Cheyakita

Why didn’t we kick PAT’s?

57 posts in this topic

Well I had a big ZERO for Matt bryant in my FF, lost two leagues by 5 and 6 pts....being a homer sucks! (Released Matt Prater for Bryant)

I felt going for 2 point conversion was actually smart, if by some stroke of luck we were able to make a comeback bid, landing 3 2-point conversions would give us a buffer if Minnesota recovered an onside kick and kicked a field goal--we'd still be in the hunt. 

Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

ya_boi_j and Falcons Fan MVP like this

5 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Seriously? Do you think with the way we were not scoring we had the ability to get 5 scores much less the 4 needed just to tie.  HAH

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

8+8+8+7=31. You're pushing it thinking you're gonna get 3 more possessions

/thread

Hindsight is 20/20. Both calls for 2 point conversions were pre-season-type coaching decisions. Hoping the DQ corrects his mistakes from week 1, as well. 

IMO there was no real reason to go for 2, there was no way we were coming back in that game then. If anything we gave teams an idea on what we might do when a 2pt. conversion really matters...

Edited by Mr.Blank

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

If anything we gave teams an idea on what we might do when a 2pt. conversion really matters...

At least we know that they wouldn't work.  Better to know now so we draw up some better 2pt plays

I agree, I was bewildered. I mean, we all think Money Matt is good to go, but he did pretty 6 much miss all preseason work, etc. Why not trot him out for a coupla gimmees just for a rep or two? Do we really want his first taste of the field to be on a 46 yarder against Philly?

8 hours ago, falconticket said:

8-8-7-3-3= 29

Would take an absolute miracle to have the opportunity to.score 4 times. If his reasoning was based off of 5 scores(which missing the 1 st 2 pt conv ruins that little fantasy) then he does need to be fired.

Flying Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Both calls for 2 point conversions were pre-season-type coaching decisions. Hoping the DQ corrects his mistakes from week 1, as well. 

Nothing to do with hindsight. If you need 4 scores to tie why run a low.% Play and make it.5. Was dumb at that time and still dumb now. I remember him doing something as dumb in.2015.

He needs a calculator

Flying Falcon likes this

On 9/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, shc said:

7+7+7+8= 29

7+7+7+6= still short

Being behind so much there were so many reasons for why the team did why it did, and Im sure not many would be acceptable unless the outcome was victory.  All these score possibilities are moot unless we take advantage of every possession possible, which, we did not at all and sad to say, we lost that game in every way Sunday!

Onto the Eagles, let's put up 45!

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! That's such a joke considering the Falcons didn't score until the 4th quarter.

Well you know math doesn't care about your feelings.

2 hours ago, falconticket said:

Well you know math doesn't care about your feelings.

The Falcons scored with 9 minutes left in the game. Chances of them getting the ball back to score 5 more times after that are slim and none.

It didn't matter. They were going to lose anyways. Might as well run a 2-pt play in a real game so when it matters you know what works and in this case doesn't work.