and athell like this

10 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

People just have sort of forgotten that we looked like a sloppy team with a lethargic offense in 2017. We weren't a defensive team or an offensive team, we just looked like a regressed team that had lost it's identity. We squeezed out a lot of those games on pure talent and the Sarkisian hire was a disaster. No one (outside of Gazoo and the usual homers) expected us to go deep into the playoffs past Philly and Minnesota. And even then, would we have beaten the Patriots after they dismantled us in the regular season?

Like, even if we go off the 2017 season -- that **** was still an out-of-funk team that looked like it sorely missed it's former OC. And Quinn was showing a lot of the same flaws that he's showing now: a tendency to be out-coached, a huge amount of penalties and a mediocre defense of which he was supposed to improve.

You're right. We did get back to the play-offs in 2017, but that came by playing in a league with only about 8 teams out of 32 that don't suck and still having the MVP QB and just about all the players on an offense that was the 7th best of all-time the year prior.

The Falcons weren't going back to the SB in 2017. They certainly weren't going to beat the Patriots if by some miracle they did make it back. They underlined that by self-destructing on the Phillie's goal line to end their season.

This year's team needs to step it up and show they're among the handful capable of making a deep run. They can't afford to play the sloppy, penalty and turnover-filled game Sunday they trotted out last week. They can do it, right? These players are who we think they are, right? Rise Up! Get your respect back. Show the world what you're made of.

2 hours ago, vel said:

Lol yall can be pessimistic. But if they were mentally weak, they would have wallowed in their misery after the worst SB collapse. Them losing that game wasn't mentally weak, that was stupid coaching. 

And yes two seasons ago. Want last season? They could have tanked and folded after all of the injuries but found a way to fight and win some games late. 2015, in the middle of a midseason skid that they were 6-1, they found a way to ruin Carolina's 15-0 record by beating them. 

Mentally weak? No. Several examples. 

I don't think they are mentally weak, just weak period as in they lack toughness.

It's proven every time they face a physical team. I just commented because I found it odd we should care about 2017. Especially when the team that ended their season is the same team they play this Sunday. The same team that physically dominated them then and last year.

43 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol one game and they're soft. You'll sold. Like Long Shot said, there are 31 other teams to root for. Other historically bad teams to root for. Other fan bases for you to join. 

Your fandom is fragile. It's that simple. And yes, I'm calling you out on it. 

Falcons players going through some of the most arduous training and preparation in the world week in and week out just so they can put their health and career on the line every play going up against some of the most finely tuned and coached athletes in any sport, and this guy throwing a hissy fit because the tv show he enjoys watching once a week while chowing down on Doritos doesn't go his way. Ironic doesn't quite do it justice. 

vel likes this

14 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

This team overall is small, slow, and weak in the trenches. Agree lets put the sota game behind us. But then again ask yourself why we were down big. We have a lot of work to do Sunday. The mind set of this team will be broke if we start 0-2. We are not beating indy next week.

So if they do win and they are 1-1, they win the super bowl?

vel likes this

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't think they are mentally weak, just weak period as in they lack toughness.

It's proven every time they face a physical team. I just commented because I found it odd we should care about 2017. Especially when the team that ended their season is the same team they play this Sunday. The same team that physically dominated them then and last year.

Physically dominated? To the turn of 15 and 18 points? Lol come on. Neal catches and INT, they win the first game. Sark calls a competent playcall on the goal line, they win. But physically dominated? Right...

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Physically dominated? To the turn of 15 and 18 points? Lol come on. Neal catches and INT, they win the first game. Sark calls a competent playcall on the goal line, they win. But physically dominated? Right...

They were pushed around, you don't gotta get blown out for it to happen. They scored 15 and 18 points and won, our offense got physically dominated. If we didn't blow a 25 point lead we'd have been champs, it's don't win you games.

Guess it's my imagination that things don't go well against teams like that.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

They were pushed around, you don't gotta get blown out for it to happen. 

Guess it's my imagination that things don't go well against teams like that.

They weren't. 

2017: Eagles ran for 3 ypc. Falcons ran for 4.3 ypc. Eagles had 3 sacks to Falcons 1. It was fairly even.

2018 they ran on them a bit more but it wasn't for a lack of physicality. That was a brawl of a game. Just go back and watch it and not rely on memory. That was a playoff game. Freeman was averaging 6 yards a carry by himself. Sark just didn't stick with it. 

The Falcons play physical. Last Sunday is an aberration my man. 

PokerSteve, Malachore and athell like this

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

So we are hanging our hats on 2 seasons ago?

That's taking his response out of context.  He wants to call out a man for being mentally weak, I sure would think 2 years ago would be a relevant part of that conversation.

We do have some mentally weak posters around here that can't handle a bad game.  Some of these guys experience more emotional highs and lows than my 12 year old daughter.  Good thing the Falcon's organization isn't so mentally weak.

Personally I'll reserve judgement until after 3-4 games have been played.

vel, Malachore and RING OF HONOR like this

Just now, vel said:

They weren't. 

2017: Eagles ran for 3 ypc. Falcons ran for 4.3 ypc. Eagles had 3 sacks to Falcons 1. It was fairly even.

2018 they ran on them a bit more but it wasn't for a lack of physicality. That was a brawl of a game. Just go back and watch it and not rely on memory. That was a playoff game. Freeman was averaging 6 yards a carry by himself. Sark just didn't stick with it. 

The Falcons play physical. Last Sunday is an aberration my man. 

I certainly hope you're right and we find out this Sunday for sure.

Good talk. 

RING OF HONOR, vel and PokerSteve like this

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I certainly hope you're right and we find out this Sunday for sure.

Good talk. 

I agree. If they get steamrolled on Sunday, count me in on calling this a soft group. I was just as pissed as anybody about what happened Sunday. I've struggled to even watch that game. But those kinds of games happen every year for every team. It's all about bouncing back.

9 minutes ago, kschreck said:

That's taking his response out of context.  He wants to call out a man for being mentally weak, I sure would think 2 years ago would be a relevant part of that conversation.

We do have some mentally weak posters around here that can't handle a bad game.  Some of these guys experience more emotional highs and lows than my 12 year old daughter.  Good thing the Falcon's organization isn't so mentally weak.

Personally I'll reserve judgement until after 3-4 games have been played.

I'm not gonna lie I've been worse the past couple years, that Super Bowl really messed me up as dumb as it sounds.

PokerSteve, kschreck, athell and 1 other like this

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm not gonna lie I've been worse the past couple years, that Super Bowl really messed me up as dumb as it sounds.

Doesn't sound dumb at all.  Honestly, it pissed me off more than it should and forced me to have my own "Come to Jesus" meeting with myself and realize a football team should not have that much of an impact on how I feel.  It's just not worth it.

PokerSteve, nomak, Malachore and 1 other like this

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

For me it amplified my expectation that if something can go wrong it will when it comes to Falcons' football.  It was already pretty high before ....

21 minutes ago, athell said:

Doesn't sound dumb at all.  Honestly, it pissed me off more than it should and forced me to have my own "Come to Jesus" meeting with myself and realize a football team should not have that much of an impact on how I feel.  It's just not worth it.

The range of emotion I felt that day was unlike any other. I was so drained mentally I had my own epiphany. Now I just laugh.

8 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

The range of emotion I felt that day was unlike any other. I was so drained mentally I had my own epiphany. Now I just laugh.

I had a house full of people which in retrospect is the only reason I probably didn't break something or many things lol

Instead everyone hurried out, quietly, because I was freaking devastated.  I couldn't even watch the end.  Then I realized a grown *** man should probably not be behaving like this and my life has been better, especially on Sundays, for it.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

I had a house full of people which in retrospect is the only reason I probably didn't break something or many things lol

Instead everyone hurried out, quietly, because I was freaking devastated.  I couldn't even watch the end.  Then I realized a grown *** man should probably not be behaving like this and my life has been better, especially on Sundays, for it.

It's a tv show, period. People who are too involved need to take a step back and reflect, just as you did. Personally I enjoy the hobby whether we are good or bad, for example, some of my fondest memories as a Falcons fan were during the 2000 season which is the last year I lived in Atlanta. We went 4-12 that season, and it's by any metric one of the most disappointing seasons in our franchise's history, but for me personally, it was the last year I lived in Atlanta and my brother and I went to every home game and got great seats for cheap, so despite the results I'll always cherish the memory of spending that quality time with my family sharing something we both loved; watching some of the worlds greatest athletes compete in a world-class arena. 

It perplexes me that fans of pro sports today feel "entitled" to a championship as if every other team in that league doesn't have their own fanbases and aren't facing the exact same pressures to achieve the exact same goal by pouring insane amounts of money and effort into it. In the NFLm just from a statistical perspective, it is so unlikely any one team wins a championship the that it really is pretty much luck that decides it most of the time.  Of course part of the fun of being a fan of anything is being able to criticize and discuss, and I'm not dogging those who do that, but the ones that get emotional and demand things from this team need to check themselves. The team owes no individual fan a single thing, and if you are truly so disgusted with the team then just stop supporting it. Personally, I'll always choose to support this team because I grew up in Atlanta, and love the city and all the memories it gave me, and whether we are the next Browns or the next Pats I'll still be grateful for the fact that there is a team out there repping the A and fighting it out in one of the most competitive leagues in the world every Sunday. 

athell likes this

It was mostly 1 or 2 games being out of place on defense and miscommunication on offense.  Jake Matthews is at best an average LT.  He benefited from the Matthews pedigree but Taylor Llewan had better combine and measurables.  He also has the nastiness you want in an OL.  The pundits said Llewan in the top 15 was a reach but he didn't grade out as well as Matthews. It turned out to have a better pro career than Matthews. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It's a tv show, period. People who are too involved need to take a step back and reflect, just as you did. Personally I enjoy the hobby whether we are good or bad, for example, some of my fondest memories as a Falcons fan were during the 2000 season which is the last year I lived in Atlanta. We went 4-12 that season, and it's by any metric one of the most disappointing seasons in our franchise's history, but for me personally, it was the last year I lived in Atlanta and my brother and I went to every home game and got great seats for cheap, so despite the results I'll always cherish the memory of spending that quality time with my family sharing something we both loved; watching some of the worlds greatest athletes compete in a world-class arena. 

It perplexes me that fans of pro sports today feel "entitled" to a championship as if every other team in that league doesn't have their own fanbases and aren't facing the exact same pressures to achieve the exact same goal by pouring insane amounts of money and effort into it. In the NFLm just from a statistical perspective, it is so unlikely any one team wins a championship the that it really is pretty much luck that decides it most of the time.  Of course part of the fun of being a fan of anything is being able to criticize and discuss, and I'm not dogging those who do that, but the ones that get emotional and demand things from this team need to check themselves. The team owes no individual fan a single thing, and if you are truly so disgusted with the team then just stop supporting it. Personally, I'll always choose to support this team because I grew up in Atlanta, and love the city and all the memories it gave me, and whether we are the next Browns or the next Pats I'll still be grateful for the fact that there is a team out there repping the A and fighting it out in one of the most competitive leagues in the world every Sunday. 

Well said