Ergo Proxy

MNF Texans vs Saints

719 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Draft wise I agree with but we've put together good OLs. 2017 fell apart when Levitre went down and it took too long to properly replace Chester.

Lindstrom was that and everyone complained and moaned about the pick until he is our best interior pass blocker...and is gone in week 1 to a broken foot.

Oh I was very impressed with Lind. I'm just saying that it should have never taken this long (Ryan's career is closer to being done, than just getting started) for TD to finally take the OL serious. He drafted Ryan to be his long term franchise QB. Should have made it a priority early on, to build a wall in front of him. 

Ergo Proxy and FalconFan1st like this

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I thought people said the Texans o line was weak???

They are...it is one reason why they tried to trade clowny for linemen and ended giving up half a draft for a LT

Iron Saint likes this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Acuna hit No. 38 for the Braves to lead off the game. *Carry on.

He's definitely going to get 40 HR's. How many SB's does he have?

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Oh I was very impressed with Lind. I'm just saying that it should have never taken this long (Ryan's career is closer to being done, than just getting started) for TD to finally take the OL serious. He drafted Ryan to be his long term franchise QB. Should have made it a priority early on, to build a wall in front of him. 

We've gotten good linemen and had good lines. We paid big for Mack in 2016 and draft Matthews in 2014. Schraeder was developing that year. Our issue before Mack was the poor job replacing McClure from 13-15, and the failed drafting of OL like Konz and Holmes.

That set us back. 17 was a setback from Wes not being ready for RG and 18 both our starting OG went down/RT of several years regressed really quickly for some reason.

I LOVE what McGary and Lindstorm look to be long-term. Gono looks like a good find and we got vet depth helping with Lind now.

OTOH, I say DQ gotta own that Vic pick and Takk needs to step up. Grady was a superb 5th round pick.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Saints run D just as bad as ours, maybe worse. 

There run defense was ranked one or two depending how you looked at it.

Iron Saint likes this

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Allen doing a lot of standing up of his edge guys. I think Cam has been rushing from a two point stance the whole game.

Not sure it means anything substantive, but interesting.

You noticed that, too? Maybe it's for the mobile QB like Watson. The 'contain' rush in base.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Looking at Johnson and Hyde, I wish Ollison and Hill were active yesterday. I know Freeman runs hard, but he's not gonna have the impact that the bigger back have. I'm ready for a power running game.

Yep. 

Faithful Falcon likes this