UGABOZ

If we start 0-2 we don't climb out of it!

127 posts in this topic

This team overall is small, slow, and weak in the trenches. Agree lets put the sota game behind us. But then again ask yourself why we were down big. We have a lot of work to do Sunday. The mind set of this team will be broke if we start 0-2. We are not beating indy next week.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

We started 6-1 in 2015 and finished 8-8. 

The only people that are soft and broken are the fans. 

hope you are right but this team is mentally weak like the coach and the sad thing is after a terrible season the schedule is rough.

0-2 is not good. 0-2 verses two potential playoff teams you may need to finish ahead of to make the playoffs is even worse. Who you lose to is often more important that when you lose. Losing to Eagles and Vikings could be the difference between getting in with 10 wins...or needing 11. 

That said, the Eagles secondary looked very suspect. I'm not willing to put this game in the loss column without playing it. Let's tee it up and see what happens. 

Just now, rings639 said:

If we start 0-2, we then play the Colts, Titans, Texans and Cardinals.  Should go 3-1 in that stretch at worst.  We will be fine.

While I think we’re more talented than each and every one of those teams, you know we have trouble with AFC teams. We’ve gone 1-7 against AFC teams the past two years and haven’t beaten one at home since 2015. Those games won’t be easy at all especially for us. 

Turnovers were the real issue on Sunday. Tighten those up and don't put the defense in precarious positions. Protect the football, get the run game going, and we should be able to win a tough fought game.

32 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

While I think we’re more talented than each and every one of those teams, you know we have trouble with AFC teams. We’ve gone 1-7 against AFC teams the past two years and haven’t beaten one at home since 2015. Those games won’t be easy at all especially for us. 

Normally that’s true, but all four of those games will be in a dome, we tend to struggle more outdoors.

1 minute ago, rings639 said:

Normally that’s true, but all four of those games will be in a dome, we tend to struggle more outdoors.

Fun fact(although not really), we’re 0-6 in dome games against the AFC since 2016 and 3-3 outdoors. If u go back to 2015, it goes to 1-7 in domes and 5-3 outdoors. So weirdly enough, we’ve actually done better outdoors against AFC teams outdoors than indoors. 

mqg96 and rings639 like this

16 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Fun fact(although not really), we’re 0-6 in dome games against the AFC since 2016 and 3-3 outdoors. If u go back to 2015, it goes to 1-7 in domes and 5-3 outdoors. So weirdly enough, we’ve actually done better outdoors against AFC teams outdoors than indoors. 

Well I’ll be dammed.

Just now, rings639 said:

Well I’ll be dammed.

Yeah I’m not saying this to be pessimistic, I’m just saying everyone should be cautious when it comes to us against supposedly inferior AFC teams. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah I’m not saying this to be pessimistic, I’m just saying everyone should be cautious when it comes to us against supposedly inferior AFC teams. 

I live in Cleveland, so I know our struggles vs the afc north very well.  Was more surprised about the record in afc dome teams.

Tim Mazetti and Atlantafan21 like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Mentally weak? Blew a 28-3 lead and was the only NFC team to return to the postseason, beat a good Rams team on the road, and was one play away from a return to the NFCCG. 

Please. Try harder. 

You could've just ended the post there. Nothing really justifies or makes that better except a Super Bowl.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Mentally weak? Blew a 28-3 lead and was the only NFC team to return to the postseason, beat a good Rams team on the road, and was one play away from a return to the NFCCG. 

Please. Try harder. 

So we are hanging our hats on 2 seasons ago?

Honestly, if we start 0-2 we are Hive sop dap because there are 14 more games the could be butter down the mountain. Mental toughness? More like swift and fts and  running out of nonsense to add to this thread

1 hour ago, tywreezy33 said:

Turnovers were the real issue on Sunday. Tighten those up and don't put the defense in precarious positions. Protect the football, get the run game going, and we should be able to win a tough fought game.

Pretty sure the real issue was them averaging 5.2 ypc when we knew they were going to run the ball.

Here is truth!!!

We beat Philly and the Taints take that *** whipping from the Rams, that is huge!!!

Beating the Eagles must be done!

If the above happens, the Falcons will fly straight.

The Suckaneers and Panties should not cause concern!

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So we are hanging our hats on 2 seasons ago?

Well last year was a fluke year with an insane amount of Injuries.  This year is only one game in.  So two years ago is the most we have to go off of on what we could be.  Not sure why that’s so far fetched.

12 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Well last year was a fluke year with an insane amount of Injuries.  This year is only one game in.  So two years ago is the most we have to go off of on what we could be.  Not sure why that’s so far fetched.

People just have sort of forgotten that we looked like a sloppy team with a lethargic offense in 2017. We weren't a defensive team or an offensive team, we just looked like a regressed team that had lost it's identity. We squeezed out a lot of those games on pure talent and the Sarkisian hire was a disaster. No one (outside of Gazoo and the usual homers) expected us to go deep into the playoffs past Philly and Minnesota. And even then, would we have beaten the Patriots after they dismantled us in the regular season?

Like, even if we go off the 2017 season -- that **** was still an out-of-funk team that looked like it sorely missed it's former OC. And Quinn was showing a lot of the same flaws that he's showing now: a tendency to be out-coached, a huge amount of penalties and a mediocre defense of which he was supposed to improve.

PokerSteve and Jerz #Quinning like this

35 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Pretty sure the real issue was them averaging 5.2 ypc when we knew they were going to run the ball.

Just another spot to tighten up. Control the edges. This should've been a focus at half and I believe it was.