jlrfalcon

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance - Where Are You?

102 posts in this topic

Oddly enough, not sure exactly when this happened, but over the last 3 years since the SB loss, I’m just kinda.....meh.

i would like them to win, follow stats, follow drafting and FA...but realized that their play on the field does not characterize who I am, and that it’s just for entertainment. 

I root as well for individuals, and people like Matt Ryan, Deion Jones, and Julio are easy to root for.

Gage is the player i am most interested in seeing in action more, he looks explosive.

Geneaut and Vandy like this

I'm still stuck at "confusion". I can handle a bad game, rusty O line, players taking a few weeks to get the feel for the game again, etc. But when a coach that has been in the league as long as Quinn has makes some of the decisions that I saw him make last Sunday, it just leaves me confused. 

Edited by LouDog
Vandy, hjerry and SoldMySoul like this

I don't know where this trope came from that if you're disgusted or upset with the team then they must define your life.

Some fans are just more intense than others. Doesn't mean their life is in shambles because the Falcons lost; and some are just venting

And I'm not speaking for me.  I have kept myself at a distance since the SuperBowl and have to thank a lot of you for keeping me laughing in spite of everything--even during the game threads

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I've accepted this team will never win a SB, 28-3 taught me that. I've accepted the fact that the ONLY time this team wins or does good is to provoke a false sense of hope from it's fanbase so it can disappoint them more by failing in Epic ways. Being an ATL native and watching the Falcons since the late 1970's taught me that.

At this point I expect failure and will continue to express my displeasure towards the team until they actually win a SB, which they won't.

After so many years and so many disappointments this team does not deserve support, they deserve constant ridicule at least as a venting mechanism for being so horrible for so long. That is the least they can do for the fanbase they disappoint year after year.

Dude, I laughed so hard at this. It's like borderline masochism for you at this point .

42 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

My wife just sent me a pic while I’m at work. All I feel is naughty right now. Go Falcons beat Philly! 

These are the things in life that should be at the top of our concerns :) Food, family, and uhhh ... adult entertainment. 

Black Francis likes this

39 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I'm still stuck at "confusion". I can handle a bad game, rusty O line, players taking a few weeks to get the feel for the game again, etc. But when a coach that has been in the league as long as Quinn has makes some of the decisions that I saw him make last Sunday, it just leaves me confused. 

Either the coaches were implementing schemes that the players didn't understand/couldn't execute, or the players understood the schemes and weren't doing their jobs. Personally, I think it was at least some of both.

Either way, meh, it is what it is. Let's see what happens next week.

41 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Just now, hjerry said:

Either the coaches were implementing schemes that the players didn't understand/couldn't execute, or the players understood the schemes and weren't doing their jobs. Personally, I think it was at least some of both.

Either way, meh, it is what it is. Let's see what happens next week.

Could it be that Kyle’s plays are mixed In with Dirk’s causing the confusion? What system will prevail????

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Dude, I laughed so hard at this. It's like borderline masochism for you at this point .

I reaaaaly hope he's just a troll, because anyone letting Football get to them like that, has a really sad existence. 

The Falcons winning or losing doesn't affect my life. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

Could it be that Kyle’s plays are mixed In with Dirk’s causing the confusion? What system will prevail????

It looked like Ryan and the WRs just weren't on the same page. Sometimes he was confused, most of the time it looked like it was them though. Couldn't tell you the reason

Just now, hjerry said:

I reaaaaly hope he's just a troll, because anyone letting Football get to them like that, has a really sad existence. 

The Falcons winning or losing doesn't affect my life. 

Depends on the situation, man. I'm numb to most of this stuff because it's like ehh what can you do it's the Falcons, but at the same time 28-3 definitely ruined my mood for at least a few days

4 minutes ago, rounz said:

I don't know where this trope came from that if you're disgusted or upset with the team then they must define your life.

Some fans are more intense than others. Doesn't mean their life is in shambles because the Falcons lost.

And I'm not speaking for me.  I have kept myself at a distance since the SuperBowl and have to thank a lot of you for keeping me laughing--even during the game threads

Speaking for me it comes from the way a lot of people word their posts. It seems that a lot of the time they want to lash out at the team, and also other posters who don't agree with them. There's a lot of 'if only the REST of you were as smart as me' in some of those posts. Some posters are far worse than others at it, but it sets my teeth on their edge when I see it.

People got to be themselves I guess, but I'm not going to apologize for not liking it.

rounz likes this

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Depends on the situation, man. I'm numb to most of this stuff because it's like ehh what can you do it's the Falcons, but at the same time 28-3 definitely ruined my mood for at least a few days

Yeah ... one bad apple can make a big crash!

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Speaking for me it comes from the way a lot of people word their posts. It seems that a lot of the time they want to lash out at the team, and also other posters who don't agree with them. There's a lot of 'if only the REST of you were as smart as me' in some of those posts. Some posters are far worse than others at it, but it sets my teeth on their edge when I see it.

People got to be themselves I guess, but I'm not going to apologize for not liking it.

Yeah, the 'superiority' part bothers me too; but mostly when a poster is trying to tell another poster how they should feel.

Geneaut likes this

4 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Yeah ... one bad apple can make a big crash!

Yep!! Sunday’s game for sure.

Just now, rounz said:

Yeah, the 'superiority' part bothers me too; but mostly when a poster is trying to tell another poster how they should feel.

Yeah, I mean frankly how hard would it be to spend years on here posting all the reason the Falcons aren't going to win the SB every season? It's easy money. I've been watching this team since 1979 so I've kind of wrapped my mind around the idea we are just snake-bit for whatever reason. 

I don't watch the team for the SB. I enjoy the week to week games, the buildup to the draft, watching new guys progress season to season, or even enjoying the full career progression of a guy like Roddy White, etc. I realize others don't dig that and I understand it. 

18 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It looked like Ryan and the WRs just weren't on the same page. Sometimes he was confused, most of the time it looked like it was them though. Couldn't tell you the reason

We seem to just play like crap every opening game under Dan Quinn it seems like. 

Geneaut likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We seem to just play like crap every opening game under Dan Quinn it seems like. 

Which I attribute to a lot of the starters not playing much in the preseason, and having 3 new coordinators this season. I know why Quinn does it with limiting starters, but it makes Week 1 most seasons not much fun. Hopefully, next week is better.

Edited by Geneaut
JD dirtybird21 likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Which I attribute to a lot of the starters not playing much in the preseason, and having 3 new coordinators. I know why Quinn does it with limiting starters, but it makes Week 1 most seasons not much fun. Hopefully next week is better.

It makes the message board meltdown. Quinn needs to understand that he's making my job harder...that jerk.

Geneaut likes this

52 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

the buildup to the draft, watching new guys progress season to season, or even enjoying the full career progression of a guy like Roddy White, etc. I realize others don't dig that and I understand it. 

My Falcon benchmark has been lower than that: "Just don't embarrass me on national TV"

I think that's why this first game was such a disappointment to me. Like PokerSteve, for the first time in a long time I was drawn into "the Process"--actually getting excited about the team being put together this year.

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

quinn.jpg

Seems pretty simple. All he has to do is beat the Eagles while having Ryan throw 3 interceptions and the Falcons winning 41-40. The defense is garbage and so is Ryan. Done. 

Geneaut likes this