Tyeler Davison interview

Ergo Proxy

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/davison-were-going-have-chip-our-shoulder

^Audio

Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman Tyler Davison joined Dave Archer on the Dan Quinn Coach’s show.

Tyler told Archer that the Vikings showed some un-scouted looks in the run game.

“They came out with some good schemes to attack our edges with, something we weren’t all the way prepared for.” Davison said “They were exotic, something they didn’t show in the preseason, we have to make sure we are on top of any type of thing we can see. We are going to take this to heart, work on it and get better.”

When asked about controlling the noise outside the building after losing in week 1.

“That’s a person by person thing.” Davison said “That comes with the job, we know that’s something we are going to have to live up to, that just comes with the territory. Playing in New Orleans we lost our first game almost every season I played there, and went on to have good seasons, so I’m no stranger to this.”

Davison said he was brought here to stop the run.

“Definitely.” Davison said “That’s one of the main things I was brought here to do is to stop the run, I play predominantly nose, and that’s the job of the nose tackle is to stop the run, so that’s personal. The first thing those offenses are going to try to do is run the ball, everything is built off that, with that film yesterday we know the Eagles are going to try to run the game. After this last game we’re definitely going to have a chip on our shoulder especially against that run.”

I caught this interview live yesterday.

What was lost in our terrible game in MIN was the dominant play by our interior DL. I don’t expect that every week since the Vikings interior has a rookie C, but Grady/Davison/Bailey were as good as advertised.

fix the edges and let’s regroup.

Bonus Arch interview:

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/dave-archer-john-and-hugh-0

I don't understand we have experienced coaches shouldn't we be planning for every possible scenario? We not only got outplayed we got outcoached. Hopefully we learned a valuable lesson because teams will try and duplicate the Vikings MO to attack us. We have the talent on this team and Staff to fix this. But will we?

12 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I don't understand we have experienced coaches shouldn't we be planning for every possible scenario? We not only got outplayed we got outcoached. Hopefully we learned a valuable lesson because teams will try and duplicate the Vikings MO to attack us. We have the talent on this team and Staff to fix this. But will we?

First game of the year and you will face unscouted looks.

Coaches can’t hold the players hands through everything and everyone just blame coaching.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

First game of the year and you will face unscouted looks.

Coaches can’t hold the players hands through everything and everyone just blame coaching.

Exactly. Execution outweighs all. They could have made proper adjustments as the game went but the players still have to do their jobs. I've said it over and over, for the most part the players were in their spots, the just didn't finish the job. Gotta be better.

52 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

The problem is that we didn’t do any in-game adjustments to counter this.

Would Bill Belichik adjust on the fly after he got torched a few times on the edges?

I imagine so.  

Wondering if we ever did anything different?  I mean the running lanes were ridiculous.

The second I read that. I thought of the Miami wild cat game. Miami in fact torched them that entire day with the same base formation. Just saying. 

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

At least Mike Smith had the team disciplined and on tight leash.

We lack discipline and LEADERSHIP. So having talent means nothing in such big games.

Exactly, all this talent & they took it to us with better plans, better coaching & better execution.

I want to see us attacking weaknesses & giving different looks and dictating the game & strategy rather than always being a victim of it.

Time to step up or AB is going to raise hail.

1 hour ago, Gold4425 said:

The hardest game of the season is the 1st one. That’s the one where you get more unscouted looks. 

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I caught this interview live yesterday.

What was lost in our terrible game in MIN was the dominant play by our interior DL. I don’t expect that every week since the Vikings interior has a rookie C, but Grady/Davison/Bailey were as good as advertised.

fix the edges and let’s regroup.

Bonus Arch interview:

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/dave-archer-john-and-hugh-0

Seriously though. We got murdered on the outside, but we were allowing 2 yards or less almost every inside run. Can't remember the last time that happened. Collapsing the pocket better too.

Shame we couldn't get them to pass more, because our pass rush really showed promise (though the coverage was oof)

5 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

It feels like barring Ryan..and Grady whoever got paid got complacent.

What a waste of A.Bs money! 

Barring Ryan? He threw 2 picks. Who got complacent? You can’t be talking about Julio. Because the guy you just excused in Matt Ryan SAID JULIO HAD TWO GUYS ON HIM THE ENTIRE GAME!!! And when he got the single coverage he made a play. 

Kinda funny that I think most of us were up for a DL upgrade in the 1st round of the draft but out of all the position groups, it was the one that worked the best.  Davison and Bailey were those stealth signings that may have made this D better.   If I'm being real, our LB, Edge and S groups did not play as well as I had hoped.  I can pick on Oliver but the Vikings didn't seem all that interested in challenging the others much.

15 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Exactly, all this talent & they took it to us with better plans, better coaching & better execution.

I want to see us attacking weaknesses & giving different looks and dictating the game & strategy rather than always being a victim of it.

Time to step up or AB is going to raise hail.

Yo bro it wasn’t about all that. It simply was the two early mistakes got us down 14-0. You can’t get down two scores against a defense like minny’s. It’s that simple. They pin their ears back and come after you when you get down that much. That’s what quinn wants to do as well. Get up 2 scored and go after you. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The hardest game of the season is the 1st one. That’s the one where you get more unscouted looks. 

The team is also sloppy as it’s the first time the entire team has played a snap together.  Let alone for 60 minutes.

Unfortunately for Quinn I don’t think he has the same job security he’s had in previous seasons.

He can’t have many more of those types of performances so it may be execution but ultimately it’s his responsibility. 

16 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

At least Mike Smith had the team disciplined and on tight leash.

We lack discipline and LEADERSHIP. So having talent means nothing in such big games.

What tight leash?

2010, lost to the Iggles again 17-31, lost to GB 48-21 in OUR HOUSE in the playoffs

2011, first game of the season, lost to a very average Bears team 12-30,  last game of the season lost to the Saints 16-45, and lost to New York in the playoffs 2-24

2012, let the 49'ers in our house, built a 17-0 lead in basically one quarter, only to not only squander it away....but to put up zero points in a half of football to end up losing

In 2013, with his job on the line, our team put up 179 points against 262 points in 9 games, losing 8 of them.

-----

I like(d) Smitty, and I appreciate his years with the Falcons...but dont come in year talking about "discipline" and "tight leash" with rose glasses on.

3 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

What tight leash?

2010, lost to the Iggles again 17-31, lost to GB 48-21 in OUR HOUSE in the playoffs

2011, first game of the season, lost to a very average Bears team 12-30,  last game of the season lost to the Saints 16-45, and lost to New York in the playoffs 2-24

2012, let the 49'ers in our house, built a 17-0 lead in basically one quarter, only to not only squander it away....but to put up zero points in a half of football to end up losing

In 2013, with his job on the line, our team put up 179 points against 262 points in 9 games, losing 8 of them.

-----

I like(d) Smitty, and I appreciate his years with the Falcons...but dont come in year talking about "discipline" and "tight leash" with rose glasses on.

Who was the Falcons Offensive Coordinator in 2012-13?  I'll give you a hint...he's our OC now.