Unintentional Grounding

Falcons Film Breakdown - Vic vs Vikings

217 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s not even remotely close to what I said. You agreed with someone saying fans won’t take kindly to this because they’re minds made up and I told you why that’s not completely true. I haven’t even watched the video. Was gonna do it when I got home. I just scrolled down and that caught my eye because it isn’t completely a true statement 

I misread because I'm completely on edge right now LOL.

Been up since 5:30 a.m. not only working on the office that I have at home to get my green screen and such setup but also the film breakdown and now I'm covering all 32 teams for a weekly break down so I'm absolutely in the wrong mindset LOL

Sorry

9 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

There were only two times where he went out too wide.

But other than that was a disrupter in the run game.

Good to know.

Thanks!

What did you think about the Falcons run game against the Vikings D?

Do you think they are now a tougher matchup for the Falcons since they practice against the Kubiak run game daily?

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good to know.

Thanks!

What did you think about the Falcons run game against the Vikings D?

Do you think they are now a tougher matchup for the Falcons since they practice against the Kubiak run game daily?

Tough to say... After playing this Vikings defense I think they'll sort some of the kinks out that were really mental issues.

Dirk koetter actually had a great game plan from the second quarter on. and the offensive line just could not execute as well as the tight ends who messed up on a lot of plays.

There's actually a play where Justin Hardy catches a ball and takes it down the field for a big gain ,but at the start of that play you see Calvin running down the field with his hands half way up in the air like he's saying "I don't know what the play is so I'm just going to run down the field".

vel and Sun Tzu 7 like this

19 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How was Beasley at setting the edge?

I was listening to the Falcons Audible podcast yesterday and Arch mentioned there was one or two times he got too wide and the back went inside.

That is setting the edge.

Keep the runner inside.

3 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

"That's beautiful stuff."  No. eight yards/carry is not beautiful.

He never said it was, dude. That's like seeing someone say Grady's TFL was "beautiful stuff" and then saying, "no, eight yards/carry is not beautiful." Totally irrelevant to the specific play.

I could do a breakdown of our run D ******* up if that'd make you feel better.

1 minute ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

I misread because I'm completely on edge right now LOL.

Been up since 5:30 a.m. not only working on the office that I have at home to get my green screen and such setup but also the film breakdown and now I'm covering all 32 teams for a weekly break down so I'm absolutely in the wrong mindset LOL

Sorry

No worries. At least you got clarity unlike others on this site. I been up since 4:30 so I know the feels. 

You’ve been here for quite some time and I’m sure you see it, one of the biggest issues on this site is that we as fans are far too invested in what the next fan says and there’s no healthy conversation involved so it leads to huge misconceptions and misunderstandings. Unfortunately in the odd case of one Vic Beasley, it’s a double headed monster.

You have the side who will be nothing but positive no matter what and don’t care what the other side says. You have the said who will point out the negatives and won’t care what the other side says. No side is better than the other.  If both sides actually took time to have a healthy debate there wouldn’t be so much “well this guy said this so blah blah” or “well some fans are already blah blah”. 

Get what I’m sayin?

1 minute ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Tough to say... After playing this Vikings defense I think they'll sort some of the kinks out that were really mental issues.

Dirk koetter actually had a great game plan from the second quarter on. and the offensive line just could not execute as well as the tight ends who messed up on a lot of plays.

There's actually a play where Justin Hardy catches a ball and takes it down the field for a big gain ,but at the start of that play you see Calvin running down the field with his hands half way up in the air like he's saying "I don't know what the play is so I'm just going to run down the field".

I just watched that play and I think it was a bait play. You see he breaks open deep after fooling Harrison. On the other side, he had Gage BLAZING down the sideline coming open as well. 

.....but Jake gets f*ckin abused and ruins the play. Everybody else blocked their man except the Pro Bowl LT. Embarrassing. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He never said it was, dude. That's like seeing someone say Grady's TFL was "beautiful stuff" and then saying, "no, eight yards/carry is not beautiful." Totally irrelevant to the specific play.

Swoosh!

No worries. At least you got clarity unlike others on this site. I been up since 4:30 so I know the feels. 

You’ve been here for quite some time and I’m sure you see it, one of the biggest issues on this site is that we as fans are far too invested in what the next fan says and there’s no healthy conversation involved so it leads to huge misconceptions and misunderstandings. Unfortunately in the odd case of one Vic Beasley, it’s a double headed monster.

You have the side who will be nothing but positive no matter what and don’t care what the other side says. You have the said who will point out the negatives and won’t care what the other side says. No side is better than the other.  If both sides actually took time to have a healthy debate there wouldn’t be so much “well this guy said this so blah blah” or “well some fans are already blah blah”. 

Get what I’m sayin?

I'd post a gif  but that is not allowed here lol

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

I just watched that play and I think it was a bait play. You see he breaks open deep after fooling Harrison. On the other side, he had Gage BLAZING down the sideline coming open as well. 

.....but Jake gets f*ckin abused and ruins the play. Everybody else blocked their man except the Pro Bowl LT. Embarrassing. 

Big woof... The Vets plays so badly lol

Just now, Unintentional Grounding said:

Big woof... The Vets plays so badly lol

That's why I'm not down yet. Jake getting abused to THAT degree doesn't happen often. He looked lazy in a ton of his pass sets and Griffen took him to town. Totally different game if the reliable vets just play to their level. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I said Vic had a good game in another thread and got poo pooed about it...:lol:  I even defended the non sack on Cousins.  This guy said the same exact thing I said,  Vic had a good game and the non sack of Cousins was the right move...

Thank you. I dont know why we cant just give credit where credit is due that was a nice pump fake by cousins to freeze beasley. he thought he threw the ball and you cant hit the quarterback after they throw cuz you might get a penalty so he lead up a lil but still got pressure and made cousins throw a bad pass so its a win to me.

Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

#RustyVets

Neal, Jones, and Alan all look really rusty too.

I honestly didn’t see it, especially with Neal and Jones. Both looked solid to me and they were trying to set the tone. I thought Neal’s hit on Cousins was a tone setter but no one else bought in lol. Debo made solid textbook tackles. To me it looked like they were trying to avoid him. That’s just me though. 

I honestly didn’t see it, especially with Neal and Jones. Both looked solid to me and they were trying to set the tone. I thought Neal’s hit on Cousins was a tone setter but no one else bought in lol. Debo made solid textbook tackles. To me it looked like they were trying to avoid him. That’s just me though. 

Neal was slow on most of his reads. Slow on getting outside. Was bodied on a couple outside runs. He looked bad more than good. 

Debo wasn't terrible. He was trying to cover for people though. Never a good thing. 

ya_boi_j, Ergo Proxy and athell like this

1 minute ago, vel said:

Neal was slow on most of his reads. Slow on getting outside. Was bodied on a couple outside runs. He looked bad more than good. 

Debo wasn't terrible. He was trying to cover for people though. Never a good thing. 

Thats what I remember about Debo. Trying to make up for others **** ups. Admittedly I didn’t eye Neal as much. Just noticed him on the blitz and a few more plays. That’s why I didnt see what you guys are saying. I haven’t taken any time to go back and look at anything. Mostly been watching Philly

First play is the opposite of beautiful. Otherwise the plays shown display what you would expect from a 12mill player.

1 hour ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Thanks for the Vid UG. I like to see the positive from Vic. However, while I love the guy and want to see him do well, I have to disagree on the cousins play, He pulled up on the pumpfake and he shouldn't have. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any passrusher in the nfl that would hav pulled up. You mention Quin and not getting penalties but, Quin touts 'play fast" as well. This was not a fast or hungry looking Vic. He has to go full speed and if he's worried about a penalty, go for a glancing blow that gives you enough leverage to take him down if you get there. The little swirl around at the end topped it all off. 

I expect better of Vic, especially in this situation. To me, this had shades of Cam jumping away from the fumble in the SB (not as bad but, shade). Hungry dogs don't stop because you waived your hands in the air and Vic shouldn't either. 

Love the guy and don't want to curse his name one more time this season. Get Rabbid Vic!!!

28 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wrong. watch the video. First play he calls it aMinimal gain? It was 8 yards and Vic played off and soft and you called it "beautiful". Literally word for word " a thing of beauty". Vic didnt close the distance between him and the ball carrier. Vic starts at the 28 yard line, retreats to the 25 yard line and lets Cook run free from his catch which started at the 31. Thats six yards cushion. WTF beautiful.

CoachCatchPhrase and vitaman like this

Thanks for the video @Unintentional Grounding, lots of good stuff there.

I have to call out 2 things though:

1st play review, the pass to Cook out of the backfield.  It was a great read and recognition by Vic...no disputing that.  I appreciate how he kept Cook in front of him...but there were 5 yards of separation between the 2 when Cook caught it and instead of closing, Vic chose to side step laterally in what ended up being a 6 yard gain.  To me, one of Vic's biggest issues is open field tackling and this may be the result.  Just contain, keep it in front of you, don't make a mistake...but would love to have seen him try to close that gap a bit.

I completely completely completely disagree on that non sack play.  Yes, it was a good play, but if he finishes that is a great and potentially game breaking play.  He did great to fight through the hold (absolutely was a hold), had a clear shot at a QB outside of the tackle box, and let up (no doubt for fear of penalty but still...) what could have been an 8 yard sack and potential forced fumble.  I get that the net result was a positive, it was loss of down, but that good play could have been a huge play if he finishes.  We see blind side sacks every week go unflagged so I'm not sure why you are so sure a clean hit on Kirk would have drawn anything...

Other than that, great stuff and very promising looks for Vic.  Hope this continues.