mattyicefalcon

Julio Jones Can Set Amazing Record Sunday!

108 posts in this topic

Remember back when people spent a couple of years arguing that we overpaid for Julio and that Cleveland won that trade? He's about to become the official best WR in Falcons in history. And it couldn't happen to a classier man. I'm so proud that he's worn an Atlanta jersey for every day of his NFL career.

He's going to be the franchise's leading receiver in 100 fewer catches and 58 fewer games than Roddy White. I'd say that's pretty nuts. By the time he retires, that career number will likely be unattainable.

23 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

He's going to be the franchise's leading receiver in 100 fewer catches and 58 fewer games than Roddy White. I'd say that's pretty nuts. By the time he retires, that career number will likely be unattainable.

Still want him to get 2000 yards in a season  beat the great Calvin Johnson and walkaway with Superbowl MVP with Lombardi.

Vandy, ShmevinShmarris and JDaveG like this

8 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Still want him to get 2000 yards in a season  beat the great Calvin Johnson and walkaway with Superbowl MVP with Lombardi.

If huge stats guaranteed a super bowl it would be worth it

Skeetbird likes this

5 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Another record instead of a Superbowl win.  Stat Champs, baby!

Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Jerry Rice, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, a countless great players set records on the way to SB wins. This may he hard for you to understand but getting to a SB and winning actually go hand in hand with consistent great individual play. Over time great players set records on the way to winning a SB. This is an individual achievement of consistency. Winning a SB is a team achievement. One man cannot win a SB. Please stop comparing a players consistent play to a SB. And to win a SB you need pro bowl play at every position. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, S. Bill Belichik said that. So instead of only Julio being the one player that makes the pro bowl every year by his INDIVIDUAL play how bout Matt, Free, Julio, Mack, Grady, Debo, Tru, and Neal all have pro bowl level play. That’s 8 pro bowlers from one team at every level position. That greatly increases the chance to win a SB. So while you keep *****ing and moaning about a players individual accomplishments you should actually WANT great individual accomplishments at every position. 

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Jerry Rice, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, a countless great players set records on the way to SB wins. This may he hard for you to understand but getting to a SB and winning actually go hand in hand with consistent great individual play. Over time great players set records on the way to winning a SB. This is an individual achievement of consistency. Winning a SB is a team achievement. One man cannot win a SB. Please stop comparing a players consistent play to a SB. And to win a SB you need pro bowl play at every position. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, S. Bill Belichik said that. So instead of only Julio being the one player that makes the pro bowl every year by his INDIVIDUAL play how bout Matt, Free, Julio, Mack, Grady, Debo, Tru, and Neal all have pro bowl level play. That’s 8 pro bowlers from one team at every level position. That greatly increases the chance to win a SB. So while you keep *****ing and moaning about a players individual accomplishments you should actually WANT great individual accomplishments at every position. 

Have we done it yet?

Yeah didn't think so, you also listed 4 QBs and a WR that played with one of them.

No one said it was bad, they pointed out how nothing has come of it in the 12 years guys like him and Ryan have been doing it.

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Unfortunately, We live in world of instant gratification. Enjoy the journey, the struggles, the ups and downs. When the Falcons win the SB it will be more sweeter. No one is winning SB in September. 

Marco102, JDaveG, Vandy and 3 others like this

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Have we done it yet?

Yeah didn't think so, you also listed 4 QBs and a WR that played with one of them.

No one said it was bad, they pointed out how nothing has come of it in the 12 years guys like him and Ryan have been doing it.

YES WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!! He’s always complaining about Julio’s good play. And y’all keep acting kind we weren’t in the SB in 2016. And def should have a ring. So maybe you’ll be happy if nobody plays at a high level. I don’t understand the thought process of the fans on this board yet. And the attitude is absolutely alluding to sounding like individual great play is a bad thing. It takes that. And yes the best years this team has had yielded a good amount of pro bowlers. It may not have been 8 but it has been 5. And nobody has 8 pro bowlers consistently like that. That was just a reference from Bill Belichick. He didn’t mean literally 8 pro bowlers but pro bowl level play. So YES we have gotten that type of play from individuals. And we were a good team when it’s happened. 2016 alone we had pro bowl level play from at LEAST 8 players. This complaining sh*t gets old. But if Julio started playing like sh*t them it’s another issue. 

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Unfortunately, We live in world of instant gratification. Enjoy the journey, the struggles, the ups and downs. When the Falcons win the SB it will be more sweeter. No one is winning SB in September. 

Maybe if the fan energy was better they could bring a SB into existence. I’m a firm believer in the law of attraction. Maybe it’s the fans that attract no SB wins to the team because they constantly put that into existence. Into the universe. 

Vandy, gazoo, kiwifalcon and 4 others like this

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

YES WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!! He’s always complaining about Julio’s good play. And y’all keep acting kind we weren’t in the SB in 2016. And def should have a ring. So maybe you’ll be happy if nobody plays at a high level. I don’t understand the thought process of the fans on this board yet. And the attitude is absolutely alluding to sounding like individual great play is a bad thing. It takes that. And yes the best years this team has had yielded a good amount of pro bowlers. It may not have been 8 but it has been 5. And nobody has 8 pro bowlers consistently like that. That was just a reference from Bill Belichick. He didn’t mean literally 8 pro bowlers but pro bowl level play. So YES we have gotten that type of play from individuals. And we were a good team when it’s happened. 2016 alone we had pro bowl level play from at LEAST 8 players. This complaining sh*t gets old. But if Julio started playing like sh*t them it’s another issue. 

I understand that exceptional individual play breeds team success. I also understand why people are tired and fed up. Why would ANYONE want to remember 2016? There has been so much dissatisfaction, disappointment and downright embarrassment over the years.

SB 51

Eugene Robinson 

Mike Vick

2012 NFCCG

6-2/8-8

There's more than I'm probably forgetting about but that's just the last few years people are fed up and they rightfully should be there's nothing this team or this franchise has done to make us think positive in any way.

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I understand that exceptional individual play breeds team success. I also understand why people are tired and fed up. Why would ANYONE want to remember 2016? There has been so much dissatisfaction, disappointment and downright embarrassment over the years.

SB 51

Eugene Robinson 

Mike Vick

2012 NFCCG

6-2/8-8

There's more than I'm probably forgetting about but that's just the last few years people are fed up and they rightfully should be there's nothing this team or this franchise has done to make us think positive in any way.

Why be miserable?  Seriously.  Go be a Patriots fan until they start losing and then find the newest, latest greatest team to pull for.

If you have nothing about this team which makes you think positive in any way, being a fan isn't worth it.  You've lost perspective.

Vandy, falconidae, Geneaut and 4 others like this

15 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Why be miserable?  Seriously.  Go be a Patriots fan until they start losing and then find the newest, latest greatest team to pull for.

If you have nothing about this team which makes you think positive in any way, being a fan isn't worth it.  You've lost perspective.

Because unfortunately I'm loyal to a fault in everyday life to. I'm not going to root for another team because I'm fed up with this one. I'm also not going to pretend everything is OK like some of you guys do because you think it makes you better than someone else.

Y'all act like this team's only a few years old they been around for 50 years and are probably one of the most disappointing franchises in the history of sports.

Telling someone to go root for another team because they are unhappy with how this one has been has to be 1 of the biggest bullship cop out responses I've ever heard.

RING OF HONOR and ya_boi_j like this

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Because unfortunately I'm loyal to a fault in everyday life to. I'm not going to root for another team because I'm fed up with this one. I'm also not going to pretend everything is OK like some of you guys do because you think it makes you better than someone else.

Y'all act like this team's only a few years old they been around for 50 years and are probably one of the most disappointing franchises in the history of sports.

Telling someone to go root for another team because they are unhappy with how this one has been has to be 1 of the biggest bullship cop out responses I've ever heard.

You're mad.  Because someone suggested you might have lost perspective when you engage in something that brings you no joy.

If the team is toxic, or if your support of the team is toxic, eradicate the toxin.

Or keep being mad.  It's your life, and your choice.

Marco102, Vandy, kiwifalcon and 1 other like this

Just now, JDaveG said:

You're mad.  Because someone suggested you might have lost perspective when you engage in something that brings you no joy.

If the team is toxic, or if your support of the team is toxic, eradicate the toxin.

Or keep being mad.  It's your life, and your choice.

No I fully understand what you meant.

It's just the "root for the Patriots or next hot team" that was bullcrap. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Maybe if the fan energy was better they could bring a SB into existence. I’m a firm believer in the law of attraction. Maybe it’s the fans that attract no SB wins to the team because they constantly put that into existence. Into the universe. 

Amen! Power of positive thinking. 

Geneaut likes this

34 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Yeah, I'm not in that SB or bust group. I can enjoy the game for individual achievements. Good on JJ. 

Yeah. As bad as 2007 was, I enjoyed Roddy that year. 

Geneaut likes this

The Patriots are one of the most disciplined teams year in and year out.

It's not the talent level.

It's not the fan base.

On offense they identify a defensive weakness and work to exploit it.

On defense every player knows where he is suppose to be.

They adjust throughout the game to give themselves a chance to win.

This makes that team a threat to win every year.

NYCFalc likes this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

TAFT : we are the best fans ever!

TAFT after reading one of our players is breaking a record : MF'er sux unless he gets us a ring

Also, Julio made one of the greatest, most clutch catches in Super Bowl history. Someone I follow on Twitter referred to it in the moment as a championship catch. Julio did his job in the game that mattered the most in his career. He averaged 111 yards and a TD in those three playoff games, too.

This board has never learned to hold its water the weeks that we lose. Everybody becomes the worst or most overrated player ever or a glory-seeking stats hound.

putnam6, Geneaut, Drew4719 and 2 others like this