Falcons Fan MVP

What can we do to beat these "physical" teams?

79 posts in this topic

These physical teams like the Vikings, Ravens and Eagles  just keep bullying us around the field. What do you think this team can do to get the upperhand on these types of teams WITH THE ROSTER WE HAVE RIGHT NOW? I am sure if Bill Bellicheck was our head coach he would figure something out. There has got to be something we could do to outsmart these types of teams on both sides of the ball. Do you guys have any ideas? Do you think we already have the guys to do it once they gel? Your thoughts?

Ive been pondering this also.  We continue to get manhandles on both lines.  It happened in the Mike Smith regime and it continues in the Quinn era.  Is it as simple as Dimitroff being the problem?  I have no idea, I just know we have not had a dominant OL or DL in a long long time.

PokerSteve likes this

Let’s be honest, “finesse” teams like the Saints and Pats give us fits, too.

We can’t get off the field on 3rd down, don’t get sacks and have stupid penalties.

Someone on this board said we had the 3rd best passing D this week. Obviously, that’s because Minnesota didn’t need to pass to beat us.

Do you think Oliver and Trufant are going to lock down their men when the chips are on the line?

2 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

Let’s be honest, “finesse” teams like the Saints and Pats give us fits, too.

We can’t get off the field on 3rd down, don’t get sacks and have stupid penalties.

Someone on this board said we had the 3rd best passing D this week. Obviously, that’s because Minnesota didn’t need to pass to beat us.

Do you think Oliver and Trufant are going to lock down their men when the chips are on the line?

I think we would have a better chance of beating the Patriots than the Vikings or Ravens but I get what you're saying. We do okay against the Eagles as long as it's at home.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

NE hasn’t tanked since the 90’s, yet continue to produce success...has nothing to do with tanking

Or be really good at cheating. Lol just kidding. 

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

These physical teams like the Vikings, Ravens and Eagles  just keep bullying us around the field. What do you think this team can do to get the upperhand on these types of teams WITH THE ROSTER WE HAVE RIGHT NOW? I am sure if Bill Bellicheck was our head coach he would figure something out. There has got to be something we could do to outsmart these types of teams on both sides of the ball. Do you guys have any ideas? Do you think we already have the guys to do it once they gel? Your thoughts?

It’s starts with the coaches if you say you are what you say you are you have to make sure you have the cattle to do the mentioned.

I’d also say more creative play calling and like the coaches say put players in position to succeed.

I mean a great example of this was our offense in 2016 it wasn’t a very physical Oline but the play calling was so diverse teams couldn’t get a beat on you.I think that’s the genius of KS over what we have over guys like Sark & DK.

Intent is another thing signal your intent if a team is strong in a certain area game plan to take that area on maybe not head on but you need the creativity in thinking to do this.I think that’s what we lack creativity.

Maybe we just need a new catch phrase. We crush everyone in catch phrases! Or should we go all old school on the Eagles with 2 Legit 2 Quit? We could combine old with something new like Brotherhood From Flowery, or Throw 1 2 our Guys, Ice. No, those are awful. Sorry guys, I'm pretty bad at this. Hey, that one works too!

6 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Ive been pondering this also.  We continue to get manhandles on both lines.  It happened in the Mike Smith regime and it continues in the Quinn era.  Is it as simple as Dimitroff being the problem?  I have no idea, I just know we have not had a dominant OL or DL in a long long time.

TD is the problem. He is horrible at evaluating talent on both lines and always tends to go for faster thinner guys. This means we are always being pushed around cause we are under weight on the lines.

Da_Truth likes this

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

TD is the problem. He is horrible at evaluating talent on both lines and always tends to go for faster thinner guys. This means we are always being pushed around cause we are under weight on the lines.

The guy picking our linemen looks like he works at a hipster coffee shop.

PokerSteve likes this

41 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Maybe we just need a new catch phrase. We crush everyone in catch phrases! Or should we go all old school on the Eagles with 2 Legit 2 Quit? We could combine old with something new like Brotherhood From Flowery, or Throw 1 2 our Guys, Ice. No, those are awful. Sorry guys, I'm pretty bad at this. Hey, that one works too!

Maybe the Falcon Cast, if it still exists, can hand out signs that say "Rise Brotherly Brotherhood and Win the Fight We All Expected But Didn't Get The Result We Wanted, So We Lifted Some Logs To Change Our Mindset."

PokerSteve likes this

We dominated the interior on our DL.

The issue was our edge contain let them run around the end instead.

So, step want to winning a physical battle is do your job. 

Also, I’m expecting the offense of line to do much better as the season gets going. Kaleb and Jamon might have flaws in pass protection but you know they can run block! 

Do the basics right first and then we can talk 

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Not turn the ball over 4 times. Cant beat tge Montreal Alloutes like that.

Our turn overs and lack of takeways are a direct result of both our Lines getting man handled

On 9/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, MAD597 said:

Our turn overs and lack of takeways are a direct result of both our Lines getting man handled

Freeman fumbles the ball in the open getting tackled 1on1 vs. LB.

Ryan doesn’t throw away a ball properly and gets picked off.

How is that on the line? LOL 

Geneaut likes this