mattyicefalcon

Julio Jones Can Set Amazing Record Sunday!

108 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2019 at 8:36 AM, TheFatboi said:

Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Jerry Rice, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, a countless great players set records on the way to SB wins. This may he hard for you to understand but getting to a SB and winning actually go hand in hand with consistent great individual play. Over time great players set records on the way to winning a SB. This is an individual achievement of consistency. Winning a SB is a team achievement. One man cannot win a SB. Please stop comparing a players consistent play to a SB. And to win a SB you need pro bowl play at every position. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, S. Bill Belichik said that. So instead of only Julio being the one player that makes the pro bowl every year by his INDIVIDUAL play how bout Matt, Free, Julio, Mack, Grady, Debo, Tru, and Neal all have pro bowl level play. That’s 8 pro bowlers from one team at every level position. That greatly increases the chance to win a SB. So while you keep *****ing and moaning about a players individual accomplishments you should actually WANT great individual accomplishments at every position. 

Tl;dr.  Golfclap for you liking stats instead of championships.

ya_boi_j likes this

On 9/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, ya_boi_j said:

If huge stats guaranteed a super bowl it would be worth it

And nobody in media seems to highlight this

On 9/11/2019 at 3:16 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I’m sure Julio thinks the same.

I’ve never once heard him talk about individual achievement over a team win.

This is exactly the response I thought Julio would give after breaking Roddy record he wasn’t even aware of it to busy worried about winning the game.

papachaz and TheFatboi like this

On 9/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, NYCFalc said:

I’m still trying to think of when a top WR last won a super bowl since like Jerry Rice

Michael Irvin Jordy Nelson Marvin Harrison.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Tl;dr.  Golfclap for you liking stats instead of championships.

Stats get you championships fool!!! There’s always gonna be some incredible stat line from championship team. Whether it’s the qb putting up amazing numbers. Or the wr dominating. Or somebody on the defense putting up 18 sacks. Or the defense as a whole being historic and allowing only 13 points a game average. There are no championship teams that’s didn’t have some crazy stat line whether individual or team. Show me a team that won a ring where there wasn’t an individual or a unit that didn’t put up a crazy stat line that season. I played this game. And one thing I know is SOMEBODY gotta out up some numbers. It doesn’t have to be an individual but as a team put up. The saints lead the league in turnovers and were #1 rushing the year they won the SB. Those are effing stats. And it’s an indicator of how well your team is doing. Is KC not a team that can go to the SB?? If you say no then you’d be telling a lie. You know why they’re a contender? Cause that boy slinging the ball is putting up numbers. PERIOD!!! 

JDaveG and falconidae like this

2 hours ago, tactician said:

Roddy played with more passion and intensity than Julio, but Julio is more talented physically and athletically.

I wouldn’t say that. Julio plays with a lot of passion an intensity. The talking part is the difference between the two. Julio is naturally the more laid back one but on the field his passion and intensity come out a different way. Think back to the jets game the play he broke his foot? He made a one handed catch while being interfered and slammed the ball after the catch. That’s passion and intensity. Roddy would’ve got up and talked and jumped up and down.  Again passion and intensity. You just have to decipher the two. 

papachaz likes this

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

But we’re supposed to give a ****. Why tf should we give a **** when the player himself doesn’t. 

Because as a fan it’s an indicator of how well the team can do. If you have a RB averaging 120 yards a game chances are you’re gonna be in the playoffs. If you have a qb averaging 459 yards and 3 td’s a game changes are high that you’re going to the playoffs. I HAVE to see great individual effort from at least 4/5 guys on a team and there’s no way that team isn’t going to the playoffs. As the goat Belichik said you need pro bowl level play from somebody at  each level. Qb, rb, wr, OL, dl’ lb, cb, s. Bill SAID that. Sounds to me bill wants 8 individuals to put up numbers. Hence pro bowl level play. You ain’t doin that without some kind of recognizable stat. I grew up in SF. And every year the niners won a SB they had multiple guys that put up amazing stats. Joe, rice, Lott, Craig. INDIVIDUAL stats. Julio is saying the right things but he knows if he doesn’t perform well he’s letting his team down. And usually great performance produces what?? Stats!!! 

kiwifalcon, falconidae and Geneaut like this

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Because as a fan it’s an indicator of how well the team can do. If you have a RB averaging 120 yards a game chances are you’re gonna be in the playoffs. If you have a qb averaging 459 yards and 3 td’s a game changes are high that you’re going to the playoffs. I HAVE to see great individual effort from at least 4/5 guys on a team and there’s no way that team isn’t going to the playoffs. As the goat Belichik said you need pro bowl level play from somebody at  each level. Qb, rb, wr, OL, dl’ lb, cb, s. Bill SAID that. Sounds to me bill wants 8 individuals to put up numbers. Hence pro bowl level play. You ain’t doin that without some kind of recognizable stat. I grew up in SF. And every year the niners won a SB they had multiple guys that put up amazing stats. Joe, rice, Lott, Craig. INDIVIDUAL stats. Julio is saying the right things but he knows if he doesn’t perform well he’s letting his team down. And usually great performance produces what?? Stats!!! 

Man everyone doesn't care about stats. If you care, you care. You can't force that **** down anyone's throat and try to make us care. You can give all the examples that you want to give and it's not going to change that at all. As you said in this very post " I HAVE to see great individual effort from at least 4/5 guys". That's your approach. Everyone isn't going to share that approach. I know you don't like that but it's the truth.

At a certain level stats are indicative of some level of playing ability. So, yes, I want players on my team to have good stats because that typically indicates they are succeeding on the field.

It's better if the stats also happen while your team is winning. I'd argue its usually easier to win when you have a lot of good, stat producing players though it isn't always the entire case.

And since I'm a Falcon's fan since 1979 I've been conditioned to get enjoyment from individual effort over team success because frankly thats about all we had for many many seasons.

falconidae, papachaz and kiwifalcon like this

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

But we’re supposed to give a ****. Why tf should we give a **** when the player himself doesn’t. 

because we as the fans control everything......

what we think, say and want is ALL that matters, did you forget??

:ninja:

I'm still waiting for responses from those guys who said not to say something on a message board you wouldn't say in real life, to post up how it went when they went over to the branch and told the players they were soft. :lol:

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, papachaz said:

because we as the fans control everything......

what we think, say and want is ALL that matters, did you forget??

:ninja:

I'm still waiting for responses from those guys who said not to say something on a message board you wouldn't say in real life, to post up how it went when they went over to the branch and told the players they were soft. :lol:

. :ninja::ninja:

papachaz likes this

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Man everyone doesn't care about stats. If you care, you care. You can't force that **** down anyone's throat and try to make us care. You can give all the examples that you want to give and it's not going to change that at all. As you said in this very post " I HAVE to see great individual effort from at least 4/5 guys". That's your approach. Everyone isn't going to share that approach. I know you don't like that but it's the truth.

I don’t care what somebody’s approach is. Bottom line is the REAL truth is great performance brings stats. And stats puts you in the playoffs. THAT is the truth. You don’t have to care about stats personally. That’s cool. I don’t have an issue with that. But I want guys on the team to perform well. And in performing well that produce stats. You cant dispute that bro  lol. And if they’re playing well as a team then all those collective preformamces puts us back in the playoffs and a chance for a SB. 2016 how many great individual performances  did we get?  Matt, Julio, Mack, Beasley, Grady, Free, Coleman. Those performances made us great that year. That’s all I’m saying. You don’t have to care about that but you can’t dispute the REAL truth to why teams win. They put up numbers. 

papachaz, falconidae and Porkins like this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I don’t care what somebody’s approach is. Bottom line is the REAL truth is great performance brings stats. And stats puts you in the playoffs. THAT is the truth. You don’t have to care about stats personally. That’s cool. I don’t have an issue with that. But I want guys on the team to perform well. And in performing well that produce stats. You cant dispute that bro  lol. And if they’re playing well as a team then all those collective preformamces puts us back in the playoffs and a chance for a SB. 2016 how many great individual performances  did we get?  Matt, Julio, Mack, Beasley, Grady, Free, Coleman. Those performances made us great that year. That’s all I’m saying. You don’t have to care about that but you can’t dispute the REAL truth to why teams win. They put up numbers. 

You care because you straight up said that we SHOULD care about stats. The bad part about your argument is that no one is disputing anything but yourself. No one has said anything against what you said. You made it to be that way.

Now as for the bolded, it goes back to what I said, if stats guaranteed a Super Bowl, they would mean so much more. I can easily point to other monster individual seasons that lead to absolutely nothing but an L in the playoffs if I really wanted to and i'm sure you know i'm telling the truth.

Now what you just did was flip your own narrative. You came right back to what those of us who disagree with you said. Have we not stated that we care about team accomplishments? Last I check a group of collective performances equates to what the team has done, not 1 player putting up numbers by himself. This thread is about Julio setting a record. Him approaching this record has led to no trophy. We can blame whatever we want about 2016 but in the end, it came down to the overall team performance, not that amazing catch Julio made on the sideline that should have iced the game. Instead of keeping the topic about Julio approaching this record you flipped the entire narrative :lol::lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You care because you straight up said that we SHOULD care about stats. The bad part about your argument is that no one is disputing anything but yourself. No one has said anything against what you said. You made it to be that way.

Now as for the bolded, it goes back to what I said, if stats guaranteed a Super Bowl, they would mean so much more. I can easily point to other monster individual seasons that lead to absolutely nothing but an L in the playoffs if I really wanted to and i'm sure you know i'm telling the truth.

Now what you just did was flip your own narrative. You came right back to what those of us who disagree with you said. Have we not stated that we care about team accomplishments? Last I check a group of collective performances equates to what the team has done, not 1 player putting up numbers by himself. This thread is about Julio setting a record. Him approaching this record has led to no trophy. We can blame whatever we want about 2016 but in the end, it came down to the overall team performance, not that amazing catch Julio made on the sideline that should have iced the game. Instead of keeping the topic about Julio approaching this record you flipped the entire narrative :lol::lol::lol:

I didn’t flip. I’m saying the same thing. Performance brings stats. 4/5 individuals. Matt, Julio, Mack, Matthews, Grady, Beasley, Free, Coleman. That’s 8 individuals from the 2016 that produced. Put up stats. They performed well. I don’t know where you’re thinking I flipped but I know exactly what I’m saying. A team that doesn’t put up numbers individually and team wide isn’t going far. You complain about your canes. That’s cause they don’t have any individuals that are playing like the ray lewises and Jerome Browns. Those boys out up great performances which brought greet stat lines. Maybe you’re just misconstruing what I’m saying but you HAVE to have guys performing at a high level and performing at a high level produces stats in the construct of the season. I’m not talking about rogue selfish performances. I’m talking about guys doing their jobs and performing great. IE individual performance. Your core players are the guys that should put those numbers up. Matt, Julio, Free, Mack, Mathews, Grady, Debo, takk, Beasley, tru, Neal, Rico. Out of those 12 guys if 4-5 of them COLLECTIVELY  put up a great individual performance we’re back in the playoff.  PERIOD!!!!! I hope you understand what I’m talking about a little better. We ain’t goin anywhere if we don’t have at least 4-5 great individual performances. Which produces stats. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I didn’t flip. I’m saying the same thing. Performance brings stats. 4/5 individuals. Matt, Julio, Mack, Matthews, Grady, Beasley, Free, Coleman. That’s 8 individuals from the 2016 that produced. Put up stats. They performed well. I don’t know where you’re thinking I flipped but I know exactly what I’m saying. A team that doesn’t put up numbers individually and team wide isn’t going far. You complain about your canes. That’s cause they don’t have any individuals that are playing like the ray lewises and Jerome Browns. Those boys out up great performances which brought greet stat lines. Maybe you’re just misconstruing what I’m saying but you HAVE to have guys performing at a high level and performing at a high level produces stats in the construct of the season. I’m not talking about rogue selfish performances. I’m talking about guys doing their jobs and performing great. IE individual performance. Your core players are the guys that should put those numbers up. Matt, Julio, Free, Mack, Mathews, Grady, Debo, takk, Beasley, tru, Neal, Rico. Out of those 12 guys if 4-5 of them COLLECTIVELY  put up a great individual performance we’re back in the playoff.  PERIOD!!!!! I hope you understand what I’m talking about a little better. We ain’t goin anywhere if we don’t have at least 4-5 great individual performances. Which produces stats. 

Actually I don't complain about the Hurricanes. I point out the obvious, they haven't won anything in years so i'm used to seeing my teams lose.

The point you're missing is that us saying we care about team accomplishments is strictly referring to the group. 1 guy putting up huge numbers alone doesn't lead to anything, see Calvin Johnson. You're saying exactly what we've said. Again, no one has to give a **** about Julio gaining 10,000 career yards. That stat means nothing to team accomplishments, that just adds to his hall of fame case.

I understood what you were talking about all along. The problem is you don't take time to try to really get a grasp of what we were saying and have just go on rants thinking people don't actually already know what you're trying to preach :lol::lol:

End of the day, a group is a team. That group usually consists of 2-3 star players on offense and defense that stand out above the rest but the performances all add up, but in the end, they do not guarantee you a regular season victory,  a Super Bowl or even a trip to the playoffs. You still have to show up and produce when it matters most.

Last year vs Philly Julio had 10 catches for 169 yards with 0 touchdowns. Loss

Last year vs Cincinatti Matt Ryan was 29-39 with 419 yard, 3 tds and 0 ints. Loss

2012 vs the Cardinals Matt Ryan was 28-46 with 301 yards, 0 tds and 5 ints. Win

Group efforts, not certain individual efforts. Jacksonville has had a defense full of over achievers the past few years and only have 1 playoff appearance to show for it. I'm sure you get what I'm saying

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

lol Jordy Nelson

Wasn't he like 10th in receiving yards the year they won the Super Bowl?

17 minutes ago, knomercy said:

lol Jordy Nelson

Jennings was their big pass-catching threat during the SB run. Jordy was maybe year 2 or 3 at that point.

Jennings was #4 in yardage for WRs that season, and #2 for TDs so you could argue he was a top WR that season. Roddy actually was a beast that season with 115 catches for 1389 yards with 10 TDs. Of course GB beat us in the playoffs on their way to the SB.

Edited by Geneaut

5 hours ago, knomercy said:

lol Jordy Nelson

Go an ask Aaron Rodgers how important Jordy Nelson was to him.

10 hours ago, tactician said:

Roddy played with more passion and intensity than Julio, but Julio is more talented physically and athletically.

Based on what, lol? Julio played the Green Bay game with his foot about to fall off and had the best playoff performance in Falcons history. The things people come up with geezh.

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’ll give you Harrison, maybe Irvin, Nelson does not count. Thanks for pointing out one definite tho although they also had Waynes and was better than the other two you mentioned.