Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Kaleb McGary and Jamon Brown Upgraded to Starters on updated depth chart

11 posts in this topic

Didn’t take McGary long at all, even after missing preseason, to get the starting RT spot. 

Atlanta Falcons v Minnesota Vikings

Signing both Carpenter and Jamon Brown turns out to be a real blessing. Carpenter played well last week considering the OL was having issues as a whole, and now that Lindstrom is out for 8 weeks minimum, thank God we also signed Brown this offseason.

Gono is also coming back to being limited in practice.

Coming back to playing at home, I expect the presnap communication between all these players who haven’t played a lot of snaps together to be much better. On both offense and defense in Minnesota, the noise was deafening, making presnap communication even more challenging.

bossFALCON™ and NCCooley like this

51 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Didn’t take McGary long at all, even after missing preseason, to get the starting RT spot. 

Atlanta Falcons v Minnesota Vikings

Signing both Carpenter and Jamon Brown turns out to be a real blessing. Carpenter played well last week considering the OL was having issues as a whole, and now that Lindstrom is out for 8 weeks minimum, thank God we also signed Brown this offseason.

Gono is also coming back to being limited in practice.

Coming back to playing at home, I expect the presnap communication between all these players who haven’t played a lot of snaps together to be much better. On both offense and defense in Minnesota, the noise was deafening, making presnap communication even more challenging.

These guys will pay dividends.

Unfortunately it's primarily going to be towards the back half of the season.  Next year the oline could be gangbusters but there's about one million things that could happen between now and then.

Now I will say that signing both FA guards definitely turned out to be a blessing but for a bad reason.

gazoo and vitaman like this

11 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

I just hope Brown plays better than he did in the preseason..he was on the turf a lot.

I believe he's primarily been a RG throughout his career

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I believe he's primarily been a RG throughout his career

He's also primarily been bouncing around and not starting for good teams though lol. 

Those were great offseason moves on paper.  Hopefully with real game action they’ll be able to gel and fortify themselves against the league’s best.  

I do feel as if McGary’s conditioning, Lindstrom’s injury and Brown and Gono being inactive created a perfect storm against the Vikings.  It’s not the best thing in the world any time you have to bring Sambrailo and Schweitzer in to actually play a good amount of snaps; not to mention Matthews playing like he was wearing cement boots.

I’m sure that tape gave a lot of good film for those guys to be enraged with how poorly they played.  I’m certain they will make a concerted effort to do better from here on out.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Those were great offseason moves on paper.  Hopefully with real game action they’ll be able to gel and fortify themselves against the league’s best.  

I do feel as if McGary’s conditioning, Lindstrom’s injury and Brown and Gono being inactive created a perfect storm against the Vikings.  It’s not the best thing in the world any time you have to bring Sambrailo and Schweitzer in to actually play a good amount of snaps; not to mention Matthews playing like he was wearing cement boots.

I’m sure that tape gave a lot of good film for those guys to be enraged with how poorly they played.  I’m certain they will make a concerted effort to do better from here on out.

The line was realistically always going to be a work in progress, that's why a lot of us hated having to face the Vikings and Eagles so early on in the season. Losing Lindstrom hurts a lot though, he was looking like our best offensive lineman outside of Mack. We are going to need to step up on defense BIG time because our offense is going to have problems against the Eeagle's front seven. 

samuel likes this

4 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The line was realistically always going to be a work in progress, that's why a lot of us hated having to face the Vikings and Eagles so early on in the season. Losing Lindstrom hurts a lot though, he was looking like our best offensive lineman outside of Mack. We are going to need to step up on defense BIG time because our offense is going to have problems against the Eeagle's front seven. 

This Falcon offensive line needs to get the run game going. You give Freeman and Ito some space and they can get it done. Also it will help Matt Ryan  open up the play action pass and attack their weaknesses on the back end. Execution and poise are the optimum words.

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

These guys will pay dividends.

Unfortunately it's primarily going to be towards the back half of the season.  Next year the oline could be gangbusters but there's about one million things that could happen between now and then.

Now I will say that signing both FA guards definitely turned out to be a blessing but for a bad reason.

Give TD and the FO some credit. They prepared for a scenario such as this, because they didn't want to be caught with their pants down again if one or more lineman get injured. Hopefully the current lineup stays healthy long enough for Gono and Lindstrom to recover.