Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fiddlin John's Ghost

A Cornucopia of Fail....Analyzed in depth

33 posts in this topic

Just now, Jesus said:

I moved in my seat and drank out of the right side of my glass with my left hand, while wearing my falcons hat backwards.

Weird. That should've worked. hmmph. smh. :o

Jesus and Flying Falcon like this

10 hours ago, red2play said:

My biggest worries is that MR is not properly reading the defenses and still throwing boneheaded picks.  I also think we needed an OC that could tailor the offense to what MR does best instead of the West Coast Offense.

To many Matt Ryan has always played his best when you intentionally call plays that make him look at every potential routing tree on the entire field. THAT'S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE I NOTICED IN MATT THAT YEAR! KS forced Matt to account for the entire field with his EYES & FEET before after and regardless of the pass rush coming at him. He called plays that forced Matt to keep his head up and equally read hot routes that split off in either direction based on coverage.  MATT ALWAYS HAD A TOUGH MENTALITY AS A QB. Even when he first got here so what Shanahan did for that man IS A MIRACLE. We saw Matt equally valuing all his receivers throughout the entire field regardless of defensive scheme. THEREFORE IMO MANAGEMENT FAILED HIM. Matt Ryan should have been had a custom built oline & the long-terms services of a top-notch coordinator. INSTEAD we get mustard & cheap ketchup.

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy

Anthony Barr Sack: Dirk, Ryan, and Mack may be as responsible as Jake.

Play design: Both TEs on right or strong-side. No FB. Devonte is supposed to help block inside. 

No slot WR (for a quick dump-off or hot-read). Slow-personnel (extra TE set. Both stacked to one side of formation)

When Barr (who did not "whip Jake from the DE spot, he was at OLB - who runs to the line to blitz pre-snap -once he sees slow personnel TEs who are both stacked away from his side, and no quick-twitch personnel to punish The Vikings for blitzing.

Slow developing routes.

Mack and Ryan could have seen Barr and yelled something at least, or called a Time-out. A Time-Out could have meant a lot 

Jake does not deserve the blame 

One of those TEs should have been sent in-motion to block, or "chip" Barr.

Dirk is experienced. Matt and Mack too..

They don't need 2 slow TEs who cannot block - unless one of those TEs sees is a great TE..One who is quick, and can break hisvriute short for Ryan to make a "hot-read".

They have all worked together too long for that to happen 

It is late keep they were not using Audibles.

Not much pre-season play? "We're going to run what we have called no matter what"?

I amazingly made it the first play analysis but stopped after reading that one.  It wasn't a "stupid" playcall or any other nonsense.  All it was was a matter of Matthews missing his assignment completely.  The end.  Anyone who can't see that has no business doing any kind of breakdown or analysis...