Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vel

Rise Up...or Get Gone! Scouting the Opponent: The Philadelphia Eagles

106 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

You are right, I can only speak on pivotal losses under Dan Quinn era and the post analysis of the outcome is the same everytime....we get beat in trenches.

Sounds like we are beating on a dead horse but, can you in good conscience say for fact we are a better team than what we were in Superbowl year?

I can’t say it in good conscience because I don’t know yet. What I will say is that this team has the talent to match that 2016 season success wise. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I can’t say it in good conscience because I don’t know yet. What I will say is that this team has the talent to match that 2016 season success wise. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. 

I'm cautiously optimistic but, if they lose Philly Game ....

Our probability of making playoffs is under 20% ...you can mark this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I want our guys to be FULL participation till Friday

 

 

Gage won’t be back for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gage won’t be back for sure. 

I feel sorry for him...guy is giving his life for Falcons.

Offensive line needs to give Ryan extra few seconds so these guys fully get through their routes....because Ridley and Gage are similar body type unlike Sanu or Julio who can take some beating of get in traffic and make catches. 

That has to be mindful....or else poor kid may land up in I.R! 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWFALCON said:

Any news on a fine for that hit? 

I honestly don’t even look for that type of info. Just run into it here or randomly on twitter 

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

I feel sorry for him...guy is giving his life for Falcons.

Offensive line needs to give Ryan extra few seconds so these guys fully get through their routes....because Ridley and Gage are similar body type unlike Sanu or Julio who can take some beating of get in traffic and make catches. 

That has to be mindful....or else poor kid may land up in I.R! 

That one grab he made that he ended up out of bounds is what I love to see. Catches like that is why I was in full support of him. When he got the concussion I initially thought it was a leg injury because of the angle they were showing. I don’t know why it sometimes initially appears to be something else when players get concussions but maybe that’s just me. Hope he gets back soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, vel said:

Exhibit A:

What in the heIl is Devondre doing? Everybody else is going to see this as a front side issue, but this play is lost before the snap because your 4th year LB can't even get in the proper gap when it's in his ******** face! As a result, the LG is able to get to the second level and cut him, when he shouldn't even be there. Campbell should be running off of Davison's back hip. Everything is flowing correctly, it gets turned inside correctly, but the LB that's supposed to fill is absent. Instead of a gain of 3-5, it's a gain of 20. 

Peeps keep pointing to Neal’s bad 1st game back from injury all week, but to me Campbell was worse. Good to see you pointing this out. 

vel, PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Vikings weak link was the interior oline which is probably why they went to attack the edges.

Eagles don't have that problem so it's going to be a different matchup.  Grady is Grady but I'm not sure we're going to be seeing the rest of the dline giving the Vikings Interior fits.

I also disagree about matching up well on Paper.  Falcons WRs are probably better than their secondary but I don't like the matchup in the trenches.  Especially our oline against their dline.

Yeah....to put it mildly.  I have a feeling Wentz and the offense are going to have to win a lot of shoot-outs this year.  Our line is solid, but got dinged up last week.  We aren't much on the back end without a pass rush.  Darby can ball sometimes - but he leaves plays on the field.  

The Eagles didn't play their starters in the preseason, so perhaps that's why they started slow last week - but they gave up way too many big plays.  I think this will be a tough one on the road this week - I don't like the fact that the Falcons are coming in 0-1.  I would've much prefered two 1-0 teams.  Teams don't like to start the year 0-2, and desperate teams can be dangerous.

falconsfan84 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Yeah....to put it mildly.  I have a feeling Wentz and the offense are going to have to win a lot of shoot-outs this year.  Our line is solid, but got dinged up last week.  We aren't much on the back end without a pass rush.  Darby can ball sometimes - but he leaves plays on the field.  

The Eagles didn't play their starters in the preseason, so perhaps that's why they started slow last week - but they gave up way too many big plays.  I think this will be a tough one on the road this week - I don't like the fact that the Falcons are coming in 0-1.  I would've much prefered two 1-0 teams.  Teams don't like to start the year 0-2, and desperate teams can be dangerous.

And got embarrassed.

I never like it when the Falcons play a team coming off an embarrassing loss.  That's when you get their best shot and then some.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And got embarrassed.

I never like it when the Falcons play a team coming off an embarrassing loss.  That's when you get their best shot and then some.

Exactly. Falcons just got humiliated. They are definitely going into Sunday night pretty angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 0:26 PM, vel said:

When the Falcons are on Offense: Matt got his usual week one stinker out of the way. Since DQ has been here, Matt has averaged a 113.1 passer rating with a 7:2 TD/INT ratio in week two compared to 94.1 passer rating and a 5:3 split in week one. If there is one guy I'm putting money on, it's Matthew Thomas Ryan. He bounces back, this team can win. The last two games versus Philly on the road, he's been bad. But he's at home this time and fresh off a terrible game. He rarely puts two of these together. Like I noted above, Case Keenum lit this group up in week one. Matt can do that. The Eagles tend to be more aggressive but at times less disciplined. Sark refused to exploit this the two times in a row. If Koetter and Co. want to go home early, do the same. They need to exploit this secondary. Keenum had guys running wide open all game. With lesser talent. They need to win this match up consistently. The OL should be able to get some movement, especially with Brown in the game. Lindstrom is easily the better pass protector but Brown can maul in the run game. That 6'5 340lb man needs to earn his check Sunday. They don't need 100 yards, but they need balance and the threat of Freeman and Co breaking loose. Keep the offense in 2nd/3rd and manageable situations. I'm expecting a big bounce back game from everybody on this side of the ball. Koetter, Matt, Jake, Freeman. Everybody. Too much money and talent to score 0 points for a full game (**** the 12 points they were gifted). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, McMVP said:

Yeah....to put it mildly.  I have a feeling Wentz and the offense are going to have to win a lot of shoot-outs this year.  Our line is solid, but got dinged up last week.  We aren't much on the back end without a pass rush.  Darby can ball sometimes - but he leaves plays on the field.  

The Eagles didn't play their starters in the preseason, so perhaps that's why they started slow last week - but they gave up way too many big plays.  I think this will be a tough one on the road this week - I don't like the fact that the Falcons are coming in 0-1.  I would've much prefered two 1-0 teams.  Teams don't like to start the year 0-2, and desperate teams can be dangerous.

Appreciate the respect for the Falcons in this post. I'm not at all certain the Falcons will come out dangerous. Right now I'd be overjoyed with mildly menacing. lol. It's too early in the season for this to be Do-or-Die, but with the beat-down in Minnesota and the game being on national tv, it's going to feel like it.

Provided the Falcons are better prepared and play more focused and less sloppy, this could be a really enjoyable game to watch. Two veteran QB's, a lot of talent on offense, interesting OL & DL match-ups, etc.

If the Falcons could get a win Sunday night, everything down the road looks way more doable, and the calls for Quinn's scalp will subside. Everybody can get hyped up for the patsies ahead. But you guys are going to be extremely difficult to beat. Falcons have to be firing on all cylinders to pull it off. Here's to an epic contest, no injuries and may the best team win. And may the zebras stay the f*uck out of the outcome no matter who that winner is.

 

 

McMVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, vel said:

 When the Falcons are on Offense: Matt got his usual week one stinker out of the way. Since DQ has been here, Matt has averaged a 113.1 passer rating with a 7:2 TD/INT ratio in week two compared to 94.1 passer rating and a 5:3 split in week one. If there is one guy I'm putting money on, it's Matthew Thomas Ryan. He bounces back, this team can win. The last two games versus Philly on the road, he's been bad. But he's at home this time and fresh off a terrible game. He rarely puts two of these together. Like I noted above, Case Keenum lit this group up in week one. Matt can do that. The Eagles tend to be more aggressive but at times less disciplined. Sark refused to exploit this the two times in a row. If Koetter and Co. want to go home early, do the same. They need to exploit this secondary. Keenum had guys running wide open all game. With lesser talent. They need to win this match up consistently. The OL should be able to get some movement, especially with Brown in the game. Lindstrom is easily the better pass protector but Brown can maul in the run game. That 6'5 340lb man needs to earn his check Sunday. They don't need 100 yards, but they need balance and the threat of Freeman and Co breaking loose. Keep the offense in 2nd/3rd and manageable situations. I'm expecting a big bounce back game from everybody on this side of the ball. Koetter, Matt, Jake, Freeman. Everybody. Too much money and talent to score 0 points for a full game (**** the 12 points they were gifted). 

Great thread vel. Im not holding my breath expecting the offense to show up. I don't know how many weapons we need on offense for Matt and (name whatever coordinator except for Shanahan). I see us having red zone issues. None of the bigger sized backs will be activated. Matt doesn't throw jump balls, back shoulder fades to any of the receivers there. Heck I will be surprised if we even get to go deep and actually complete it against the eagles defense. Seems like teams with less talent always know how to exploit other teams weakness while we are solely only worried about spreading the ball. A teams number one corner or linebacker can be out and we still won't exploit the matchups. That's Falcons football always. 

Seriously im expecting more of an improvement from the defense. I can see them keeping this game close for the majority of the game. Our offense will kick plenty of field goals while philly offense scores touchdowns on the only 2-3 drives that makes it to our redzone. 

Looking forward to being at the game this Sunday to watch the defense. I hope Dirk and the offense proves me wrong. 

Edited by ShadyRef
vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This man is smart enough to know you can't risk Matt getting comfortable with our weapons.

We didn't have much of a ground game in our meetings up in Philly...

I think we really need to get the run game going to secure the consistency of the offense early this year and help the OL gel; plus keep the D fresh.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Cole World and ShadyRef like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 0:23 PM, vel said:

Man Washington's defense went stupid in the second half. No situational awareness. Biting on flat routes on 3rd & longs. Just stupid. Even the second bomb to DJax was just stupid awareness by Norman biting on underneath routes. The looked worse than the Texans did last night. 

If Ridley doesn't get a steady dose of deep posts all game when Sidney Jones is lined up on him, Koetter should be fired. He couldn't run with McLaurin and it was obvious. They better not come out scared of this Philly DL. They did not look present. Ereck Flowers looked competent against them. They'll have to blitz to get pressure and the Falcons better be ready. 

You are most optimistic than I am about the offense. Koetter can't make Matt throw the ball to allow his receiver to make the play for him. I see philly with their sub par secondary somehow containing our offense solely to fgs. 

 

I hope the defense can generate some turnovers to help the offense.  I miss Shanahan man. He was killing the league with Taylor Gabriel and Aldrick Robinson in thre mix with Julio and Sanu. That's a less talented Corp than what we have now and yet I see us laying another stinker on offense while the defense finally shows up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

You are most optimistic than I am about the offense. Koetter can't make Matt throw the ball to allow his receiver to make the play for him. I see philly with their sub par secondary somehow containing our offense solely to fgs. 

 

I hope the defense can generate some turnovers to help the offense.  I miss Shanahan man. He was killing the league with Taylor Gabriel and Aldrick Robinson in thre mix with Julio and Sanu. That's a less talented Corp than what we have now and yet I see us laying another stinker on offense while the defense finally shows up. 

But even Kyle had some duds. Don't act like he's some kind of jesus. 

Plus, the Bucs put up 27 on the Eagles the week after we put up 12 last year. Koetter was apart of that gameplanning. The Eagles aren't some insurmountable team. Just because we've lost to them, Kyle included, in recent years means nothing on Sunday. 

ShadyRef and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 0:33 PM, vel said:

Literally have a cupboard running over with playmakers and we make it look so hard. Part of that is Matt though. Guys were open. But he just does this sometimes. Did it last year with the Eagles. Sometimes you gotta grab ya nuts and not care what the defense is trying to do and prove you have the players to beat anybody. Forcing a ball to a triple covered Julio isn't that though. 

Amen. He waits till our backs are against the wall or game is almost out of reach before his '**** it ' button kicks in like that Calvin Ridley touchdown last week. That's the whole point of having great players. Sometimes when the play doesn't greet anybody open as planned and they dare man up on Julio Sanu or Ridley, take a freaking chance Matt! Don't throw one of those ducks that floats in the air forever because it gives the defender a higher chance of getting back in to the play.  

 

vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vel said:

But even Kyle had some duds. Don't act like he's some kind of jesus. 

Plus, the Bucs put up 27 on the Eagles the week after we put up 12 last year. Koetter was apart of that gameplanning. The Eagles aren't some insurmountable team. Just because we've lost to them, Kyle included, in recent years means nothing on Sunday. 

Correct Shanahan did have some duds. No denying that. Still I never lost confidence in the offense unlike with previous coordinators that have sputtered through Matts tenure. We had a different flow. I don't know how Shanahan conducted practices but we were seeing Matt make throws we knew he was more than capable of making regularly. Heck Taylor Gabriel, of all people, was going off. 

Even though he hasn't had his starting qb for much in San Fran, not only fo they move the ball but they also score and go deep with less talent and a back up qb. Shanahan called plays not trying to protect Matt. He called plays that made Matt play worry free. I felt every pass Matt was gonna make was going for a touchdown. Didn't matter if gabriel sanu or Julio was covered. That's what I meant. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This man is smart enough to know you can't risk Matt getting comfortable with our weapons.

We didn't have much of a ground game in our meetings up in Philly...

I think we really need to get the run game going to secure the consistency of the offense early this year and help the OL gel; plus keep the D fresh.

 

19 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This man is smart enough to know you can't risk Matt getting comfortable with our weapons.

We didn't have much of a ground game in our meetings up in Philly...

I think we really need to get the run game going to secure the consistency of the offense early this year and help the OL gel; plus keep the D fresh.

Well if it's been working, keep doing it. Greg Williams blueprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:
This man is smart enough to know you can't risk Matt getting comfortable with our weapons.

We didn't have much of a ground game in our meetings up in Philly...

I think we really need to get the run game going to secure the consistency of the offense early this year and help the OL gel; plus keep the D fresh.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0