Unintentional Grounding

Falcons Film Breakdown - Vic vs Vikings

217 posts in this topic

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Yep but from a personal point of view I’m taking different things out of it.The he said she said stuff I try to ignore.

Allow me to use an example. There have been plenty of times you and I have had disagreements. Be honest. I’ve tried to avoid the conversation getting silly by trying to discuss one thing while you wanted to discuss another. And vice versa. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. You’re only going to have a healthy conversation if you truly choose to take in what the other person is saying. In the end you don’t even have to agree but having an understanding goes a very long way. If that makes any sense

The video was pretty good and think Beasley played well. You say he couldn't go low because of a penalty on that missed sack, the QB was out of the pocket, and he is given no protection once he leaves the pocket. He is just a runner then. The going low penalty is only in the pocket.

4 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Wait, but that exact same argument did not apply last year when PFF rated him the WORST DE IN ALL OF FOOTBALL. I remember clearly you saying PFF is a joke(regarding VIC last year) and now because he actually rated above average in something it applies?? That about right?

He was terrible last year, I’ve never denied that.

I’ve subscribed to PFF since 2017. I hated PFF for many years but have grown to appreciate their ratings. They’re not gospel, but they serve a purpose and I respect their defensive grades more than their offensive ones.

CoachCatchPhrase likes this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Am I the only one interested in the way DQ is using VB44.

All this if he played well wow.

I feel like I’m in a different discussion lol.

I think he played well too.  He didn't seem out of position when in coverage and he used his speed rush well.  I foresee the Eagles throwing the ball more so I will keep an eye on Vic's hand usage and if he can get off of blocks.

I really hope that the film session was a come to Jesus type meeting that will have people trust their team mates.  Hold contain and let our speed come thru from the backside.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Quinn’s using him how he should have always been used IMO. I don’t know how to feel about him dropping into coverage just yet because there isn’t enough of it this season but he can be beneficial in the right situations. 

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I think he played well too.  He didn't seem out of position when in coverage and he used his speed rush well.  I foresee the Eagles throwing the ball more so I will keep an eye on Vic's hand usage and if he can get off of blocks.

I really hope that the film session was a come to Jesus type meeting that will have people trust their team mates.  Hold contain and let our speed come thru from the backside.

I would not allow him to go toe to toe with Jason Peters again. Vic better be a stunting fool.

37 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

And I'm ok with all of this and more without even a second thought.

Even those who are saying I mocked them I didn't even think about it that way as the major response I got was being called the N word in a private message....

So I'll do more and have more open call in stuff so the entertainment value and openness is there.

Bro, I can not believe someone would seriously take things to that level... wow.  Please keep putting your videos out.  We don’t have to agree on everything, at the end of the day we all still have the exact same goal.  To purchase some Falcon Super Bowl champion swag...  thanks for putting the video together.

4 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

I agree with alot of what you say but I strongly disagree with the missed sack!! Is I a good play! Yes! But could he have done better 100% he could!! Sack him... go back to what caused the miss sack! The pump fake and he fell for it... so that made him lose focus and start stumbling...

You kept say cant go high cant go low! Well you can tackle like your supposed to do. He did good but that was a play that he could have done better!!

Also I dont know if this is you or not if not then switch the you to he is saying !! Lol

1 hour ago, Peteshweddy said:

No doubt he was rubbed and cook is going to get some yards, my comment was directed at Beasley showing his lack of violent intent, I just see him scraping down the thirty five yard line letting the runner dictate his will as opposed to Vic bringing some bad intentions. For what it’s worth my forty time was a 4.5. but that was a few years ago... as in many. Lol

4.5 is still good speed. Lol. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Also I want to say loved the video and you insight on things... you opened my eyes on seeing how they used bailey and vic together.. he did look a little better in the run game! And needs that to help evolve his game.. also him in coverage is something I would love as long as he can do it right... because that make oline think they are blitzing with him or QB spying or covering the RB/TE.. 

I do think he will have a good year 8-12 sacks.. just needs to tackle like he is trained... AKA (Rodgers) lol

33 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He played well. I literally just re watched the game again. Only 1 good run was on Beasley. He and takk were switching sides. All of minny’s big runs was either on takk or Beasley wasn’t in the game. And I’m talking literally just re watched. Just finished up not even 2 minutes ago. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Maybe the worst, but the other side didn't stop him either. 

Takk and Beasley were switching sides. Takk gave up the edge on both sides. Beasley only gave up contain on 1 one. All the big runs were either in takk or somebody else when Beasley wasn’t in the game. Just re watched it again bro. 

1 hour ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

And I'm ok with all of this and more without even a second thought.

Even those who are saying I mocked them I didn't even think about it that way as the major response I got was being called the N word in a private message....

So I'll do more and have more open call in stuff so the entertainment value and openness is there.

Publicly shame the. Muthor flockers.

This is why we can't have nice things

50 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I’m kind of in the mindset of DQ doesn’t want him to set an edge he wants to keep him clean in space so his athleticism comes to the fore.

Hence why UGs pick a play of him and Bailey playing on together intrigued me.

I think the only time he wants Beasley engaged is in certain situations like 2nd & 3rd and long obvious pass rush situations.

This is DQ putting a player in his best position to succeed type deal.

If VB44 plays well off of the back of it so be it.

Ergo Proxy and NWFALCON like this

21 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Takk and Beasley were switching sides. Takk gave up the edge on both sides. Beasley only gave up contain on 1 one. All the big runs were either in takk or somebody else when Beasley wasn’t in the game. Just re watched it again bro. 

Sounds like Takk will be tested Sunday night.

2 hours ago, Monoxide said:

Your Vic attacks have been the most visible/vocal dating back to my thread about him a couple of months ago. You were also the first person to say his name on the “worst player” thread. Don’t flatter yourself.

**** bro, you sound like you're taking his dislike of VB's performances personally.

Flying Falcon and ya_boi_j like this

20 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

**** bro, you sound like you're taking his dislike of VB's performances personally.

The subject was dropped and now it’s back up again.

I don’t care who dislikes Vic Beasley. It impacts me zilch. 95% of this board at one point or another has spoken out against Vic and that’s fine. He’s my favorite player for reasons beyond the gridiron, and I don’t deny that.

Now, let’s leave it at that and get back to the OP’s week 1 breakdown. It was very well done and articulated.

GrimeyKidd likes this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

To be honest outside of the commentary we need more content like UGs it actually adds value to this place.With the vid or gifs behind it breakdown so we can all get more educated on what really is going on.

I don't know how wise it is to categorize this as a "breakdown"; it was more of a valentine.  

Beasley has a cult following so it is hard to take "breakdowns" seriously when skeptics are labeled as "haters" and the creator does a rant 20 minute response video while walking through a Walmart during work hours.

The most effective propaganda is indistinguishable from a "straight presentment of facts".

Flying Falcon and Chaz like this

1 hour ago, JeffAtl said:

I don't know how wise it is to categorize this as a "breakdown"; it was more of a valentine.  

Beasley has a cult following so it is hard to take "breakdowns" seriously when skeptics are labeled as "haters" and the creator does a rant 20 minute response video while walking through a Walmart during work hours.

The most effective propaganda is indistinguishable from a "straight presentment of facts".

Get past that bit and look how Beasley’s being used.Thats how I looked at it.I think too many are using the whole rant bit as more than it is.

Mind you it’s hard to change opinion when alot have already made there minds up facts regardless.

Ergo Proxy and falconsd56 like this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Get past that bit and look how Beasley’s being used.Thats how I looked at it.I think too many are using the whole rant bit as more than it is.

Mind you it’s hard to change opinion when alot have already made there minds up facts regardless.

Indeed.

We as fans have a tendency to get an impression of a player and once that impression is there we often only see things that validate that impression ....no matter if that impression is positive or negative.......and we are all guilty if it some time from time.

kiwifalcon and Chaz like this

11 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How was Beasley at setting the edge?

I was listening to the Falcons Audible podcast yesterday and Arch mentioned there was one or two times he got too wide and the back went inside.

Where do you find the podcast???