thirdnlong

Thursday Night Football

239 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Winston is not a bad Q.B

Hes carved up Falcons defense at will every freakin time.

He just has bad offensive line & average WRs besides Evan's/Godwin (no one else) 

 

Sure man. That’s why year 5 is a make or break year for him contractually. He may not even be back in Tampa next year. They’re hoping Arians can “fix” him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Winston is not a bad Q.B

Hes carved up Falcons defense at will every freakin time.

He just has bad offensive line & average WRs besides Evan's/Godwin (no one else) 

 

Also, carving up an Atlanta defense is your barometer? Lmao. This is why I get banned lol. 

falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

No, but it's comparable. And so are their statistics during each of their respective slumps. Especially if you factor in total yards/TDs into the equation.

And I don't think their equal QBs, by the way. Ryan is certainly a better passer. Just challenging it not being comparable and also the idea that Ryan is somehow unfairly scrutinized. It's the opposite most of the time. Especially outside of this message board.

Ryan has been one of the most consistent QB in last 3 years. It’s not even close to Cam bringing the whole team down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Winston is not a bad Q.B

Hes carved up Falcons defense at will every freakin time.

He just has bad offensive line & average WRs besides Evan's/Godwin (no one else) 

 

IMG_0386.thumb.JPG.0b1c43563dd81e7a5306fbc77463f336.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Winston is not a bad Q.B

Hes carved up Falcons defense at will every freakin time.

He just has bad offensive line & average WRs besides Evan's/Godwin (no one else) 

 

People forget the Buccaneers went 9-7 in 2016 in Jameis Winston's 2nd season. They tied with the Lions for the last wildcard spot but the Lions won the tiebreaker because of common opponents. Making the Buccaneers barely miss the playoffs. That Buccaneers team with a tougher schedule was a better team than that Lions team with a weaker schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They mentioned bucs hasnt been to playoffs since 2007, Winston did look good last night but its just one game. He has problems with consistency IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

People forget the Buccaneers went 9-7 in 2016 in Jameis Winston's 2nd season. They tied with the Lions for the last wildcard spot but the Lions won the tiebreaker because of common opponents. Making the Buccaneers barely miss the playoffs. That Buccaneers team with a tougher schedule was a better team than that Lions team with a weaker schedule. 

I know...if they had W.R depth, Offensive line and consistency at coaching position.

Winston could be really lethal.

Hes made some bad choices off the grounds and that has had a huge impact on everything going with him.

But thats life and he has to live with it.

I just hope our defense is ready for him...because sure he seems to have big #- vs Falcons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

They mentioned bucs hasnt been to playoffs since 2007, Winston did look good last night but its just one game. He has problems with consistency IMO

Bucs as team on coaching side and roster side  has been INCONSISTENT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I know...if they had W.R depth, Offensive line and consistency at coaching position.

Winston could be really lethal.

Hes made some bad choices off the grounds and that has had a huge impact on everything going with him.

But thats life and he has to live with it.

I just hope our defense is ready for him...because sure he seems to have big #- vs Falcons 

He's also lost 4 straight games to the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Plenty of times? Not really.

And on those rare occasions he has, there’s multiple threads about it.

C’Mon man!

 

My point was this: he said if Ryan ever played that bad through a stretch of games like Cam (I'm paraphrasing) then pitchforks would be raised around here. And that might be true, but you'd have an equal amount (if not more) of posters that would be conjuring up a billion excuses for him.

Any dissent against Ryan is always met with equal (or more) support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

My point was this: he said if Ryan ever played that bad through a stretch of games like Cam (I'm paraphrasing) then pitchforks would be raised around here. And that might be true, but you'd have an equal amount (if not more) of posters that would be conjuring up a billion excuses for him.

Any dissent against Ryan is always met with equal (or more) support.

Not sure what you’re trying to say. I mean, shouldn’t it be that way?  He is one of the best QB’s in NFL, but even the best have bad games occasionally. 

I certainly call him out when he has a bad game. Heck even sometimes even in good games. I was one of few in here who even called him out for not taking leadership 4th qtr SB game.

But the dude has been an elite QB over past 3 years, in my view Top 3. I know that’s an arguable take, but are you implying he isn’t as good as myself and most of board regulars thinks he is (and certainly a better QB than Cam)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not sure what you’re trying to say. I mean, shouldn’t it be that way?  He is one of the best QB’s in NFL, but even the best have bad games occasionally. 

I certainly call him out when he has a bad game. Heck even sometimes even in good games. I was one of few in here who even called him out for not taking leadership 4th qtr SB game.

But the dude has been an elite QB over past 3 years, in my view Top 3. I know that’s an arguable take, but are you implying he isn’t as good as myself and most of board regulars thinks he is (and certainly a better QB than Cam)?

This was basically my point. I don't think he's disproportionately criticized compared to his counterparts (Rivers, Romo). Some fans victimize Ryan as if he's hated or something, when in reality I think a lot of people just find his style boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now