mattyicefalcon

Julio Jones Can Set Amazing Record Sunday!

108 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Show me where I said it wasn’t 

Referring to them as fluff stats. Then saying if huge stats guaranteed a super bowl it’d be worth it.

Youre such a downer.

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Referring to them as fluff stats. Then saying if huge stats guaranteed a super bowl it’d be worth it.

Youre such a downer.

well, I said fluff stats because "I" don't care about stats. And getting over 2000 yards does not guarantee a super bowl. That's not being a downer, that's being honest. Had I said you guys are silly for worrying about stats then you would have a reason to make a big deal out of it. If it bothers you I would convince you not to put stock into anything that I say and consider my posts irrelevant

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Roddy and Julio were both first round picks and both became the all time leading receiver.

So watch out Julio....Ridley is coming for you.

Hope so that’s why we drafted him.

Jesus likes this

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

well, I said fluff stats because "I" don't care about stats. And getting over 2000 yards does not guarantee a super bowl. That's not being a downer, that's being honest. Had I said you guys are silly for worrying about stats then you would have a reason to make a big deal out of it. If it bothers you I would convince you not to put stock into anything that I say and consider my posts irrelevant

You said it’d be worth it if it guaranteed a super bowl, not just that it didn’t guarantee it. When you say worth it, you’re saying that it’s not worth it if it doesn’t come with a super bowl. No need to be condescending just keep that same energy that you started with.

43 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

You said it’d be worth it if it guaranteed a super bowl, not just that it didn’t guarantee it. When you say worth it, you’re saying that it’s not worth it if it doesn’t come with a super bowl. No need to be condescending just keep that same energy that you started with.

Lol you're coming at me with unnecessary energy. If I really wanted to I would give you the silly argument that you are looking for but it really aint worth it. It's only gonna be back and forth of the same things being said over and over. You attempted to accuse me of saying it was an issue if fans got excited and that was a bold lie. No point in trying to add to it in an effort to get me riled up cause it aint gonna work. Sorry buddy. Bottom line is you care about stats, I don't care about stats. I aint trying to convince anyone otherwise. If I was, I would entertain you beyond this post.

26 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol you're coming at me with unnecessary energy. If I really wanted to I would give you the silly argument that you are looking for but it really aint worth it. It's only gonna be back and forth of the same things being said over and over. Bottom line is you care about stats, I don't care about stats. I aint trying to convince anyone otherwise. If I was, I would entertain you beyond this post.

Lol do you feel attacked? All I’m saying is that you should enjoy stats and individual accomplishments. There’s no reason not to. But here we are, on a message board, and you don’t want to explain why you don’t care about them. I don’t care if you don’t, I’m curious as to why.

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

8 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Lol do you feel attacked? All I’m saying is that you should enjoy stats and individual accomplishments. There’s no reason not to. But here we are, on a message board, and you don’t want to explain why you don’t care about them. I don’t care if you don’t, I’m curious as to why.

Lol  “you should enjoy stats”. Ok

49 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

My wife literally just told me the exact same thing 15 minutes ago. 

Why would she thank you? That's an odd thing to thank someone for.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Vandy likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

That’s an odd question to ask someone

Odd thing to tell a group of strangers just to avoid a simple question. In my experience it more of a I'm glad you did rathat than thanking me. It's not like picking up the dry cleaning or making dinner for the kids.

52 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Odd thing to tell a group of strangers just to avoid a simple question. In my experience it more of a I'm glad you did rathat than thanking me. It's not like picking up the dry cleaning or making dinner for the kids.

I’m not avoiding the question. You just make me feel extremely uncomfortable when you ask personal questions. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m not avoiding the question. You just make me feel extremely uncomfortable when you ask personal questions. 

What's your s.s.n, and the name of your first pet?

I'm more concerned about Julio actually showing up to play this weekend. Against the Vikings, Julio was mostly invisible. Maybe DK wasn't able to implement a gameplan that utilized JJ to the fullest extent. Maybe, JJ is injured. Maybe JJ is rusty from no live game action. Watching the replay, I saw Julio not finishing some of his routes, not getting any separation, and the TD he got came against an average CB. Julio did not have a good game. Usually, Julio is a force, but against the Vikings, he was a non-factor for the majority of the game.

6 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

I'm more concerned about Julio actually showing up to play this weekend. Against the Vikings, Julio was mostly invisible. Maybe DK wasn't able to implement a gameplan that utilized JJ to the fullest extent. Maybe, JJ is injured. Maybe JJ is rusty from no live game action. Watching the replay, I saw Julio not finishing some of his routes, not getting any separation, and the TD he got came against an average CB. Julio did not have a good game. Usually, Julio is a force, but against the Vikings, he was a non-factor for the majority of the game.

Hard to be a force when you’re doubled and tripled on every single snap. It’s nothing new to him but he’s not gonna be productive if Matt’s trying to force the ball to him while he’s smothered. 

On 9/11/2019 at 8:05 AM, ya_boi_j said:

If huge stats guaranteed a super bowl it would be worth it

I’m still trying to think of when a top WR last won a super bowl since like Jerry Rice

ya_boi_j likes this

20 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

My wife literally just told me the exact same thing 15 minutes ago. 

I bet she did lol

h9FC31458

Edited by NYCFalc
ya_boi_j and Vandy like this

Some other interesting stats on Julio.   With 3 more 100 yard receiving games he ties Randy Moss (55) for 3rd most career 100 yard games.  With 7 more 100 yard games he ties Marvin Harrison (59) for 2nd most 100 yard games.  At that point he would trail only Jerry Rice (76).  He is averaging 7.8 100 yard games a year since 2014 so it is conceivable he could be #2 all time by the end of this year.

Julio is averaging 1300 yards/season on his career.  If Julio stays Julio through the next few years (which I'm sure we all hope he will given the new contract) he will be around top 25 all time after this year..  around top 15 all time next year.. and could be in the top 10 all time in receiving yards by the end of the 2021 season.   If Julio is blessed with health and longevity enough..  he could easily be in the top 5 all time by the time his career is all said and done.  

Enjoy having him here while it lasts folks.  We're watching a Hall of Fame career in progress.  

Geneaut, falconidae and kiwifalcon like this