MNF Texans vs Saints

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I just go by what actually happens and don’t play woulda shoulda coulda.

The Falcons were not competitive and were never in that game.  There’s no telling what the Saints would have done as it’s different matchups and a different game plan.

Saints could have gone up 7-0 in Minnesota.  They could have been down 0-14 but we’ll never be sure because we’re playing make believe.

Falcons got embarrassed.  Saints did not.  And that stings.

Like I said, the outcome doesn’t make them prepared and change your hot take to valid.

Nice goal post change tho. :tiphat:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are a Taint fan, on the message board of a team you haven't even played against immediately following a victory by your team.  Let that sink in, then ask yourself what you're doing with your

This is a stupid rule, but it’s screwing the Saints so I’ll take it.

Yesssss!!!  F the saints!

36 minutes ago, slider said:

Ref signaled TO as soon as the receiver hit the ground. No Saint I saw was calling TO at that time. Not saying they wouldn't have gotten it called but refs took it upon themselves to call the TO the millisecond the rcvr hit the ground.

That's that home cooking 

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’m really impressed at how they’re protecting him.

Broncos have two of the best pass rushers in the league and they’re totally shutting them down.

Commentators were saying the raiders were doing something to neutralize their rush. Forgot what they said  

Ive been eyeing Trent Brown. He’s head and shoulders bigger than the other linemen. 

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You weren’t part of this conversation earlier.

@Sun Tzu 7 praises how prepared the Saints were while they had the first half they did tonight.

He changed goal posts to basing it on W/L being validation to his opinion.

Feeling vindicated based on the outcome of the game doesn’t make what transpired in the first half irrelevant.

What about 2 massive pass plays to lose the lead late? What about Texans giving them an easy FG range conversion playing the wrong defense?

Minnesota on the road was a tougher task to have a comeback shot than what Saints showed tonight. Better secondary and DL.

ADDED: Falcons weren’t shut out but nice try.

My reply to you had nothing to do with Sun Tzu's conversation in the first place. The Saints showed a resiliency and savvy we did not posses at all on Sunday.

There is a good possibility they would have lost against the Vikes in Minny but to say with definite certainty that they would have been destroyed is delusion. The slight narrative shift that the Vikes are now some great NFC team that will destroy opponents is definitely cute.

Edited by Jerz #Quinning
11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You know what you win.

ive spent enough time on this tonight.

Have a good one.

Ok, I agree the Saints looked better than Atlanta week 1 in the end, but it just wasn’t clean and pretty is what I was harping on. They were flat.

Like you said, we shot ourselves in the foot with numerous turnovers. We did look worse. Maybe our home opener will have some redeeming quality like a good ole W.

Have a good one, too.

19 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

My reply to you had nothing to do with Sun Tzu's conversation in the first place. The Saints showed a resiliency and savvy we did not posses at all on Sunday.

There is a good possibility they would have lost against the Vikes in Minny but to say with definite certainty that they would have been destroyed is delusion. The slight narrative shift that the Vikes are now some great NFC team that will destroy opponents is definitely cute.

You missed how in the middle of our back and forth it went from praising the polished first half Saints to what you are describing.

A repeat of their 1st half would’ve been way harder to overcome in MIN vs a better pass rush and secondary.

Their performance tonight was questionable at best. Claw back, give away their comeback in 2 plays? Yeah, that’s prepared.

Luckily, the Texans situational defense bailed them out for a free FG. Saints got straight up beat on back to back throws.

I was not impressed with their performance but you are right they did come back and didn’t have the snowball game we did. We definitely shot ourselves more than they did. It’s week 1 and to be expected. The point, sir.

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

You are a Taint fan, on the message board of a team you haven't even played against immediately following a victory by your team. 

Let that sink in, then ask yourself what you're doing with your life. 

First off, I only responded because he said something that wasn't factual. Secondly, I'm bored, I'm in the hospital recovering from my 4th back surgery. Tell me, what would you be doing if you were laid up in the hospital? I intended to only view the forum to see how many was acting like the sky was falling. Thirdly, I'm very comfortable and secure with myself, but sometimes its just too much fun to read this forum. Peace.....

Edited by Winn chicken
1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Bottom line is...Saints showed some balls....didnt flinch....play tough and showed some resiliency

Falcons got embarrassed

Week1 ...who knows how the season will play out...but they looked like ****..

I aint about to talk about a team that handled their business

Goodnight....Chop the **** on....Go Falcons..

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You missed how in the middle of our back and forth it went from praising the polished first half Saints to what you are describing.

A repeat of their 1st half would’ve been way harder to overcome in MIN vs a better pass rush and secondary.

Their performance tonight was questionable at best. Claw back, give away their comeback in 2 plays? Yeah, that’s prepared.

Luckily, the Texans situational defense bailed them out for a free FG. Saints got straight up beat on back to back throws.

I was not impressed with their performance but you are right they did come back and didn’t have the snowball game we did. We definitely shot ourselves more than they did. It’s week 1 and to be expected. The point, sir.

LOL!! Saints win because the Texans play worse situational defense than the Saints did and all of a sudden the Saints are this big bad boogie man! These folks crazy. The Saints looked like garbage much of the game. I don't think the Texans are gonna be very good when all is said and done this year and for much of this game the Texans looked like the better team. Based on week 1, the clear cut 2 best looking teams in the NFL IMO are the Cowboys and Patriots.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's a good coach, I just don't know how good of a personnel guy he is. He didn't do much in Tampa after Dungy's players started leaving.

His biggest problem there was the quarterback carousel. They were always tough though. He always gave us a hard time. He did a nice job with Oakland the first time he was there too. If not this year, I believe he will have the Raiders as a contender before long.

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

His biggest problem there was the quarterback carousel. They were always tough though. He always gave us a hard time. He did a nice job with Oakland the first time he was there too. If not this year, I believe he will have the Raiders as a contender before long.

And who exactly picked the QBs? Jon Gruden did. He absolutely refused to let the Bucs draft a QB with a high pick because he hates young QBs. It's why he had Rich Gannon his first go around in Oakland and then had Brad Johnson and Brian Griese in Tampa. Those are his words, not mine. He actually said several years ago on air during one of the MNF games that he couldn't stand young QBs because they're always making mistakes that veteran QBs normally don't make. It's why many thought he would dump Derek Carr last year.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And who exactly picked the QBs? Jon Gruden did. He absolutely refused to let the Bucs draft a QB with a high pick because he hates young QBs. It's why he had Rich Gannon his first go around in Oakland and then had Brad Johnson and Brian Griese in Tampa. Those are his words, not mine. He actually said several years ago on air during one of the MNF games that he couldn't stand young QBs because they're always making mistakes that veteran QBs normally don't make. It's why many thought he would dump Derek Carr last year.

Yeah, but drafting one doesn't necessarily end the carousel. A lot of those bust too.  He definitely like more experienced QBs, but he's made it work alot too. Carr is young, but apparently he likes him. I think they will do good together.