Will Sent be active?

For whatever reason the staff sat Senat week one. Last season he was sat vs Saints in order to try and generate a rush. Even though interior dline was the only bright spot on defense last week will Senat be active week 2 to bolster the run? I feel we are holding him back. Senat may not be  great overall DT but he is stout at the line and seems to play disciplined, working down the line on run plays to disrupt play flow and block cutback lanes.

The only way Senat will mature is with live reps so why is he being denied them? He hasn't looked like a laibility, hes fairly consistent and has flashed at times. I loved the Davison signing but I didn't think it would have made Senat expendable. Not only that but Davison doesn't offer an upgrade to pass rush on the interior.

As loyal as this f.o. is to early picks they are strangely distant to Senat.

Also I wonder if room will be made to bring Hageman on after week 2? Hagemen isn't going to do much for us but he could get it shape later in the season and be a factor against our ridiculous second half of the season.

1) you guys seriously have to stop mentioning Hageman unless he’s actually brought back to the roster. He did absolutely nothing in the preseason with the short opportunities he had

2) dating back to the Saints game where he was inactive last season and starting this season inactive, I don’t think Quinn is as high on him as his coach speak leads us to think. He may be active but I don’t see him having a major role

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

1) you guys seriously have to stop mentioning Hageman unless he’s actually brought back to the roster. He did absolutely nothing in the preseason with the short opportunities he had

2) dating back to the Saints game where he was inactive last season and starting this season inactive, I don’t think Quinn is as high on him as his coach speak leads us to think. He may be active but I don’t see him having a major role

How bad can Senat be if Quinn doesn't think highly of him, but does think highly of no motor Vic? 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dude I mentioned him as an after thought.Lol and the only mention was if they would find a spot on the roster for him. What's the problem with mentioning him? His name isnt cursed or a racial slur or something.

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dude I mentioned him as an after thought.Lol and the only mention was if they would find a spot on the roster for him. What's the problem with mentioning him? His name isnt cursed or a racial slur or something.

I’m sorry. His name is mentioned dam near every single day for no good reasoning at all. Had he came close to doing anything special in his short time on the field it would be ok. He didn’t. 

Anywho, don’t just focus on the comment about the guy who’s not on the team. What are your further thoughts about Senat outside of thinking the FO is strangely distant to Senat? Do you agree or disagree that Quinn isn’t high on him. IMO he doesn’t have a true role considering the depth in front of him and the fact Bailey and Clayborn can play inside as well if needed. 

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m sorry. His name is mentioned dam near every single day for no good reasoning at all. Had he came close to doing anything special in his short time on the field it would be ok. He didn’t. 

Anywho, don’t just focus on the comment about the guy who’s not on the team. What are your further thoughts about Senat outside of thinking the FO is strangely distant to Senat? Do you agree or disagree that Quinn isn’t high on him. IMO he doesn’t have a true role considering the depth in front of him and the fact Bailey and Clayborn can play inside as well if needed. 

Yeah I agree that seem to not be high on him. No t sure what they know I don't about him I dont but I think he brings similar value as Davison . While it's not common to have 2 n.t. on the team, Senat should be subbing on the 0 and 1 tech roles on early downs. 

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah I agree that seem to not be high on him. No t sure what they know I don't about him I dont but I think he brings similar value as Davison . While it's not common to have 2 n.t. on the team, Senat should be subbing on the 0 and 1 tech roles on early downs. 

I thought he was pretty solid last season when given a chance. There’s something about him that we don’t know. I don’t fall for that coach speak crud. Something’s wrong BTS. Either he’s not a hard worker or simply not as good as the others. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

DQ on 92.9 said that Ollison didn't play because of his lack of Special teams value.  I wonder if Senat falls into that category as well?

Lack of special teams value huh. What about the value he brings to the run game itself? Special teams shouldn’t always be the deciding factor for certain players. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Lack of special teams value huh. What about the value he brings to the run game itself? Special teams shouldn’t always be the deciding factor for certain players. 

Hey man, I am just saying what he said haha.

Cue it up to 2:50

https://omny.fm/shows/92-9-the-game-morning-show-w-john-and-hugh/dan-quinn-with-john-and-hugh-3

2 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Hey man, I am just saying what he said haha.

Cue it up to 2:50

https://omny.fm/shows/92-9-the-game-morning-show-w-john-and-hugh/dan-quinn-with-john-and-hugh-3

You and I must have heard something completely different.. Never did he say anything about Ollison not playing because lack of special team ability 

52 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You and I must have heard something completely different.. Never did he say anything about Ollison not playing because lack of special team ability 

I took “roles on the teams”as special teams. DQ has referred to ST as teams since he’s been here but i Could be wrong.  

Edited by NWFALCON

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

For whatever reason the staff sat Senat week one. Last season he was sat vs Saints in order to try and generate a rush. Even though interior dline was the only bright spot on defense last week will Senat be active week 2 to bolster the run? I feel we are holding him back. Senat may not be  great overall DT but he is stout at the line and seems to play disciplined, working down the line on run plays to disrupt play flow and block cutback lanes.

The only way Senat will mature is with live reps so why is he being denied them? He hasn't looked like a laibility, hes fairly consistent and has flashed at times. I loved the Davison signing but I didn't think it would have made Senat expendable. Not only that but Davison doesn't offer an upgrade to pass rush on the interior.

As loyal as this f.o. is to early picks they are strangely distant to Senat.

Also I wonder if room will be made to bring Hageman on after week 2? Hagemen isn't going to do much for us but he could get it shape later in the season and be a factor against our ridiculous second half of the season.

I believe with that the people in front of him are just better and that no way knocking him because I want him to be a stud... 

He can beat his man sometimes!! And when he does you can really see it.. but it's the other times that I think as fans we should look at. 

Is he winning more often then he loses

Then does he offer you something else that the people in front of him doesn't...

in my eyes everyone who plays before him can do what he does (run stopping) plus also gives you a better pass rush...

I love having him here and him not playing is a good problem to have and if someone goes down he can step up and really help us not skip to much of a beat!!