Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vel

Rise Up...or Get Gone! Scouting the Opponent: The Philadelphia Eagles

106 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’ll be honest, I expect another ugly performance from the offense this week.  But I think our defense will step up and hold Philly under 24 points.  I think we lose a close one but actually build confidence and win 6 of 8 moving forward 

Eagles have one of the best backfields they’ve had since westbrook. Imo it’s better than the Vikings just no Dalvin but they have a better OL as well. 

I think we get ran over again with Miles Sanders leading the way. You may look at his ypc avg from last week and write him off but he had a really good TD run negated by a penalty. He has that speed and balance that gives us fits. Not to mention the Redskins have a better DL than we do.

Eagles D however completely shut down the run and I think they do it again if we trot Freeman out there. Just more dancing and hesitation in the backfield for little to no yardage.

Carson Wentz is one of the hardest QB’s to sack in this league and we dont have the DB’s/coverage to make him hold the ball down. He knows how to buy a good amount of time in the face of pressure and drop bombs on you downfield. This game won’t be close.

They can NOT stop the ball. Scores easily 17-3 right now if Matt connects on the last drive. Keep the ball in the air and put the game out of reach 

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

They can NOT stop the ball. Scores easily 17-3 right now if Matt connects on the last drive. Keep the ball in the air and put the game out of reach 

Folks were throwing the towel in all week because it was Philly. I didn't care. I knew this was the team we were expecting this year. Like you said, one better pass and it's 17-6. Defense is balling. Offense isn't scared of this PHI defense. OL is even holding up. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Folks were throwing the towel in all week because it was Philly. I didn't care. I knew this was the team we were expecting this year. Like you said, one better pass and it's 17-6. Defense is balling. Offense isn't scared of this PHI defense. OL is even holding up. 

I figured they could expose this secondary from the moment I rewatched their game against the Redskins. Keep attacking deep and don’t let up. That interception was some bs but it’s all good

On 9/15/2019 at 0:00 PM, Jerz #Quinning said:

Carson Wentz is one of the hardest QB’s to sack in this league

You were sure right about that

On 9/14/2019 at 1:33 PM, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’ll be honest, I expect another ugly performance from the offense this week.  But I think our defense will step up and hold Philly under 24 points.  I think we lose a close one but actually build confidence and win 6 of 8 moving forward 

Nice