mattyicefalcon

Julio Jones Can Set Amazing Record Sunday!

108 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

I’ll give you Harrison, maybe Irvin, Nelson does not count. Thanks for pointing out one definite tho although they also had Waynes and was better than the other two you mentioned.

Aaron Rodgers disagrees.

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Another record instead of a Superbowl win.  Stat Champs, baby!

Yeah I mean that catch in the SB put them in position but yeah stat champ save that ****.

Not as though Julio screwed the team on that day.

No our guy keeps playing football and wants to win more than gloat about individual accolades and money.

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Go an ask Aaron Rodgers how important Jordy Nelson was to him.

Go ask Matt Ryan how "important" Harry Douglas was to him in 2013. MVP QB's have to throw the ball to somebody.

Jordy was no Julio, Rice, Harrison, etc. -- who are all first ballot HOF. The OP's point was being a first ballot HOF WR hasn't really translated into rings lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Then show me the Falcons' Lombardi.

"Stat Champ" did his job. They kick a FG after that catch and "Stat Champ" has a ring.

Imagine seeing Julio Jones break a Falcons record and being MAD about it. You folks must be miserable irl.

Godzilla1985 and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Tl;dr.  Golfclap for you liking stats instead of championships.

So, you only watch football during the postseason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, NYCFalc said:

I’m still trying to think of when a top WR last won a super bowl since like Jerry Rice

Plenty have.

And Julio should have at least one, if not two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

 

Plenty have.

And Julio should have at least one, if not two.

I was talking top 2 or 3, which is Julio. Marvin Harrison is the only name mentioned that might fit that. And yes, Julio should have but we put the ball in #2’s hands instead of a running back and here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

 

Plenty have.

And Julio should have at least one, if not two.

I have no idea why ppl think wining a SB is annoying individual achievement? Jerry rice doesn’t win a SB without Joe, Craig, Taylor, Lott, Hicks, and the rest of that 49ers team. Like I was trying to explain to @ya_boi_j the other day and I may have done a poor job at clarifying myself, but teams that win SB’s have MULTIPLE players that perform at a high level. At LEAST 4-5. And the rest of the team has to do so their jobs. The niners didn’t win soley because of rice. But Rice was that piece on offense that damaged defenses on a regular basis. And they didn’t beat themselves. Them it’s how your team is built. If you’re an offensive team 10 x outta 10 you’re gonna have either a stellar RB if you don’t have a stellar qb or a stellar wr if you have a stellar qb. If your core star players are performing at high levels unselfishly and the rest of the team is doing their jobs then it GREATLY increases a change at a SB. A team full of Paul worrilows doesn’t stand a chance. It just ends up being a bunch of feel good stories. You see how fast we parted ways with him once we got Debo?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

I was talking top 2 or 3, which is Julio. Marvin Harrison is the only name mentioned that might fit that. And yes, Julio should have but we put the ball in #2’s hands instead of a running back and here we are.

It’s not always a wr. It’s been TE’s too. Really just depends on how your team is built. 

Vandy and Godzilla1985 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I have no idea why ppl think wining a SB is annoying individual achievement? Jerry rice doesn’t win a SB without Joe, Craig, Taylor, Lott, Hicks, and the rest of that 49ers team. Like I was trying to explain to @ya_boi_j the other day and I may have done a poor job at clarifying myself, but teams that win SB’s have MULTIPLE players that perform at a high level. At LEAST 4-5. And the rest of the team has to do so their jobs. The niners didn’t win soley because of rice. But Rice was that piece on offense that damaged defenses on a regular basis. And they didn’t beat themselves. Them it’s how your team is built. If you’re an offensive team 10 x outta 10 you’re gonna have either a stellar RB if you don’t have a stellar qb or a stellar wr if you have a stellar qb. If your core star players are performing at high levels unselfishly and the rest of the team is doing their jobs then it GREATLY increases a change at a SB. A team full of Paul worrilows doesn’t stand a chance. It just ends up being a bunch of feel good stories. You see how fast we parted ways with him once we got Debo?? 

No one disagreed with that, at least I didn’t. Multiple guys contributing is considered a group effort equaling a team accomplishment. This thread was merely about Julio setting a franchise record. Not everyone cares about that but your initial response didn’t coincide with those posts. You’re talking about during games throughout the season, we’re talking about career individual performances. I’m sure everyone is happy with different individuals performing at a high level during games because ultimately it’s a team effort man. I tried to tell you the other day you were talking about something different than we were talking about but you insisted otherwise :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYCFalc said:

I was talking top 2 or 3, which is Julio. Marvin Harrison is the only name mentioned that might fit that. And yes, Julio should have but we put the ball in #2’s hands instead of a running back and here we are.

Isaac Bruce is #5 all time receiving yards. Reggie wayne also Top 10. 

And DQ/Shanny are who choked the SB, not #2. 

gazoo and Godzilla1985 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I have no idea why ppl think wining a SB is annoying individual achievement? Jerry rice doesn’t win a SB without Joe, Craig, Taylor, Lott, Hicks, and the rest of that 49ers team. Like I was trying to explain to @ya_boi_j the other day and I may have done a poor job at clarifying myself, but teams that win SB’s have MULTIPLE players that perform at a high level. At LEAST 4-5. And the rest of the team has to do so their jobs. The niners didn’t win soley because of rice. But Rice was that piece on offense that damaged defenses on a regular basis. And they didn’t beat themselves. Them it’s how your team is built. If you’re an offensive team 10 x outta 10 you’re gonna have either a stellar RB if you don’t have a stellar qb or a stellar wr if you have a stellar qb. If your core star players are performing at high levels unselfishly and the rest of the team is doing their jobs then it GREATLY increases a change at a SB. A team full of Paul worrilows doesn’t stand a chance. It just ends up being a bunch of feel good stories. You see how fast we parted ways with him once we got Debo?? 

Very true.

manning had Wayne/Harrison/Clark, Brady had Gronk/Welker, Warner had Bruce/Holt/Faulk, cowboys had Irvin/Smith , Elway had S Sharp/rod smith/T.D. 

Etc etc etc 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Very true.

manning had Wayne/Harrison, Brady had Gronk/Welker, Warner had Bruce/Holt/Faulk, cowboys had Irvin/Smith , Elway had S Sharp/rod smith/T.D. 

Etc etc etc 

That’s the history of this game. Every SB winning team in the history of the nfl had hof’ers throughout. Whether it was the 85 bears. The 80’s giants. The 80’s niners. The 90’s cowboys. The 70’s Steelers. 70’s cowboys. All these teams had stars that all performed at high levels and performing at high levels produces stats. There’s no way to have one without the other. BB says you gotta have pro bowl level play at every position from at least one player. QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, ST. If you have one player from every level that performs like that you’ll def be in the playoffs. Doesn’t mean you actually MADE the pro bowl but probably should’ve based on performance. In 2016 we had Matt, free, Julio, Mack, on offense and Beasley performed at a pro bowl level on defense. That was 5 players and should’ve won the SB. If Debo, Grady, and neal would’ve had pro bowl level performance during the season we most def win the SB without even coming down to a FG. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s the history of this game. Every SB winning team in the history of the nfl had hof’ers throughout. Whether it was the 85 bears. The 80’s giants. The 80’s niners. The 90’s cowboys. The 70’s Steelers. 70’s cowboys. All these teams had stars that all performed at high levels and performing at high levels produces stats. There’s no way to have one without the other. BB says you gotta have pro bowl level play at every position from at least one player. QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, ST. If you have one player from every level that performs like that you’ll def be in the playoffs. Doesn’t mean you actually MADE the pro bowl but probably should’ve based on performance. In 2016 we had Matt, free, Julio, Mack, on offense and Beasley performed at a pro bowl level on defense. That was 5 players and should’ve won the SB. If Debo, Grady, and neal would’ve had pro bowl level performance during the season we most def win the SB without even coming down to a FG. 

You’re saying the same thing I’ve said the entire time except you’re saying it differently. You’re preaching about group efforts and accomplishments  man whether you realize it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons player gets really nice achievement: Let's have a pissy pants argument over nothing because why ever have fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malachore you need to go under a rainbow and write a poem. Yeah we've had a lot of bad years due to the Smith's not wanting to spend money. Forget about the past bro, look at the strides this team has taken since AB bought the franchise. Even with the Vick crap we've rebuilt and have had a competitive team since he destroyed the city. I don't see why people still love Vick. Helena Keller could read defense better than Vick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atownbound said:

Malachore you need to go under a rainbow and write a poem. Yeah we've had a lot of bad years due to the Smith's not wanting to spend money. Forget about the past bro, look at the strides this team has taken since AB bought the franchise. Even with the Vick crap we've rebuilt and have had a competitive team since he destroyed the city. I don't see why people still love Vick. Helena Keller could read defense better than Vick.

 

What in the **** are you talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atownbound said:

Malachore you need to go under a rainbow and write a poem. Yeah we've had a lot of bad years due to the Smith's not wanting to spend money. Forget about the past bro, look at the strides this team has taken since AB bought the franchise. Even with the Vick crap we've rebuilt and have had a competitive team since he destroyed the city. I don't see why people still love Vick. Helena Keller could read defense better than Vick.

 

LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s the history of this game. Every SB winning team in the history of the nfl had hof’ers throughout. Whether it was the 85 bears. The 80’s giants. The 80’s niners. The 90’s cowboys. The 70’s Steelers. 70’s cowboys. All these teams had stars that all performed at high levels and performing at high levels produces stats. There’s no way to have one without the other. BB says you gotta have pro bowl level play at every position from at least one player. QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, ST. If you have one player from every level that performs like that you’ll def be in the playoffs. Doesn’t mean you actually MADE the pro bowl but probably should’ve based on performance. In 2016 we had Matt, free, Julio, Mack, on offense and Beasley performed at a pro bowl level on defense. That was 5 players and should’ve won the SB. If Debo, Grady, and neal would’ve had pro bowl level performance during the season we most def win the SB without even coming down to a FG. 

Get freeman going we might have that here again, my man. 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Get freeman going we might have that here again, my man. 

Very much possible. If we can have 3 pro bowlers on each side of the ball this season we’re on our way again. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I have no idea why ppl think wining a SB is annoying individual achievement? Jerry rice doesn’t win a SB without Joe, Craig, Taylor, Lott, Hicks, and the rest of that 49ers team. Like I was trying to explain to @ya_boi_j the other day and I may have done a poor job at clarifying myself, but teams that win SB’s have MULTIPLE players that perform at a high level. At LEAST 4-5. And the rest of the team has to do so their jobs. The niners didn’t win soley because of rice. But Rice was that piece on offense that damaged defenses on a regular basis. And they didn’t beat themselves. Them it’s how your team is built. If you’re an offensive team 10 x outta 10 you’re gonna have either a stellar RB if you don’t have a stellar qb or a stellar wr if you have a stellar qb. If your core star players are performing at high levels unselfishly and the rest of the team is doing their jobs then it GREATLY increases a change at a SB. A team full of Paul worrilows doesn’t stand a chance. It just ends up being a bunch of feel good stories. You see how fast we parted ways with him once we got Debo?? 

Exactly.  Put Julio on the Dolphins and they still suck.  It requires units on both sides of the ball that have talent, are well coached and plays together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Isaac Bruce is #5 all time receiving yards. Reggie wayne also Top 10. 

And DQ/Shanny are who choked the SB, not #2. 

They choked by putting the ball in our elite QBs hands and not our slightly above average RB hands? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now