Flyin' In DC

Can the Braves Catch the Dodgers

8 posts in this topic

Don't look now but we are only 3 games behind the Dodgers in the standings. I would love to get home field after all this talk about how good the Dodgers are. They have been playing well but the pitching is getting so much better and Folty last night looked like himself again.

Can't wait for October baseball

If we do I think itll be by luck. I think the Braves will go into rest mode once the East is locked up. Still could catch them if the Dodgers do the same but I dont think we'll actively try to catch them.

I think if Dogers go in rest mode and we don't, we get aggressive and go for the best record.

Would love to beat the Dodgers, hate goes back to when we play in their division.

I can see a lot of B squad games once the division is locked up.  But there could be nights where we  could/would see some A- or B+ lineups to get some guys some rest and keep some guys hot. 

6 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I can see a lot of B squad games once the division is locked up.  But there could be nights where we  could/would see some A- or B+ lineups to get some guys some rest and keep some guys hot. 

I don't see Snitker going full spring training. Bobby never did that after the division was locked up. I think you'll get the rotation where we rest 1 or 2 starters per game and maybe skip a couple of guys in rotation like Soroka and Fried.

After Braves loss and Dodgers win last night, stick a fork in this one.

Dodgers will have best record - Braves are 4 games back I believe now.

51 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

After Braves loss and Dodgers win last night, stick a fork in this one.

Dodgers will have best record - Braves are 4 games back I believe now.

4 is correct. 8 up on STL for the #2 and 4 back of LA for the #1. A Braves vs Cardinals NLDS is almost locked up. Cubs have fallen 4 out of the Central.

g-dawg likes this