D.B.N.

If we flop this year

43 posts in this topic

If we flop again this year and miss the playoffs it’s time to clean house.  Hire Lincoln Riley and draft one of either Tua, Fields, or Lawrence in the next two years to replace Ryan. 

thofin21 and sdogg like this

the sky isn't falling. The falcons wont flop. There's simply too much talent. Those guys that were injured may need some time to get their confidence back. Keanu especially, was caught hesitating a few plays

for better or worse this is pretty much the team for the next 2 years. We're 3 mil below the cap for next year already.

I heard that the more threads like this we have, then Kevin Durant’s next chapter is coming to the Atlanta Braves. Go Thrashers, and keep making these types of threads! 

I want to believe we aren't going to flop. If we do though, we need a new coach and possibly a new GM. I like the Lincoln Riley idea because I think a lot of his stuff would translate to the NFL. 

But hopefully that becomes a moot point because we turn it around 

D.B.N., Malachore, sdogg and 1 other like this

Ryan is only getting older. We need to draft his replacement. Someone who can actually be mobile since our OL is like Swiss cheese. Ryan being a statue can never get the ball out quick enough. Plus Quinn and hopefully TD are good as gone if we flop again. Bring in Riley. Make it happen AB. 

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Ryan is only getting older. We need to draft his replacement. Someone who can actually be mobile since our OL is like Swiss cheese. Ryan being a statue can never get the ball out quick enough. Plus Quinn and hopefully TD are good as gone if we flop again. Bring in Riley. Make it happen AB. 

Ryan is plenty mobile. That's not the issue. Sure he's not Vick, but he is fine in that category. Look at Watson tonight for example as to why mobility won't necessarily cover up a bad OL. 

PokerSteve and Geneaut like this

10 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

the sky isn't falling. The falcons wont flop. There's simply too much talent. Those guys that were injured may need some time to get their confidence back. Keanu especially, was caught hesitating a few plays

The sky is falling and we will flop, it's the only thing you can count on when it comes to the Falcons. 50 + seasons of it should teach some of you something. We'll be lucky to get to 6-10

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

The sky is falling and we will flop, it's the only thing you can count on when it comes to the Falcons. 50 + seasons of it should teach some of you something. We'll be lucky to get to 6-10

Let em keep sipping that Kool aid 

Edited by D.B.N.

16 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

He has one of the quickest releases in the game lol. Try again

27 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ryan is plenty mobile. That's not the issue. Sure he's not Vick, but he is fine in that category. Look at Watson tonight for example as to why mobility won't necessarily cover up a bad OL. 

Mobility gives you much more of a fighting chance in critical situations. Ryan is such a slow-twitched dude its very easy for pressure to get to him.

D.B.N. and Flying Falcon like this

28 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Fields or Lawrence with Riley at HC would be a great new era for Atlanta Falcons football. 

Defensive HC's seem to have dud defenses maybe we need a fresh new innovative offensive mind at HC if we want to see a top 10 unit on D lol. Lincoln Riley and Lawrence would be unfair. Ridley and McGary/Lindstrom would be great developed assets for them to work with... maybe even Julio is still here.

D.B.N. likes this

1 hour ago, CTann said:

I heard that the more threads like this we have, then Kevin Durant’s next chapter is coming to the Atlanta Braves. Go Thrashers, and keep making these types of threads! 

The Braves are our only saving grace.

PokerSteve likes this

If we miss the playoffs, I do Believe Quinn is gone, I don't know so much about TD since he has always given the coach the players he wants.  Also, y'all are trippin on Matt's abilities.  No, he will never have a designed run but he's plenty fast enough and elusive enough in the pocket to avoid sacks and make positive yards on broken plays.  

Geneaut likes this

7 hours ago, vel said:

Shut up. Please.

thank you for saying it. Had I said it I would have 3 people in my notifications telling me how unnecessary it is.

Geneaut likes this

8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

If we flop again this year and miss the playoffs it’s time to clean house.  Hire Lincoln Riley and draft one of either Tua, Fields, or Lawrence in the next two years to replace Ryan. 

That sounds like a brilliant plan.

Said no one ever.

rounz and Geneaut like this

So the key to fixing our team is to replace our Super Bowl winning pro coach with a career college coach. 

Oh, and to replace our former MVP and perennial top NFL QB with a college kid who has never played a snap in the NFL. 

Can we consider some folks from Pop Warner too or is college our limit?

The Great American likes this