Unintentional Grounding

Falcons Film Breakdown - Vic vs Vikings

217 posts in this topic

Just watched this the use of Bailey on the edge basically running a stunt to free Beasley up was good to see.Bailey is a brute also taking on doubles giving up little ground.

This vid also tells you how much of a beast Grady Jarrett was he was wrecking there interior doubled singled man he’s looking like he’s in for a **** of a season.

There was also a play that I forgot to add into this video where Vic actually shoots the Gap where Bailey is and is able to combo tackle with him for a no gain.

And there's another coverage play where the ball didn't go to where Vic was but he did take away a tight end.

All-in-all I think this defense looked Rusty and has the opportunity to really wreck opposing offensive lines if Takk can learn how to play linebacker quickly.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good Vid but I don't like the idea of Vic in coverage.

And good luck with 150 likes.

His coverage close to the line of scrimmage taking away some tight ends and also the running back on one or two plays is all we need from him whereas Deion Jones is the guy that you're going to see doing the major coverage in the middle of the field.

The 34 looks coming from the Falcons currently or some of the most well-designed play calls that I have seen this team develop over the course of its evolution with Dan Quinn. and while we didn't necessarily stop the Vikings from doing what they wanted to do ( Gary kubiak outside zone running ) I think this is a great foundation for the team as a whole.

The only weak link that I can see on this team that is a major problem is De'vondre Campbell. he is an overall liability as an outside linebacker and in these 34 looks needs to be an A or B Gap penetrator.

Vandy likes this

And one other thing that I think is a minor issue is Takk McKinley just not being familiar as a base defender. 

because mostly everything I showed in this video was all base defense and both Beasley and McKinley have never played this many snaps as base defenders... And the effect wasn't as bad as most think.

23 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

There was also a play that I forgot to add into this video where Vic actually shoots the Gap where Bailey is and is able to combo tackle with him for a no gain.

And there's another coverage play where the ball didn't go to where Vic was but he did take away a tight end.

All-in-all I think this defense looked Rusty and has the opportunity to really wreck opposing offensive lines if Takk can learn how to play linebacker quickly.

UG thank you for taking your time doing stuff like this and I have know doubt others appreciate you and what you do.

The problem you’ll find with commentary around VB44 is that people already have made there minds up about him so showing stuff like this those mentioned will find it very hard to be objective or actually take your points that he’s actually doing his job.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

UG thank you for taking your time doing stuff like this I and I have know doubt others appreciate you and what you do.

The problem you’ll find with commentary around VB44 is that people already have made there minds up about him so showing stuff like this those mentioned will find it very hard to be objective or actually take your points that he’s actually doing his job.

Yep...................

falconsrus and kiwifalcon like this

13 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

His coverage close to the line of scrimmage taking away some tight ends and also the running back on one or two plays is all we need from him whereas Deion Jones is the guy that you're going to see doing the major coverage in the middle of the field.

The 34 looks coming from the Falcons currently or some of the most well-designed play calls that I have seen this team develop over the course of its evolution with Dan Quinn. and while we didn't necessarily stop the Vikings from doing what they wanted to do ( Gary kubiak outside zone running ) I think this is a great foundation for the team as a whole.

The only weak link that I can see on this team that is a major problem is De'vondre Campbell. he is an overall liability as an outside linebacker and in these 34 looks needs to be an A or B Gap penetrator.

How was Beasley at setting the edge?

I was listening to the Falcons Audible podcast yesterday and Arch mentioned there was one or two times he got too wide and the back went inside.

Flying Falcon likes this

Good breakdown. Vic didn't have a terrible game. Credit due. 

That first play made me mad on first watch but after going back, he did the right thing. Slant-Flat combo. He took away the slant and forced the ball to the check down. That's the play. He's not the greatest in space, but that's Dalvin Cook. He limited the damage and we're onto the next play. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I was listening to the Falcons Audible podcast yesterday and Arch mentioned there was one or two times he got too wide and the back went inside.

There were only two times where he went out too wide.

But other than that was a disrupter in the run game.

1 minute ago, vel said:

Good breakdown. Vic didn't have a terrible game. Credit due. 

That first play made me mad on first watch but after going back, he did the right thing. Slant-Flat combo. He took away the slant and forced the ball to the check down. That's the play. He's not the greatest in space, but that's Dalvin Cook. He limited the damage and we're onto the next play. 

Helps to have the all-22 and really slow those plays down to see and get a good idea of where the Gap assignments are and such.

6 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Yep...................

Actually not yep. In these videos if you actually point out the bad and the good then people have no issue being objective. The issue guys like him has is that they refuse to discuss the negative. If a realistic conversation is going to take place, both positives and negatives should be discussed. Wouldn’t you agree? It makes for a poor debate/conversation if people don’t want to discuss the negatives as well

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He doesn’t need to if they stunt Bailey to take on the opposing end and the DT that frees Beasley up to read and react.

If I’m reading this correctly they don’t want Beasley to do this they want to free him up to use his athleticism.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Actually not yep. In these videos if you actually point out the bad and the good then people have no issue being objective. The issue guys like him has is that they refuse to discuss the negative. If a realistic conversation is going to take place, both positives and negatives should be discussed. Wouldn’t you agree?

I’d agree with this but again fans might not know Beasley’s role and how DQ is trying to use him.I love the play where he plays next too Bailey I’d take that usage of Beasley all day against the run.Baileys a brute.

3 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Helps to have the all-22 and really slow those plays down to see and get a good idea of where the Gap assignments are and such.

Man don't get me started on gap assignments... That game drove me to drink lol

Ergo Proxy, TheFatboi and m2Falcons like this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Actually not yep. In these videos if you actually point out the bad and the good then people have no issue being objective. The issue guys like him has is that they refuse to discuss the negative. If a realistic conversation is going to take place, both positives and negatives should be discussed. Wouldn’t you agree? It makes for a poor debate/conversation if people don’t want to discuss the negatives as well

so what you're saying is this is a bad video because I didn't pull the one negative play he all game?

Edited by Unintentional Grounding
Flying Falcon and TheFatboi like this

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He really didn’t do too bad. He got held a few times and crashed in and lost contain one maybe two times. 

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’d agree with this but again fans might not know Beasley’s role and how DQ is trying to use him.I love the play where he plays next too Bailey I’d take that usage of Beasley all day against the run.Baileys a brute.

All fans aren’t the same. That’s what you’re missing. You get too caught up on what’s being said and not who’s saying it. You gotta learn how to separate the different fans before trying to have a serious conversation 

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

UG thank you for taking your time doing stuff like this I and I have know doubt others appreciate you and what you do.

Yep. Have legit seen a couple fans saying that Vic was a huge problem Sunday and that Takk played well. Not going to call out anyone by name, most people have said both of our edge players were a problem, but for some, it's all bias.

I want both to succeed, and Vic still had some goofs, but let's be real for a second.

Thanks for putting this up UG!

Just now, Unintentional Grounding said:

so what you're saying is this is a bad video because I didn't pool one negu play he all game?

That’s not even remotely close to what I said. You agreed with someone saying fans won’t take kindly to this because they’re minds made up and I told you why that’s not completely true. I haven’t even watched the video. Was gonna do it when I got home. I just scrolled down and that caught my eye because it isn’t completely a true statement