Cheyakita

Why didn’t we kick PAT’s?

57 posts in this topic

Maybe this has already been answered but found it odd we went for two on the first score. At 28-0, three TD’s and 2 pt conversions on each still has you four points down. Was Bryant not ready or had we given up the chances of a comeback and practiced that aspect of the offense?

3 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Seriously? Do you think with the way we were not scoring we had the ability to get 5 scores much less the 4 needed just to tie.  HAH

You asked, that's likely the reason.

We scored 2 TDs, threw a pick in the endzone and fumbled inside their 30. We moved the ball, it was just sloppy and down right ratchet. 

I'd say more like 8+8+7+7 though.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

We scored 2 TDs, threw a pick in the endzone and fumbled inside their 30. We moved the ball, it was just sloppy and down right ratchet. 

I could see going for two if we got to 28-21 and wanted to go for the win rather than play OT but seemed self defeating or not confident in Bryant IMO. Just curious what the mindset was.

Malachore likes this

It was a good call. Imagine Matt misses one or both, would you want that on top of that pile of turds...?

The math didn't matter. 

10 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

My son, I love you, but check that math!  Dad

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oh dam, that's 30 lol.

34 years alive and you're still having to give me life lessons. Thanks pops

That was awesome!

Full disclosure we had a bit of a meltdown with the 8 year old before getting on the bus this morning so I guess I'm a little more sensitive to this. 

:)

Andrews_31, PokerSteve and ya_boi_j like this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That was awesome!

Full disclosure we had a bit of a meltdown with the 8 year old before getting on the bus this morning so I guess I'm a little more sensitive to this. 

:)

Me and him have a bond that can't be broken, no matter how much I screw up. He teaches, I listen

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'd say more like 8+8+7+7 though.

The real reason (hopefully) is that the goal line offense needed the work and this was a good opportunity with no real downside.

This was one of few good coaching decisions that Quinn made that day.

(If this isn't the real reason, then Quinn is even more of a lost cause than I thought.)

Edited by JeffAtl

The Falcons first score came with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Down 28 - 6. They needed all the point they could possibly get.

I'm sure the new clown Dan hired to help him make in-game decisions, had his Madden cheat sheet book on hand.